Poll: Abortion and Birth Control
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am for the birth control pill, but pro-life
44.74%
I am against the birth control pill, but pro-choice
0%
I am for the birth control pill and pro-choice
50.00%
I am against the birth control pill and pro-life
2.63%
I have no idea
2.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for?
Shady Grady Wrote:Federal funds will be spent after Obama takes office. He has already said that is one executive order he will overturn. I know the woman's choice is defined by Roe v. Wade. My point is why hasn't someone challened the seatbelt law? How can that not be a matter of choice?

Have you ever been pulled over and ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt? I rarely ever wear mine and I've never been caught. It's honestly your choice to wear one because it isn't like you are going to be sentenced to death for breaking that law. If you change the seatbelt law that doesn't mean car companies are going to stop manufacturing cars without them. People will still choose to wear them and some won't. The law is only looking out for the safety of the people by enforcing the seatbelt law. I have had several wrecks myself, and I feel if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt I could have been seriously injured.

Abortion is a much bigger issue. If you take away the choice for a woman to have one, it's like telling her she can't choose what she does with her own body, and you are still going to have the idiots who have back-alley abortions and risk getting themselves infected with God-knows-what and possibly even death. I wonder how many people will have "accidental" miscarriages if Roe V. Wade is overturned .It's not hard to be accidently hit in the stomach, and accidently trip down a flight of stairs, etc. It sounds awful, but people will do it.

Everyone thinks people who are pro-choice are awful, but I don't support partial birth abortions. I feel anything over 8 or 9 weeks is not right. That is enough time for someone to find out they are pregnant and schedule an appointment. I also don't agree with the government supplying funds for it. I think the person having the abortion should have full responsibility for paying for it. So go ahead pro-lifers hack up my post.
Messages In This Thread
Birth Control and Abortion - what are you for? - by catsfan072 - 12-03-2008, 10:22 PM