Poll: ???
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
56.00%
No
44.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be an assassination attempt on President/President-elect Obama?
In your opinion, do you think that Obama will be the target of an assassination attempt?

I have heard more people than I can count say that they think someone will try to kill Obama.

What do you think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Of course this site will overwhelmingly say yes, but I honestly don't think it will or can be done in America today.

Yes there will be "plans" to assassinate Obama, but he Secret Service and Security surrounding the President and leader of the World today is beyond what anybody could believe. No way in my opinion could anybody get a true shot or attempt on any President in today's World or every again for that matter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Im sure people will say it but they wont do it
Some people think that Kennedy was assassinated because the government allowed it/wanted it.

I agree with you, that if the Secret Service is working as they should, he would never be touched.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's obvious of hate in America towards him, on the news alone there have been several ploys to "rid" of him but was stopped. I wouldn't be surprised though if someone doesn't try it again, a lot of ignorant people out there. I hope not though for the sake of our country!
Attempt? yes. But I guess it depends on what you consider "attempt". I would classify it as plotting seriously and acting somewhat on it. For example purchasing weapons, etc...
alfus21 Wrote:Of course this site will overwhelmingly say yes, but I honestly don't think it will or can be done in America today.

Yes there will be "plans" to assassinate Obama, but he Secret Service and Security surrounding the President and leader of the World today is beyond what anybody could believe. No way in my opinion could anybody get a true shot or attempt on any President in today's World or every again for that matter.

I agree, Excatly what I was going to say.
Man this is a real smart thread?????
A thread on an open forum about, possible assassination of a President Elect.
And started by an Administrator. Sorry, but this isn't very bright.
Good way to have the CIA or SS knocking on your door....lol
OffTheHook Wrote:Man this is a real smart thread?????

It was just a question, and one that could spark decent discussion on how far the United States has come today in terms of protection, ignorance, hatred, etc.

As long as nobody is saying they are wanting to or willing to attempt such an attempt or support such an attempt I see nothing wrong with this discussion. Actually brings up a lot of good points about the state of our country today compared to that of the 1960's. Or for that matter the 1980's(Reagan assassination attempt)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:It was just a question, and one that could spark decent discussion on how far the United States has come today in terms of protection, ignorance, hatred, etc.

As long as nobody is saying they are wanting to or willing to attempt such an attempt or support such an attempt I see nothing wrong with this discussion. Actually brings up a lot of good points about the state of our country today compared to that of the 1960's. Or for that matter the 1980's(Reagan assassination attempt)

Thanks alfus.

No harm was meant in the creation of this thread and we are certainly not condoning any such action. But it was just a week or two ago that skinheads were plotting a mass murder and assassination.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's not "just a question". There is poll being done on it.
Less we forget that the Gov. does monitor sites like this and things like this will raise a red flag in the data bases. Just don't think it's right to discuss things like this. JMO
OffTheHook Wrote:It's not "just a question". There is poll being done on it.
Less we forget that the Gov. does monitor sites like this and things like this will raise a red flag in the data bases. Just don't think it's right to discuss things like this. JMO

Then please, feel free not to participate in such discussion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OffTheHook Wrote:It's not "just a question". There is poll being done on it.

The poll is an answer to the question. Again we're not condoning any action. It's just that I've heard from a lot of people before the election that "McCain will die in office or Obama will be assassinated."

Personally, I tend to agree with alfus, I think we've come leaps and bounds from where we were as far as protection goes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Then please, feel free not to participate in such discussion.

OH, don't worry. I won't.
I'm sure that their will be plots to do such a thing, but I don't believe that it will ever be done.
I picked no. I think there will be morons who plan it. However, they will not get past the planning stage. The one policy most libs hate, will probably be the one that keeps Obama alive. The Patriot Act. Hopefully noone gets to him because that would do way to much damage to this country.
I'm not voting because I don't even want to think of something like this happening. Let's pray that it doesn't.
OffTheHook Wrote:Man this is a real smart thread?????

I agree. Very bad taste.
Actually eevry forum I get on

ESPN's dozens of forums, many other HS football forums, political forums, all have threads like this one. Even world political forums.
lawrencefan Wrote:I agree. Very bad taste.

If you don't like it then stay out of here. It's as simple as that people.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beetle01 Wrote:Actually eevry forum I get on

ESPN's dozens of forums, many other HS football forums, political forums, all have threads like this one. Even world political forums.

Finally something we agree on. This very question is one that has been posed to me more times than I can remember. It has come up at work, on college campuses, on the radio, etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hasn't there been an attempt or at least a plot on just about every president and leader of every country for that matter? Why would this be any different? Or are we going to discuss it because of race? Weird thread. JMO
The Guru Wrote:Hasn't there been an attempt or at least a plot on just about every president and leader of every country for that matter? Why would this be any different? Or are we going to discuss it because of race? Weird thread. JMO

I don't know of any attempt on Clinton or Bush 43. Yes, maybe some crazy plotted it, but I am asking about actual attempts here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It is amazing the level on hypocrisy in this thread. Don't anyone act like you haven't had the thought pass through your mind. As much as we would all like to act innocent, race is a factor in that thought. We have come a long way, but we still aren't where we need to be. I think it is a justified thought. There are the radical racists out there, thus giving a higher chance of a plot of this being in the works. Yes, Obama isn't the only one to ever be plotted to kill, but it does deserve a thought.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I don't know of any attempt on Clinton or Bush 43. Yes, maybe some crazy plotted it, but I am asking about actual attempts here.
o
Wasn't there some crazy dude trying to shoot into the whitehouse on one of them a few years back? I know they said it was just in the hopes that the President was in the whitehouse but I guess that would qualify as an attempt. And didn't that Lewinsky chick try and "blow" up Clinton?
Smile Big Grin
Panther Thunder Wrote:It is amazing the level on hypocrisy in this thread. Don't anyone act like you haven't had the thought pass through your mind. As much as we would all like to act innocent, race is a factor in that thought. We have come a long way, but we still aren't where we need to be. I think it is a justified thought. There are the radical racists out there, thus giving a higher chance of a plot of this being in the works. Yes, Obama isn't the only one to ever be plotted to kill, but it does deserve a thought.
Dear God...I hope I am just misreading your post! :eek:
Wasn't the whitehouse a target on 911? Surely they didn't just want to tear up the rose garden.
The Guru Wrote:Dear God...I hope I am just misreading your post! :eek:
Yea, that was poor wording. I meant that the thought someone would plot it isn't a crazy thought. To be clear, I don't think anyone should kill Obama, I hope no one attempts it. :Thumbs:
Panther Thunder Wrote:Yea, that was poor wording. I meant that the thought someone would plot it isn't a crazy thought. To be clear, I don't think anyone should kill Obama, I hope no one attempts it. :Thumbs:
ROFLMAO!!! Stand down Secret Service!!!! False alarm! LOL
The Guru Wrote:And didn't that Lewinsky chick try and "blow" up Clinton?
Smile Big Grin

:lmao: