Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wasting Money
I posted in another thread about how the govmt. wastes money on idiotic things. What are some of your examples of wastful spending. Also if you could stop them from wasting it on useless projects, what would you spend it on.

I'll start with NASA. We spend way too much money on Alien Hunts! I would venture to bet that most homeless Americans could have a nice place to stay out of the cold with the money that they waste on these useless projects.
:mad:
NASA is not about alien hunts. It is about exploring our universe. quite a bit of modern technology has come from NASA, or has been made better or simpler by NASA. Who knows what discoveries lay out there, or what inventions will come out fo trying to explore the Universe, possibly an energy solution. NASA is working currently on a hydro power engine which also uses magnets. Really can't depend on modern rocketfuel to get us around the galaxy, they will have to find a solution, maybe that solution leads to a discovery that could benefit this world more than any other discovery ever made.
I would still rather help the starving kids "in America" So unless they find Biscuits on Mars, Quit wasting my tax dollars.
blitz43 Wrote:I would still rather help the starving kids "in America" So unless they find Biscuits on Mars, Quit wasting my tax dollars.

There are other areas we can cut wasteful spending. I do agree with you, except on cutting back NASA, we need to explore the universe in which we live so that we can utilize it to better mankind.
Beetle01 Wrote:There are other areas we can cut wasteful spending. I do agree with you, except on cutting back NASA, we need to explore the universe in which we live so that we can utilize it to better mankind.

So, basically what your saying is while we have hundreds of thousands of people here in the U.S. who could use food and shelter, we need to search "space"? I agree we need to find new ways to utilize what we have here on earth, but why waste lives? If we could help provide jobs, food, clothing, heat, shelter, etc. for the many who need it, (and I'm not saying deadbeats who haven't hit a lick at nothing all their lives) why not set aside some of the "exploration" fund to do just that. Many out there have tried to make a life for themselves and their families only to be a statistic with the unemployment rate and if the money wasn't wasted on other things, we could do much, much more. Yes, I agree that NASA does wonderful things. They have sacrificed lives as well to help aide our country. YET, there are different ways to turn our country around and I honestly believe that space exploration will not feed the hungry. Sorry, but I have met many people from the NASA space program through the school I work at and they focus a LOT of their interest in education of the children with different programs. It is a GREAT program.

I think more money needs to go into programs for the Veterans. More needs to go to education NOT the cutting of education. School taxes are out the roof yet they are cutting educators like wildfire here. Less money needs to go into government officials pockets. I could go on and on with this one.... LOL..... I'll end for now and hopefully, I didn't offend anyone too much!!!Big Grin

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:So, basically what your saying is while we have hundreds of thousands of people here in the U.S. who could use food and shelter, we need to search "space"? I agree we need to find new ways to utilize what we have here on earth, but why waste lives? If we could help provide jobs, food, clothing, heat, shelter, etc. for the many who need it, (and I'm not saying deadbeats who haven't hit a lick at nothing all their lives) why not set aside some of the "exploration" fund to do just that. Many out there have tried to make a life for themselves and their families only to be a statistic with the unemployment rate and if the money wasn't wasted on other things, we could do much, much more. Yes, I agree that NASA does wonderful things. They have sacrificed lives as well to help aide our country. YET, there are different ways to turn our country around and I honestly believe that space exploration will not feed the hungry. Sorry, but I have met many people from the NASA space program through the school I work at and they focus a LOT of their interest in education of the children with different programs. It is a GREAT program.

I think more money needs to go into programs for the Veterans. More needs to go to education NOT the cutting of education. School taxes are out the roof yet they are cutting educators like wildfire here. Less money needs to go into government officials pockets. I could go on and on with this one.... LOL..... I'll end for now and hopefully, I didn't offend anyone too much!!!Big Grin

Im not saying that at all. Im saying we waste more money on other fruitless projects funded by our govt. We should cut those back before cutting back a program that has advanced modern technology to a place it may never have reached without it.
We do need to explore space but we need to help our people first, but their are other areas of which quite a bit of our money is spent on. In fact, most our govt. budget is mostly used on the military, so maybe we need to cut back a little on that and "pork" is also a huge part of our budget that needs to be cut (but then again, Kentucky basically runs on it).
Thanx for your opinions. I will agree that we could cut out some other areas first. Then I'd go straight after Nasa. I could care less about what the mountains look like on mars or if there is water up there. I live here on Earth. Find something here to help me out. I have worked somewhere ever since I got out of college. I have been very blessed to not hvae been without a job for more than 2 or 3 weeks at one time. I don't live an expensive life. I still struggle sometimes from payday to payday. It seems like everything you "need" is soo doggone expensive.