Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the most important ingredient for a successful squad?
Usually by the time anything gets to that point, the proper chain has been followed.. as I re-read that post I realized I had omitted that point and here's one other thought. Having a meeting with the coach by a parent is a nice place to begin, but not without a 3rd party present. Since the Principal is the high school cheer coaches immediate supervisor, any meeting llike this should include them. Then if satisfaction is not reached, the next step might have to be taken but for the most part, boe members will tell anyone they aren't allowed to get involved in personnel...(they will also tell you that parents showing up in numbers @ meeting is a surefire attention getter) the Superintendent can take care of many things, but to be perfectly blunt about things, kids just have a 4 year window of opportunity and sometimes coaches waste time, dreams, money, ability... and if parents are content to sit back and allow it to happen... then more power to them... it's just supposed to be about the kids and what's actually best for them. (and you are 100% correct about going to the Board being unprofessional and rude, but what school cares so little about their students that they allow issues to get to this point... I believe RY called it 2faced... by the time a situation gets to that point, all cards are usually on the table and faces are not what's being shown... LOL) I hope every cheer squad has the best coach their school system can hire. Cheer leading is a sport and just as we read about and understand the how folks feel about that... we see the importance of a school making the best hire for a football/basketball/baseball-softball coach for boys or girls... cheer has become just as important to its minions so why not invest in someone, who is good for the kids/school and avoid all this ugliness. 4 years isn't a lifetime, but it's a very important time of life.
Messages In This Thread
What's the most important ingredient for a successful squad? - by IISnakE - 01-15-2009, 10:34 AM