Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the top 8th grade boys teams in the state?
List the teams you think can make a run at the middle school state championship.
Martin Co. returns a lot of starters from last years team i think, they should be pretty good.
1. Scott Co.
2. Christian Co.
3. Knox Co.
4. Wayne Co.
5. South Laurel
6. Russell Co.
7. Lincoln Co.
8. Hazard
9. Mayfield
10. Madison Middle

Johnson Central is also close, JC's 7th grade is the best in the state.
HaHa...Yall make me laugh! Rosspoint is good! If they aint the best they are at least in the top 5.
Where is rosspoint?
Betsy Layne has a pretty good team this year. Watch out for the BOBCATS
Dylan Hamilton is one of the best in the state.
Are there any 8th graders in the State of Kentucky playing Varsity high school basketball in the State of Kentucky? I know of one and he plays at Shelby County high school... Just anyone's thoughts about an 8th grader playing at that level
NEXT Wrote:1. Scott Co.
2. Christian Co.
3. Knox Co.
4. Wayne Co.
5. South Laurel
6. Russell Co.
7. Lincoln Co.
8. Hazard
9. Mayfield
10. Madison Middle

Johnson Central is also close, JC's 7th grade is the best in the state.

Sebastian Middle School Beat South Laurel up at the Knott County Sports Plex Thanksgiving weekend and I think they won the whole tournament.
Bobcat14 Wrote:Sebastian Middle School Beat South Laurel up at the Knott County Sports Plex Thanksgiving weekend and I think they won the whole tournament.

South Laurel defeated Sebastian on Saturday pretty easy and then Sebastian beat South Laurel on Sunday by 1. South Laurel only had 6 players Sunday and one of their folks told me they were missing a couple of key players that had prior family and church arrangements. I wasnt there on Sat. to actually know what the score was but I was there Sunday.
Wesely is a great team
Navajo4life Wrote:Are there any 8th graders in the State of Kentucky playing Varsity high school basketball in the State of Kentucky? I know of one and he plays at Shelby County high school... Just anyone's thoughts about an 8th grader playing at that level

Russell has an 8th grader named Skaggs that is playing varsity, I think it is good for some kids to play up on varsity to challenge them a little more. players that play real AAU basketball at the division 1 national level need this to continue to improve, because middle school, freshman, or JV in the state as a whole hurts a kid by him or having to play down to the other players level around them.
Kyle Skaggs starts Varisty as an 8th grader, Austin Hunt also plays JV and is in the 8th grade. Kyle played Varsity as a 7th grader last year. So if you look at 8th graders in the state,,,Then Russell has a very good chance to do something. I know it may sound stupid for Russell to be known for basketball, but in a couple of years with whats coming up throu the ranks,,, Russell has a very good chance at some long post season play,, and yea if everyone stays...could have a run at state.

Russell has 3 kids come out for basketball in 7th grade that are over 6'2". They had 42 kids try out for 7th grade and can only keep 12 on the team. All of the kids that did not make it for the school team play Intrer-league play at 6th,7th and 8th grade.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Knox County Middle beat scott county in lexington and also beat sebastian. Knox and Christian are probably the two best with scott right there with them.
bballfan09 Wrote:Knox County Middle beat scott county in lexington and also beat sebastian. Knox and Christian are probably the two best with scott right there with them.

Knox co Middle has some very good basketball
players how many of them playing for the Middle
school will be going to KNOX CENTRAL HIGH
next year ?
I hear some will be going else where thats just
hear say .
Rosspoint is in Harlan County. Didn't Knox beat them in a close game?
mca
j.c. green Wrote:mca

IN THE STATE!?!?!? Im proud of MCA's play lately, they play hard as nails all game long. But theres some pretty good teams in the state my friend.

Mca has been playing well lately . But I dont even think they are the best team in their county:dontthink

Come on now they have got a lot better i here but not the best..
MCA is very talented but, I don't think there talented enough to be considered as one of the BEST in the state...But, they are very talented
Sebastien has been playin pretty good lately.
well the way its lookin is that besty layne team,ab combs,and sebastion teams are pretty good so i'd say very close by anyone of them
palmer Wrote:Rosspoint is in Harlan County. Didn't Knox beat them in a close game?

Knox and South Laurel both beat Rosspoint by a small margin -- 4 and 3 points. Rosspoint has a really good team that is loaded with talent.
Hazard could easily get hot, and win 8th grade championship.
8th grade teams that I think have the best chance to win KBA State.

Scott Co.
Lincoln Co
Christian Co
Mayfield
South Laurel

Sleepers that are a threat

Wayne Co
Knox Central
Hazard
Rosspoint
Lex Catholic
Clay Co
Whitley Co
Sebastian
Bobcat14 Wrote:Sebastian Middle School Beat South Laurel up at the Knott County Sports Plex Thanksgiving weekend and I think they won the whole tournament.
mason county has a soild player this year.Will griffith he can drive but shoot when open he can lead them pretty far i think
when he plays hard this team should be in top team
mason county should be in top ten
mountain_music Wrote:8th grade teams that I think have the best chance to win KBA State.

Scott Co.
Lincoln Co
Christian Co
Mayfield
South Laurel

Sleepers that are a threat

Wayne Co
Knox Central
Hazard
Rosspoint
Lex Catholic
Clay Co
Whitley Co
Sebastian

Guys Lexington Catholic 8th grade team as still not lost a single game in middle school ever. They played Ockerman( who had also not ever lost a game) last week end and beat them by 30 with a running clock. I think we are better than sleepers at this point. I'm sure Lex Cath will lose a few games this year(maybe not) but as of right now this group is 84-0 the last 2 years and 4-0 this year.
knighted Wrote:Guys Lexington Catholic 8th grade team as still not lost a single game in middle school ever. They played Ockerman( who had also not ever lost a game) last week end and beat them by 30 with a running clock. I think we are better than sleepers at this point. I'm sure Lex Cath will lose a few games this year(maybe not) but as of right now this group is 84-0 the last 2 years and 4-0 this year.

But they can't compete in the middle school state.