Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida 63 - Kentucky 5
alfus21 Wrote:On to next week for me. Still lot of football to be played, and I'm not going to give up because Florida destroyed us today. They just beat LSU 51-21 two weeks ago. They're a heck of a team. A win next week and we're bowl eligible.

As long as the change is made at QB and we're healthy from here on out, two more wins is very possible.

I am glad you finally agree with me that Cobb should be QB
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Was talking to a UK booster just the other day and he informed me that the Music CIty bowl has already been showing intrest and has made the comment to the boosters that as long as UK becomes eligable they WILL get an invite from the MCB. Also intrest is showing that the MCB is wanting to make a verbal agreement with the University of Kentucky that EVERY year they become eligable for a bowl game unless eligable for a BCS game that they are wanting to invite Kentucky to the MCB. Just thought I would throw that out there.

I see why the MSB wants Ky because we fill their stadium but KY will never agree to only go there unless they get a BCS game. If we can get a Capital One Bowl or an Outback Bowl we will take that above the MCB
im sorry but Tim Tebow is beast and is goin to back on top of the Heisman Rating soon look-out!
Regardless of the debacle that was Saturday, I still think UK can win the Vandy and Miss. State games and potentially upset Tennessee IF:

1) They can get healthy(er)
2) They take care of the special teams miscues (ridiculous)
3) They go with Cobb at QB the rest of the way

They can control two of the three.
Tubby Hater Wrote:I see why the MSB wants Ky because we fill their stadium but KY will never agree to only go there unless they get a BCS game. If we can get a Capital One Bowl or an Outback Bowl we will take that above the MCB

well I agree with you, but I was just stating.:thumpsup:
I have to finally agree that Cobb has to be our man at QB. For the longest time I disagreed with this because Hartline had to have a man to go to and Cobb is obviously that go to guy, but at this point even that option is not working and something different has to be done. The fact of the matter is, the only thing Hartline is capable of doing are those short quick hit passes which get us nothing but a yard or two. He can not scramble and with our running game not being effective, we have to find something that may work. Cobb has proved that he can find receivers down field and even if they are covered up he has the option of running himself. Either pass or run he is going to get us more than a few yards per down and will make the defense have to pay more attention to what he is going to do, rather than just keying in on one or two receivers.
Is it just me or is Kentucky the weakest team in the sec's Eastern Conference. They barely beat Arkansas an just got embarrassed by Florida.
Well since UK beat Ark, wouldn't that put Arkansas as the weakest team?
BelfryPride Wrote:I'm speechless...

I just don't honestly see us winning another game. I thought this would be the year we finally beat Tennessee...but I really don't see that happening.

IMO, Kentucky ends the season 5-5

I'll gladly eat crow if they win another game...I just don't see it they way they laid down today. The fire is gone...the intensity is gone...The passion is gone. Folks , just face it, as much I love UK...we're just not a football school.

First off, let me remind you that this is only one game, and a game that no one expected us to have a chance at. It doesn't matter if they got beat by 58 points, or if they lost on a last-second field goal, the record still reads 5-3. And they still just need one more win for bowl-eligibility.

Secondly, the team can't end the season 5-5, they play 12 games. So they could finish anywhere from 9-3 (not gonna happen) down to 5-7 (hopefully won't happen). Will probably end up somewhere in between.

Finally, I agree that the intensity wasn't there on Saturday, but can you blame them? They were down 14-0 almost as soon as they came out of the locker room, and with most of the defense banged up I'm not surprised they had a let down. In my opinion special teams was the main culprit, and Steve Ortmayer needs to be held accountable.

RavenBoy Wrote:Well were not going to a bowl unless we win 7 games and I dont see that.

Actually, that's not the case at all. On the contrary, if UK finishes at 6-6 they are almost guaranteed a bowl game. Why? Well, the SEC has spots for 9 bowl teams already secured. If the league gets two teams into the BCS series (which should almost assuredly happen), that makes 10 spots. So the only way a 6-6 team from the SEC gets left out is if 11 teams finish with at least 6 wins, which won't happen. If anything, the SEC will struggle to fill all 10 spots. So rest assured, if UK gets one more win, they ARE going bowling.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK travels well. There are so many bowls, from the Panty Hose Bowl to the Sugarfree Bowl. Teams with questionable quality get invited to bowls.
Music City once again.....
BAMA#1 Wrote:Is it just me or is Kentucky the weakest team in the sec's Eastern Conference. They barely beat Arkansas an just got embarrassed by Florida.

And Alabama is just beating the **** out of every team they play right?
NO!!!!:mad:
Florida always beat UK at the swamp like this.