Poll: Abortion and Birth Control
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am for the birth control pill, but pro-life
44.74%
I am against the birth control pill, but pro-choice
0%
I am for the birth control pill and pro-choice
50.00%
I am against the birth control pill and pro-life
2.63%
I have no idea
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for?
thecavemaster Wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, a woman's right to vote is not mentioned, freedom from enslavement is not mentioned, freedom from segretation is not specifically mentioned. Then, in light of the ideals spoken in the document, interpretation followed that brought "light" to the ideas of liberty and equality and fairness therein expressed. Let us say 38 states do not ratify a woman's right to vote. Is that the end? No. In a Constutional Democracy, there is more to essential liberty than a showing of hands.

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Pretty much covers it right there.
That amendment had to be ratified by 38 states. Until then women would not and still would not have the right to vote.

I find it interesting that on one hand liberals scream seperation of church and state but on the other want to the govt to step in on a religious matter. Marriage has a religious beginning and is a religous act. Even if you don't believe in God, if you go through the act of being married, it is a religious act.
Messages In This Thread
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for? - by Beetle01 - 11-13-2008, 12:35 PM