Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central Softball Field
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Thank You JShort5 for answering that for me..Smile

Check out Title 9...
I just know they are taking there time.
we have got use to playing on crap.

its not what you play on or were at its how you play.....
Yeah you could work on the current field and make it better but what about how they have to share that field with little league and rec soccer.
idontkno Wrote:It dont matter what kind of field they play on there still going to get beat by Jenkins

Is that all you think about? Are you serious.......if the whole team of the cougars could decide on winning and beating Jenkins they will that will probley be the next game we get rescedualedSmile I hope we do get a feild by next year, so we can play jenkins's on it and kick there azz!!!!:igiveup: :moon: :devilflam
untouchable13 Wrote:Check out Title 9...

afraid this is true fellas. The ladies deserve a field too and even if they didn't title 9 allows them to get one. Letcher filed a paper with the Khsaa saying that they would have one for the girls in 2 years. so that is why they have to have it done by then...they will probably file for an extension because it won't be done in time, but after that extension, if they don't have it done, boys field is shut down.:rockon:
proud.lady.cougar Wrote:Is that all you think about? Are you serious.......if the whole team of the cougars could decide on winning and beating Jenkins they will that will probley be the next game we get rescedualedSmile I hope we do get a feild by next year, so we can play jenkins's on it and kick there azz!!!!:igiveup: :moon: :devilflam

Highly doubt that happening.
They should have thought about it before they built that baseball field.
Any updates on Title 9? Will they break ground this summer on a softball field, or will the KHSAA shut down the baseball field?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Its really sad those girls don't have their own field to play on. They deserve a field just as much as the boys. The parents need to go to the board and voice their opinion! Last I heard, they were going to build the vocational school first then start building the softball field. I don't know if this is still the case though.
I had heard that they were told by the KHSAA that they have to start building or the field will be shut down due to title 9!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I was told last week that the voc. school came first then the softball field. But who knows when.
When it comes to Title 9, and the khsaa, the votech school will take a backseat. It all depends on what the decision is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

The KHSAA and Title 9 have known for quite some time about the 3 to 1 ratio of money being spent on boys vs. girls at LCCHS. They will build a softball field someday, but only when they are made to. The soccer and track people can forget about a field in the near future.
That is such a shame. Those girls have the right to their own field. I'm sure its hard for them to work around little league and everything else that is going on up at that field. Any clue why Title 9 hasn't enforced the construction of their own field yet?
HOOT Wrote:The KHSAA and Title 9 have known for quite some time about the 3 to 1 ratio of money being spent on boys vs. girls at LCCHS. They will build a softball field someday, but only when they are made to. The soccer and track people can forget about a field in the near future.

What is so funny is the track team is the most successful program at the school. Numerous regional titles. Just think what they can do if they had a field.

sballgal3 Wrote:That is such a shame. Those girls have the right to their own field. I'm sure its hard for them to work around little league and everything else that is going on up at that field. Any clue why Title 9 hasn't enforced the construction of their own field yet?
It is being a hush hush right now, but it will come out eventually.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

proud.lady.cougar Wrote:Is that all you think about? Are you serious.......if the whole team of the cougars could decide on winning and beating Jenkins they will that will probley be the next game we get rescedualedSmile I hope we do get a feild by next year, so we can play jenkins's on it and kick there azz!!!!:igiveup: :moon: :devilflam

I respect your cougar pride but you'll not beat Jenkins this year. It will be 10 Jenkins wins in row by the end of the year! You may be able to pull off a win next year after we graduate 6 starters but it ain't gonna happen this year!!!
cougarpride08 Wrote:What is so funny is the track team is the most successful program at the school. Numerous regional titles. Just think what they can do if they had a field.

It is being a hush hush right now, but it will come out eventually.

Thats right the track team has been very good, Sally has done a great job. Oh by the way: They do have a field or track ; Jenkins has let them use theirs.
HOOT Wrote:Thats right the track team has been very good, Sally has done a great job. Oh by the way: They do have a field or track ; Jenkins has let them use theirs.

Not the same man. They want there own. A way to recognize there seniors.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I agree 100%. It's a shame they have to go to Jenkins. That was meant as sarcasm.
Got off topic for a minuet, but someone will be finding out shortly on what the decision is going to be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!