Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls: Paintsville 4 Johnson Central 5 in OT
Wasn't there. Was told it was 2-0 JC at the half. Paintsville battled back and with :45 secs left in OT, JC was awarded a corner kick and scored to win the District Title. Like I said I wasn't there but I was told that the corner kick should not have been awarded to JC and that it was a blown call. But, taking nothing away from JC, sounds as if it was a good game. Wish I could have made it. Good Luck to both teams in the Region!
OffTheHook Wrote:Wasn't there. Was told it was 2-0 JC at the half. Paintsville battled back and with :45 secs left in OT, JC was awarded a corner kick and scored to win the District Title. Like I said I wasn't there but I was told that the corner kick should not have been awarded to JC and that it was a blown call. But, taking nothing away from JC, sounds as if it was a good game. Wish I could have made it. Good Luck to both teams in the Region!

Very good game. They were awarded the kick, which was successful. How was it a blown call?

Anyway, awesome win Lady Eagles. We're very proud of you!
Congratulations to the JC boys also for winning their game!!
Was there, goal was good
congrats to the Lady Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck in Region..
Nice job Tigers (girls and boys)! Good Luck in the Regional!
BballFan63 Wrote:Very good game. They were awarded the kick, which was successful. How was it a blown call?

Anyway, awesome win Lady Eagles. We're very proud of you!
Congratulations to the JC boys also for winning their game!!
It was a good goal. But the corner kick call was blown, The JC player kicked the ball out of bounds but instead of giving the ball back to Paintsville, which is what the side judge called as the play happened right in front of him. The center judge (whom was not in position as he was trailing the play by a good distance)awarded JC with a corner kick. It was just a bad call at a bad time(45 seconds remaining) JC took advantage and was able to score and win the game.
The Guru Wrote:It was a good goal. But the corner kick call was blown, The JC player kicked the ball out of bounds but instead of giving the ball back to Paintsville, which is what the side judge called as the play happened right in front of him. The center judge (whom was not in position as he was trailing the play by a good distance)awarded JC with a corner kick. It was just a bad call at a bad time(45 seconds remaining) JC took advantage and was able to score and win the game.

Thanks for the information. From where I was, everything looked good. Oh, well, sometimes winning a game is just who gets a break and who takes advantage of it.

Both teams are going to the Regional, and that's the most important thing. Good Luck to each team (both schools - both girls and boys teams) next week. Johnson County/Paintsville is well represented.
BballFan63 Wrote:Thanks for the information. From where I was, everything looked good. Oh, well, sometimes winning a game is just who gets a break and who takes advantage of it.

Both teams are going to the Regional, and that's the most important thing. Good Luck to each team (both schools - both girls and boys teams) next week. Johnson County/Paintsville is well represented.
I agree.....somebody needs to catch a break when a game is hard fought. Both teams played very well.
Good luck Tigers
Tough break for the Tigers...sounds like it was a hard fought game. Good Luck in Regionals.
Where are they playing Regions this year??
OffTheHook Wrote:Wasn't there. Was told it was 2-0 JC at the half. Paintsville battled back and with :45 secs left in OT, JC was awarded a corner kick and scored to win the District Title. Like I said I wasn't there but I was told that the corner kick should not have been awarded to JC and that it was a blown call. But, taking nothing away from JC, sounds as if it was a good game. Wish I could have made it. Good Luck to both teams in the Region!

Who were the officals?
At Johnson Central
Congrats to Johnson Central for a hard fought win!
The officials were from the Ashland area..