Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volleyball 2009
Sorry if i make anyone mad... I think the girls need a coach that will get out on the flood and work with them .. I know mcharles3 you work with the girls .... have to say Barry did go to Mrs Fields and ask if he could help ..... and she told him NO!!!!!!!!!!! But anyway i do wish the girls best of luck this year. and next year .

Have a good day
from **Phelpes** Dancer**
Roberta
Sorry if i make anyone mad... I think the girls need a coach that will get out on the floor and work with them .. I know mcharles3 you work with the girls .... have to say Barry did go to Mrs Fields and ask if he could help ..... and she told him NO!!!!!!!!!!! But anyway i do wish the girls best of luck this year. and next year .

Have a good day
from **Phelpes** Dancer**
Roberta
The problem does not lie within the coaching staff it is with some of the players attitudes and that of their parents.And it's not only @ Phelps it's in almost all schools in Pike Co.I've talked with people who's kids play all different sports in all different schools in Pike co. and they say they have the same problem. Parents who try and coach their kids from the stands .The kids don't know who to listen to and if they listen to the coaches instead of their parents ,their parents get on to them. Parents do your kid a favor and the coaches a favor.Be a parent and fan and let the coaches do their job and let your kids play the game and have fun and hopefully win. If you were such a great coach you'd be using your time and coaching instead of second guessing the coaches.
Hopefully most of the attitudes are gone from the volleyball team.A few last year wanted to be the star and try and get all the points themselves instead of setting up the offense.Or getting in front of other players to try and hit it.Or having the attitude that the games weren't important,and knowing more than the coaches.This group of girls play well together and have won lots of games since Jr.high so hopefully their success will continue.
Best of luck on your upcoming season !!!!
HORNET POWER Wrote:The problem does not lie within the coaching staff it is with some of the players attitudes and that of their parents.And it's not only @ Phelps it's in almost all schools in Pike Co.I've talked with people who's kids play all different sports in all different schools in Pike co. and they say they have the same problem. Parents who try and coach their kids from the stands .The kids don't know who to listen to and if they listen to the coaches instead of their parents ,their parents get on to them. Parents do your kid a favor and the coaches a favor.Be a parent and fan and let the coaches do their job and let your kids play the game and have fun and hopefully win. If you were such a great coach you'd be using your time and coaching instead of second guessing the coaches.
Hopefully most of the attitudes are gone from the volleyball team.A few last year wanted to be the star and try and get all the points themselves instead of setting up the offense.Or getting in front of other players to try and hit it.Or having the attitude that the games weren't important,and knowing more than the coaches.This group of girls play well together and have won lots of games since Jr.high so hopefully their success will continue.
Best of luck on your upcoming season !!!!

Your so right...you forgot to mention that parents down coaches in front of their children teaching them it's OK to be disrespectful to the coaches this leads to them not being coachable or buying into the team concept. It is IMO the worst sports problem everywhere. It gets worse when teams do not win.
we need to some of the letcher middle schools to play outside the areas.
How can you play outside when the rules state 8 games and 6 are in county. Rules that will only hinder development of players, let alone give them the opportunity to play better competition in the surrounding counties or state.
If...Then Wrote:This year should be even, almost every 15th Region team lost their Senior Captains. IMO Belfry will still be a top contender but could get upset trying to 3-peat

what do you mean 3-peat?
they've won region for the past 7 years.
belfry - lost two starting seniors. & as for them finding a setter, i'm thinking they'll play their lebario in that spot. they are too young of a team with too much talent & good coaching to be underestimated and looked over. im looking for mccoy, a sophomore, to step up and maybe fill the shoes of thacker.
No one will be able to take Thacker's spot right away, but I look for Belfry to still continue to dominate the 15th region.... will Pikeville as a close second, especially if Madi Shull stays.
Instead of having a tournament with 14th region teams in it, they need to get more teams to come in that they have never played before. They will play 14th region teams in reg season games, and in the tournament. I know they are playing 15th region teams, but they need to expand there schedule.
IMO i think that Pike Central will step up. They had some problems last year, but they will pull together this year. They have lots of talent, especially the sophmore group, since they have played together since grade school. there will be tons of competiton in the 15 region!
Tabby-Cakes Wrote:IMO i think that Pike Central will step up. They had some problems last year, but they will pull together this year. They have lots of talent, especially the sophmore group, since they have played together since grade school. there will be tons of competiton in the 15 region!

Same with Phelps,this group lost 3 or 4 games a year in middle school and B-team in high school,they get along well and play good together.Looking forward to a much improved season for the Lady Hornets!!!!:Thumbs:
Any teams you think will be worse instead of better? (not that they were bad before) :lmao:
We just need to get another way of getting the middle school program to get them better.
true_blue221 Wrote:Any teams you think will be worse instead of better? (not that they were bad before) :lmao:

Heard shelby valley lost all their starters,and had a lot of seniors
How many did Allen Central loose?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:How many did Allen Central loose?

I think Larry had seven...he does a great job so he will be okay maybe not as good as years past but they will know how to play the game. He also had a nice middle school team this year.
Seems like you guys in the 15th region have more excitement. Am I the only one who is trying to get pumped up about volleyball from the 14th. Maybe we just move over to the 15th. Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

15th Region teams are far ahead of the 14th Region in quality depth. In making a schedule out you must play those teams to get better. Allen Central, Belfry, South Floyd, Johnson Central are all teams to be reckoned with year in and year out. Perry Co Central and Letcher Central are willing to travel to play.
We are the only ones. Makes the 14th region crown not so special does it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Not when you do not have a rival of your equal. Coach Adams is doing a good job of upgrading schedule to heighten the competition. He is wanting more than to win Region. We had Russell all but defeated in the first round of the state last year. We have drawn the 11th region this year.
who is out of the 11th region?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Dunbar, Lafayette, Henry Clay,etc.
Ouch! A little harder competition.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

How will Belfry be this season?
AllStarsDoll Wrote:How will Belfry be this season?

At first, I thought they would be in a rebuilding season. After I was told that they only had one player to graduate (Paige Thacker), I changed my mind. As a matter of fact, they will be better next year. Those 5 other players have more experience, and I would definitely consider them to repeat as Regional Champions.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:At first, I thought they would be in a rebuilding season. After I was told that they only had one player to graduate (Paige Thacker), I changed my mind. As a matter of fact, they will be better next year. Those 5 other players have more experience, and I would definitely consider them to repeat as Regional Champions.

Belfry also lost Katie Hubbard their setter.
That still sets Belfry up to be considered the favorite to win the region behind Allen Central.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:That still sets Belfry up to be considered the favorite to win the region behind Allen Central.

Belfry BEHIND Allen Central,thats funny!!!!