Poll: Who wins the World Series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tampa Bay Rays
70.37%
Philadelphia Phillies
29.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins the World Series?
Who wins this years World Series and in how many games?
Ill go with the Rays in 5
Phillies.
Phills in 6
Phillies in 5
Phillies in 5, they're a dangerous team.
who cares anymore lol. joking joking. ill take the phillies.
Ill take Rays in 5
The Tamba Bay Rays in 7.

Rays The Roof!!!!!Big Grin
i have to say the rays will take the first and second game because they have played more recent games than the phillies but then the philles come back strong and take 3 straight then take the series in game 6
Since my beloved Red Sox's bit the dust the world series doesn't really matter to me but since the Rays have home advantage I will say the Rays in six games.:eek:
Both teams are evenly matched. Have a lot of young talent, power and some wiley veterans to motivate the team. Pitching for both teams is a toss-up, but for the Phillies you have Jamie Moyer who is pushing 70 years old. Even the bullpen is a toss up, after last nights performance by the Rays pen, plus bringing in David Price at the end to notch the save. Should call for some great baseball. As for my prediction.

The Fightin Phils in 7.
Pitching wins Championships, and the Rays' pitching staff is much better than that of the Phills.

I'll take the Rays in 5 games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rays in 5

Even thought they beat out the Red Sox

I remember watching them play at Tropicana. They had a monsterous dome
Tampa Bay completes there season with the Championship...it will go 7
Phillies will win it in 5. The Rays might have good pitching but they cant hold my boy Ryan Howard. I think he will have 4 to 5 homeruns in this series
Rays in a sweep. Going with history on this one..
Rays in 6
Neither team will get sweep, both are to good of a ball club to let that happen. But Im takin the Phillies in 6. Rays have a problem of choking, they bout blew it againts Boston.
But my pick is
Phillies-4
Rays-2
Rays in 5
alfus21 Wrote:Pitching wins Championships, and the Rays' pitching staff is much better than that of the Phills.

I'll take the Rays in 5 games.

not only pitching...the main thing is defense!!! defense wins championshipsmy friend
I like the WS Because the Phillies haven't won since 1980, and the Rays first time to the playoffs. Best of luck to both teams.
Phillies in 5. the rays lost last night and played an emotionally draining 7 game series with the Red Sox. I don't think they could have much left in the tank. Plus the Phillies are alot better hitting team than the Sox. And Philadelphia needs this they are the losingest team in sports history they need some good in life.
Hamels pitched superb in game 1 notching the win and Lights Out Lidge got the save. Plus Chase Utley stole a base, that means America gets a free taco from taco bell today.
-STAT- Wrote:Hamels pitched superb in game 1 notching the win and Lights Out Lidge got the save. Plus Chase Utley stole a base, that means America gets a free taco from taco bell today.
Actually, -STAT-, Jason Bartlett got the game's first stolen base, and the free tacos won't be given away until October 28. Wink Just figured I'd clear that up so you don't get all deppressed when Taco Bell won't award you you're free taco.

Now for the game...Cole Hammels is RIGHT NOW, the best pitcher in baseball. He was MVP of the NLCS with a 3-0 record and an ERA of just over 1.00. He pitched 7 innings last night, allowing only 2 runs. The kid is lights out, especially under pressure on the big stage, and he's only 24!!! The score should have been worse than 3-2. Philadelphia had chance after chance to break it open, but the Rays defense (which has been solid all year) bailed them out a few times. What really hurt the Rays was the offensive performance (or lack thereof) of BJ Upton, Carlos Pena, and Evan Longoria. Throughout the playoffs, these guys have carried the Rays, hitting a combined 16 homeruns. Last night, they were 0-12 with 5-6 striekouts. I know Hammels is good, I said he was earlier, but watching those three guys last night, you wonder if the bright lights and the big stage had somewhat of an impact on their performances. Just a though.
cj2561 Wrote:I like the WS Because the Phillies haven't won since 1980, and the Rays first time to the playoffs. Best of luck to both teams.
Kind of odd isn't it? We're so used to seeing at least one team in the World Series who has had some recent success, and now we have the Phillies who advanced past the 1st round for the first time since 1993, and the Rays who...well...were nothing short of horrible the past 10 years. I don't think on a national level, this series will draw a large audience, but for baseball fans (especially the die-hard ones...*cough* yours truly *cough*), you have to love the story lines.

Philadelphia - Only one World Series title (1980) and first advancement past first round in 15 years.

Tampa Bay - Finished last in Division in 9 of 10 years, and is their making first ever playoff appearance.

Like the saying goes on the commercials, "I live for this."
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Actually, -STAT-, Jason Bartlett got the game's first stolen base, and the free tacos won't be given away until October 28. Wink Just figured I'd clear that up so you don't get all deppressed when Taco Bell won't award you you're free taco.

Now for the game...Cole Hammels is RIGHT NOW, the best pitcher in baseball. He was MVP of the NLCS with a 3-0 record and an ERA of just over 1.00. He pitched 7 innings last night, allowing only 2 runs. The kid is lights out, especially under pressure on the big stage, and he's only 24!!! The score should have been worse than 3-2. Philadelphia had chance after chance to break it open, but the Rays defense (which has been solid all year) bailed them out a few times. What really hurt the Rays was the offensive performance (or lack thereof) of BJ Upton, Carlos Pena, and Evan Longoria. Throughout the playoffs, these guys have carried the Rays, hitting a combined 16 homeruns. Last night, they were 0-12 with 5-6 striekouts. I know Hammels is good, I said he was earlier, but watching those three guys last night, you wonder if the bright lights and the big stage had somewhat of an impact on their performances. Just a though.

They said it would be the next day from 2-6!
launchpad4 Wrote:Phillies in 5. the rays lost last night and played an emotionally draining 7 game series with the Red Sox. I don't think they could have much left in the tank. Plus the Phillies are alot better hitting team than the Sox. And Philadelphia needs this they are the losingest team in sports history they need some good in life.

The Rays play the same way in game one again the Red Soxs. They still won the series.
-STAT- Wrote:They said it would be the next day from 2-6!
As awesome as that would be, do you think Taco Bell would be prepared to serve millions (if not billions) of free tacos on such a short notice? haha I think they would need time for the promotion.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:As awesome as that would be, do you think Taco Bell would be prepared to serve millions (if not billions) of free tacos on such a short notice? haha I think they would need time for the promotion.

They should be ready. They know someones going to steal a base!