Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jacob Watts and JR Lunsford
These two seniors from Perry County Central have many thing to be proud of.
They won district all four years in high school
There record as of now is 60-12-4.
As of now JR is 2nd in the state in goals.
As of now Jacob is 2nd in the state in assists.
These young men are not only great players but are great students and fine young men. They have a very bright future in front of them on and off the field.
Good luck guys. Make us proud.
Both of these 2 young men are class acts!
these guys are two of the greatest players ive ever played with.
im glad i was part of their team
Very good players. Great season.
Same here very good players and i could see them playin D1
i've played both with and against them and im proud to say that i had the chance to play with those two
Two amazing players and people! Absolutely loved playing with these two.
FloridaFreak3 Wrote:Same here very good players and i could see them playin D1

Im not to sure about D-1, I do however think both could play for Univ. of the CUmerlands or a very good NAIA team they would have to start at the JV level and work their way up. The main reason I disagree with them not making it at a D-1 one college is because the play there and in the NAIA are totally diffrent and the types of player. In schools such as UK, North Carolina and etc. is they recruit kids who are tall and built really big while NAIA colleges go for the "quality" of players. They look for players to posses more with one and two touches. Work the ball from the inner mids out. Which is the way these two play. Plus any of the TOP 25 in the NAIA would compete with much of the NCAA including the NCAA elite programs. Hints Lindsey WIlson beat Indiana in the spring after Indiana won the NCAA Championship back in like 04
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Im not to sure about D-1, I do however think both could play for Univ. of the CUmerlands or a very good NAIA team they would have to start at the JV level and work their way up. The main reason I disagree with them not making it at a D-1 one college is because the play there and in the NAIA are totally diffrent and the types of player. In schools such as UK, North Carolina and etc. is they recruit kids who are tall and built really big while NAIA colleges go for the "quality" of players. They look for players to posses more with one and two touches. Work the ball from the inner mids out. Which is the way these two play. Plus any of the TOP 25 in the NAIA would compete with much of the NCAA including the NCAA elite programs. Hints Lindsey WIlson beat Indiana in the spring after Indiana won the NCAA Championship back in like 04

Jacob Watts is probably going to go to UK for soccer. Lunsford IDK yet. What type of soccer are you saying that D-1 plays, cause I didn't think there was a huge difference. And you talk like D-1 schools don't go for quality players just big. I think what you mean by that is people in NAIA schools recruit mainly overseas where kids have not known anything but soccer since they were born, D-1teams don't as much. But back to the point, I think that Lunsford and Watts could definitely go to a D-1 school for soccer, whether they play or not I guess is up to them.
frankie21 Wrote:Jacob Watts is probably going to go to UK for soccer. Lunsford IDK yet. What type of soccer are you saying that D-1 plays, cause I didn't think there was a huge difference. And you talk like D-1 schools don't go for quality players just big. I think what you mean by that is people in NAIA schools recruit mainly overseas where kids have not known anything but soccer since they were born, D-1teams don't as much. But back to the point, I think that Lunsford and Watts could definitely go to a D-1 school for soccer, whether they play or not I guess is up to them.

IDK I meant to take out the part to where I said D-1 soccer is alot diffrent. The players in D-1 are more built bigger thus are alot more physical and I think that aspect of things would be a major disadvatnage to them but thats JMO. I could see them going to a school such as Carson Newman which IS D-1 double A. IMO it would be just as good to play for a school such as Univ. of the Cumerlands. overall Naia and NCAA are not to far apart just are alot diffrent in the types of players they recruit. Alot of that has to due with in NAIA there is no regulation on how many foreign players you are able to have on scholarship while in the NCAA there are many. But if they do go D-1 thats great and I will be happy for them I just think there style of play will benefit them more in the NAIA. But hey that JMO. :thumpsup:
Without a doubt.
There good in ever way and awlsome teamates real leaders !
Both are also very team oriented and team mate friendly, good luck to both.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:IDK I meant to take out the part to where I said D-1 soccer is alot diffrent. The players in D-1 are more built bigger thus are alot more physical and I think that aspect of things would be a major disadvatnage to them but thats JMO. I could see them going to a school such as Carson Newman which IS D-1 double A. IMO it would be just as good to play for a school such as Univ. of the Cumerlands. overall Naia and NCAA are not to far apart just are alot diffrent in the types of players they recruit. Alot of that has to due with in NAIA there is no regulation on how many foreign players you are able to have on scholarship while in the NCAA there are many. But if they do go D-1 thats great and I will be happy for them I just think there style of play will benefit them more in the NAIA. But hey that JMO. :thumpsup:

I agree with you there. There style of play would better fit NAIA, but you never know about these things. Yea being bigger is always a huge advantage on the soccer field. There are pros that are just used for set pieces on corners (Peter Crouch, Liverpool).
frankie21 Wrote:I agree with you there. There style of play would better fit NAIA, but you never know about these things. Yea being bigger is always a huge advantage on the soccer field. There are pros that are just used for set pieces on corners (Peter Crouch, Liverpool).

HAHA yes yes even though he is so clumbsy lol. Liverpool is my fav. EPL team by the way.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:HAHA yes yes even though he is so clumbsy lol. Liverpool is my fav. EPL team by the way.

Well not trying to put down your team or nothing. He is like 6'8" or something like that isn't he? Personally my fav. is bayern.
frankie21 Wrote:Well not trying to put down your team or nothing. He is like 6'8" or something like that isn't he? Personally my fav. is bayern.
lol no I wasnt taking it liek that lol...yeah he is something like that...ahhh the Germans lol
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:lol no I wasnt taking it liek that lol...yeah he is something like that...ahhh the Germans lol

Podolski is the man.
there decent nothin great...def not d1 i dk who came up with that bologna but its kew dawg
frankie21 Wrote:Podolski is the man.

lol he is a great player I have to give you that...Not better than Stephen Gerrard though lol.

But to get back on topic Good Luck to both of these young men
These boys Do Not need to play NAIA, the way the coaches recruit is ridiculous, and neither would get any playing time at a decent school because of the way the system for soccer works.

I think that both of these players could do good in the NCAA, D-I or D-II. UK, who knows if they could make it there, UK is a top 25 team every other year, and there are A LOT of D-I soccer teams these kids could play at.

Both of these players are quick, could get faster, and strong off and on the ball. Being from EKY they both are used to the fast, minimal build opportunities up a lot of teams in the NCAA prefer, rather than a slower, possession based game the teams of the NAIA use.
soccerdrew12 Wrote:These boys Do Not need to play NAIA, the way the coaches recruit is ridiculous, and neither would get any playing time at a decent school because of the way the system for soccer works.

I think that both of these players could do good in the NCAA, D-I or D-II. UK, who knows if they could make it there, UK is a top 25 team every other year, and there are A LOT of D-I soccer teams these kids could play at.

Both of these players are quick, could get faster, and strong off and on the ball. Being from EKY they both are used to the fast, minimal build opportunities up a lot of teams in the NCAA prefer, rather than a slower, possession based game the teams of the NAIA use.

Nicely said sir. I would much rather both of them go NCAA.
yeah they definantly have the ability to make it at the college level
soccerdrew12 Wrote:These boys Do Not need to play NAIA, the way the coaches recruit is ridiculous, and neither would get any playing time at a decent school because of the way the system for soccer works.

I agree with some of that. However, me knowing your background not ALL NAIA programs recruit ridiculous. The situation you and I walked into out of high school was a bad one. However, you were the better player lol but it has made the two of us much better players. I could see JR. making it D-1 before Watts but that is JMO. Watts is a great player, I would like to see them both go to the same college. UK IMO would be a bad fit. IMO they need to look at schools such as Carson Newman.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I agree with some of that. However, me knowing your background not ALL NAIA programs recruit ridiculous. The situation you and I walked into out of high school was a bad one. However, you were the better player lol but it has made the two of us much better players. I could see JR. making it D-1 before Watts but that is JMO. Watts is a great player, I would like to see them both go to the same college. UK IMO would be a bad fit. IMO they need to look at schools such as Carson Newman.

They call these teams Georgetown, St. Cats, and Pikeville...
soccerdrew12 Wrote:They call these teams Georgetown, St. Cats, and Pikeville...

lol and your telling me that Azusa Pacific is with the likes of UC and Lindsey? Because when your talking about recruiting ridicuosly I know your talking about so many foriegne players being recruited. By the way Azusa Pacific only has 2 foreign players on their team. Now granted they are in Cali but just by what the mid south has we can not speak for the entire NAIA.

I really think we beat to much on kids going D-1 but thats JMO.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:lol and your telling me that Azusa Pacific is with the likes of UC and Lindsey? Because when your talking about recruiting ridicuosly I know your talking about so many foriegne players being recruited. By the way Azusa Pacific only has 2 foreign players on their team. Now granted they are in Cali but just by what the mid south has we can not speak for the entire NAIA.

I really think we beat to much on kids going D-1 but thats JMO.

Yea but what about the majority. The majority of NAIA that don't go foreign end up like Pikeville.
frankie21 Wrote:Yea but what about the majority. The majority of NAIA that don't go foreign end up like Pikeville.

im just going to leave this for what it is. Chances are neither one is going to go professional so they need to look at education b-4 soccer.
history in da makin1 Wrote:there decent nothin great...def not d1 i dk who came up with that bologna but its kew dawg

DECENT!!! :wtf1: I'm shocked! They are wayyyyyy better than decent. And they can be on a d-1 team.
history in da makin1 Wrote:there decent nothin great...def not d1 i dk who came up with that bologna but its kew dawg

Well you obviously dont know anything about soccer.