Poll: Abortion and Birth Control
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am for the birth control pill, but pro-life
44.74%
I am against the birth control pill, but pro-choice
0%
I am for the birth control pill and pro-choice
50.00%
I am against the birth control pill and pro-life
2.63%
I have no idea
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for?
Beetle01 Wrote:The founding fathers did intend this country to be based on Christian beliefs and morals. Ive posted many quotes from them on this board, stating that exactly. Actually you can find most of them felt if this country ever strayed from its Christian beliefs it would fall, as it was only designed to operate under such beliefs. It seems that we are headed that way more and more each day. People like yourself who support abortion, gay rights, and gun control, will be the reason this country fails. Just plain and simple, not just those 3 things but also trying to eliminate poverty, which is impossible. Trying to make everyone equal, which is impossible. If we strive for those things we will surely fail.

Thomas Jefferson put together a book in which he took out everything in the Gospels that could not be understood in terms of human logic. "People like me" have existed over America's history in large numbers...yet this country is still here. Perhaps "god" will strike us down for ruining the planet with smoke and smog and burning fumes and sewage? Perhaps "god" will strike us down for hard hearts toward the poor? Perhaps "god" will strike us down for handing out handguns like candy? Perhaps "god" will strike us down for silver and gold lifestyles? All of these I could argue from the "bible" in the same way you argue based on your "christian" beliefs. Also, violation of freedom of conscience was not counseled by the wisest of our Founding Fathers.
Messages In This Thread
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for? - by thecavemaster - 11-12-2008, 02:35 PM