Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Corbin do what is expected of them??
I believe that we can all agree that Corbin boys soccer are the favorites in the 16th region to win the region tournament. But are they going to play like they are expected to play or come up short and have a new 16th region title team.
frankie21 Wrote:I believe that we can all agree that Corbin boys soccer are the favorites in the 16th region to win the region tournament. But are they going to play like they are expected to play or come up short and have a new 16th region title team.

Corbin may be the favorite, but it's going to be tough to repeat. Corbin has 11 seniors that are wanting to extend their high school careers as long as possible. OBI looked very good last night in beating South Laurel and Corbin needs to win the district to get the best possible draw for the regional tournament. Having to travel a long distance could be a factor in the outcome of this as well, especially if they have to play 3 games. OBI, Perry Central and Pikeville all have shots at winning the region in my opinion.

Where will the region be held and when does it start?
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin may be the favorite, but it's going to be tough to repeat. Corbin has 11 seniors that are wanting to extend their high school careers as long as possible. OBI looked very good last night in beating South Laurel and Corbin needs to win the district to get the best possible draw for the regional tournament. Having to travel a long distance could be a factor in the outcome of this as well, especially if they have to play 3 games. OBI, Perry Central and Pikeville all have shots at winning the region in my opinion.

Pikeville dose not have the talent to win region or to even come close.
Pikeville is a contender offcourse, but no chance to win. I believe PCC will have a chance at winning it. Corbin--- yea i believe theyll make it to the finals.
EKY_Soccer_Fanatic Wrote:Pikeville is a contender offcourse, but no chance to win. I believe PCC will have a chance at winning it. Corbin--- yea i believe theyll make it to the finals.

Yes PCC dose and Corbin is the favorite but i called Oneida beating South in a earlier thread and im talling everyone if they play together they could win it.
dore20 Wrote:Yes PCC dose and Corbin is the favorite but i called Oneida beating South in a earlier thread and im talling everyone if they play together they could win it.

Corbin will find out tomorrow just how good OBI is. I see a 3-2 Corbin win.
Corbin is very good
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin may be the favorite, but it's going to be tough to repeat. Corbin has 11 seniors that are wanting to extend their high school careers as long as possible. OBI looked very good last night in beating South Laurel and Corbin needs to win the district to get the best possible draw for the regional tournament. Having to travel a long distance could be a factor in the outcome of this as well, especially if they have to play 3 games. OBI, Perry Central and Pikeville all have shots at winning the region in my opinion.

If Perry Central wins the 32nd then the region will be there. If not then I don't really know. I'm sure it will start at the middle of next week. I would suppose.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin will find out tomorrow just how good OBI is. I see a 3-2 Corbin win.

That is a good projection. But I think in order for that to happen, OBI will have to play better than they did against South I think.
frankie21 Wrote:If Perry Central wins the 32nd then the region will be there. If not then I don't really know. I'm sure it will start at the middle of next week. I would suppose.

it doesn't work that way, that who ever wins gets the host region. It goes through a cycle. The way the cycle should work a team from the 33rd district should host region. IF not then it would be LCC, Pikeville or SHelby Valley considering Perry held it the year befor last.
The winner of the EVEN numbered district will host region the EVEN numbered year... perry can host every even numbered region tourny if they win the district championship...

i am not sure how the region will work next year, more than likely the 33rd will host it, but this year its 32nd district winner
Good posts everyone....but lets not get away from the topic of the thread. I still havn't got a definitive answer out of anyone really. WILL CORBIN WIN THE REGION TOURNAMENT? Pikeville is now out of the question by losing to an underdog letcher.
frankie21 Wrote:Good posts everyone....but lets not get away from the topic of the thread. I still havn't got a definitive answer out of anyone really. WILL CORBIN WIN THE REGION TOURNAMENT? Pikeville is now out of the question by losing to an underdog letcher.

i believe i told u that was gonna happen to frankie
dore20 Wrote:i believe i told u that was gonna happen to frankie

I believe you did call the letcher game sir.
frankie21 Wrote:I believe you did call the letcher game sir.

PCC VS Corbin region final if Perry can get past oneida who will most likely be on there side of the bracket. But OBI is showing they are dangerous.
dore20 Wrote:PCC VS Corbin region final if Perry can get past oneida who will most likely be on there side of the bracket. But OBI is showing they are dangerous.
Do they seed the Reg. by win percentage of the 3 district winners?
region is a draw where you cant draw a team from your own district.

2 winners will draw a bye, the other winner draws a loser from a different district
soccerdrew12 Wrote:The winner of the EVEN numbered district will host region the EVEN numbered year... perry can host every even numbered region tourny if they win the district championship...

i am not sure how the region will work next year, more than likely the 33rd will host it, but this year its 32nd district winner

so when did it change because allowing a district winner to host it is probley the dumbest thing I have ever heard. JMO. If it rains at Perry again then I will feel sorry for those kids that are forced to play on those types of field conditions. Also suprise to hear that Perry;s principal and football team are allowing them to play there again.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:so when did it change because allowing a district winner to host it is probley the dumbest thing I have ever heard. JMO. If it rains at Perry again then I will feel sorry for those kids that are forced to play on those types of field conditions. Also suprise to hear that Perry;s principal and football team are allowing them to play there again.

It's not gonna be on the football field. It is gonna be on the baseball field so there will be no drama.
Region has worked this way At Least the last 5 years...
frankie21 Wrote:It's not gonna be on the football field. It is gonna be on the baseball field so there will be no drama.

thank god for that... is the drainage system good??? Also how will they do stands? Will they place some behind the fence, or will it be bring ya a seat and plop your self down? lol
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:thank god for that... is the drainage system good??? Also how will they do stands? Will they place some behind the fence, or will it be bring ya a seat and plop your self down? lol

they have bleachers for the teams and a couple of sets for the fans, most people bring their own seat though, thats how its always been at perry county

its a smaller field but facility wise its much better than PCC's other field. lights and a sound system, restrooms, and a concession stand.
soccerdrew12 Wrote:they have bleachers for the teams and a couple of sets for the fans, most people bring their own seat though, thats how its always been at perry county

its a smaller field but facility wise its much better than PCC's other field. lights and a sound system, restrooms, and a concession stand.
Smaller field? I thought they were all the same size.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:so when did it change because allowing a district winner to host it is probley the dumbest thing I have ever heard. JMO. If it rains at Perry again then I will feel sorry for those kids that are forced to play on those types of field conditions. Also suprise to hear that Perry;s principal and football team are allowing them to play there again.

I was there two years ago when the games were played in the mud at the football field and it was sloppy. Corbin's coach told me that Perry Central may not have anywhere to host the tournament if they win their district. I'm not sure where it would be played at if that is the case.
soccerdrew12 Wrote:they have bleachers for the teams and a couple of sets for the fans, most people bring their own seat though, thats how its always been at perry county

What are the approximate dimensions of the field?
SEKYFAN Wrote:I was there two years ago when the games were played in the mud at the football field and it was sloppy. Corbin's coach told me that Perry Central may not have anywhere to host the tournament if they win their district. I'm not sure where it would be played at if that is the case.

We have a field he was wrong.
If Perry's field is able to host district, it is able to host region. It isnt as wide as their old field, but its wider than when they hosted it at the football field.

Anyways, they still have to win district...
soccerdrew12 Wrote:If Perry's field is able to host district, it is able to host region. It isnt as wide as their old field, but its wider than when they hosted it at the football field.

Anyways, they still have to win district...

Very true....Could be at letcher if Perry doesn't come to play
well perry came to play and then beat Oneida Baptist and have been playing at the top of their game so if i was corbin i would try my best not to make any mistakes...
dore1 Wrote:well perry came to play and then beat Oneida Baptist and have been playing at the top of their game so if i was corbin i would try my best not to make any mistakes...

well apparently they made no mistake tonight. Congrats to Perry on a fine season, and a bigger Congrats to Corbin.