Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia 42 Kentucky 38
Panther Thunder Wrote:Did you miss the shellacking FU put on them. The gates are one of the youngest team in the nation.
Id say that person was just trying to raise some ****.
Here is a pic of Randall Cobb after the interception, all of the players had already left to the locker room and reporters say that Cobb sat on the bench for 2-3 minutes crying and shaking his head and as he walked off the field the remaining fans in the stadium gave him a standing ovation.
I was there in person for this game. This was a very tough loss for the Cats. Great atmosphere for this game. I was proud of the Cats for not giving up by being down 14-0 half way through the 1st quarter. They could have very easily quick and got blown out but they fought back and played a good game. I thought that Cobb played very well along with Conner as he ran the ball very good. I was really impressed with our running game today as they showed up and had a really good day. Lets have a good week of practice and win vs Vandy on Senior Night.
I was also there for this one. At first I thought this was going to be a game I was going to leave early but the Cats fought hard.

The Cats are going to have to get there offense and defense together at some point. There defense is great this year, and there offense is still a year away. The majority of the defense is seniors so next year they'll have an offense but only a developing defense.
Polo2277 Wrote:I was also there for this one. At first I thought this was going to be a game I was going to leave early but the Cats fought hard.

The Cats are going to have to get there offense and defense together at some point. There defense is great this year, and there offense is still a year away. The majority of the defense is seniors so next year they'll have an offense but only a developing defense.

Offense was fine yesterday with the exception of the last play. 38 points? Defense wasn't so great yesterday. Stafford lit them up on the same plays all day long. And nobody was even trying to tackle Moreno or so it seemed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have a problem with the celebration penalty on Cobb. I know some people cross the line, but they have just about taken all the fun out of the game. That penalty put the Cats kicking off from the 15, and UGA got a short field, and scored on that drive. I know players can't taunt, but let them have a little fun.
The biggest thing to me in this game was the loss of two players for UK. Lindley was a terrible loss in the secondary. Playing as much press coverage as UK normally does he has to be on the field.

The other was Alphonso Smith. To me he is by far UKs best option at RB. His burst picked up yards that the other Kentucky backs could not. After he went down the running game was not nearly as effective.
I think that Randall Cobb had a great game and deserved a standing ovation. Turnovers is just part of the game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Here is a pic of Randall Cobb after the interception, all of the players had already left to the locker room and reporters say that Cobb sat on the bench for 2-3 minutes crying and shaking his head and as he walked off the field the remaining fans in the stadium gave him a standing ovation.
Thats why this guy is our leader. Thats why the offense is better with him in the game. I dont think you wouldve seen Hartline this upset. He wouldve just blamed every one else and walked out with a smile on his face. I hated to see the game end that way for him. But, the upside is judging by the look on his face he will learn from this and get better from it. No doubt about it the kid will be on mission from here on out IMO.
Randall Cobb is the most impressive Freshman at UK that I have seen in a while. The kid kept us in the game so no one should even complain about that interception at the end of the game. His size was a big factor in that. That defensive lineman got high and got that ball. Keep you heads up cats.
Shady Grady Wrote:I have a problem with the celebration penalty on Cobb. I know some people cross the line, but they have just about taken all the fun out of the game. That penalty put the Cats kicking off from the 15, and UGA got a short field, and scored on that drive. I know players can't taunt, but let them have a little fun.

Yes it does seem like that but I really don't have a problem with that particular penalty. He started taunting before he got into the endzone, so I think the official made the right call on that one.

The ones that upset me are when they have already scored and they are celebrating it. Penalties for celebrations AFTER touchdowns are stupid IMO
colts12 Wrote:I thought the Cats played a great game. If Lindley was in there at the end, Georgia wouldn't have got all those big pass plays which is what cost us.

I agree, I believe the loss of Lindley is what lost the game for us. At least I would've felt better about him being able to run down Massaquoi on that 78-yard reception at the end of the game.

People criticizing David Jones should just accept that he is what he is, a decent #2 corner. When Lindley goes down and he is suddenly the #1 guy, things get ugly. When he can be the #2 man and have safety help, he is perfectly adequate. Rather than piling on Jones, everyone would be better served hoping that Lindley's injury is not serious and he is back ready to go this weekend.

As for the game, the offense had Georgia off-balance all day, and it was there for the taking, but some curious play-calling by Joker kept the Cats from scoring even more. That pass play he called on 3rd-and-short on the very first drive? No idea why he did that. And calling the screen pass at the main end made no sense. We had plenty of time to run 3-4 running plays, which had been our bread and butter all day. If we run that option play with Cobb down near the goal line, I feel confident that we punch in the TD.

Oh well. Good game, and let's hope the offensive explosion was not a one-week wonder.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I agree, I believe the loss of Lindley is what lost the game for us. At least I would've felt better about him being able to run down Massaquoi on that 78-yard reception at the end of the game.

People criticizing David Jones should just accept that he is what he is, a decent #2 corner. When Lindley goes down and he is suddenly the #1 guy, things get ugly. When he can be the #2 man and have safety help, he is perfectly adequate. Rather than piling on Jones, everyone would be better served hoping that Lindley's injury is not serious and he is back ready to go this weekend.

As for the game, the offense had Georgia off-balance all day, and it was there for the taking, but some curious play-calling by Joker kept the Cats from scoring even more. That pass play he called on 3rd-and-short on the very first drive? No idea why he did that. And calling the screen pass at the main end made no sense. We had plenty of time to run 3-4 running plays, which had been our bread and butter all day. If we run that option play with Cobb down near the goal line, I feel confident that we punch in the TD.

Oh well. Good game, and let's hope the offensive explosion was not a one-week wonder.

I think you are right. Jones is not supposed to bethe man, yet he has faced a lot of pressure this year being opposite Lindley. For the most part he has played good. The whole defense has to play better. Hey coach Brown, how about a blitz? If you are gonna get beat through the air, at least take a chance on getting some real pressure on the QB.
bucslover68 Wrote:Hey coach Brown, how about a blitz? If you are gonna get beat through the air, at least take a chance on getting some real pressure on the QB.
Exactly. If you give Matthew Stafford time, he will pick you apart all day, no matter who the corners are.
If I am not mistaken, the opening drive had us 3rd and 1, and we passed the ball. Do you guys think that was the right call to pass on 3rd and "1"?
cougarpride08 Wrote:If I am not mistaken, the opening drive had us 3rd and 1, and we passed the ball. Do you guys think that was the right call to pass on 3rd and "1"?

Not when if you watched UGA play this year you would know THEY CAN NOT DEFEND THE RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's what I thought. How will lyndley be? Will he be at least 90%.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Here is a pic of Randall Cobb after the interception, all of the players had already left to the locker room and reporters say that Cobb sat on the bench for 2-3 minutes crying and shaking his head and as he walked off the field the remaining fans in the stadium gave him a standing ovation.

thats heart right there man. he wanted that game badly. just wish he coulda won the game. they didnt loose it they just ran outta time. keep your heads up cats and cobb we need you guys!!!
cougarpride08 Wrote:If I am not mistaken, the opening drive had us 3rd and 1, and we passed the ball. Do you guys think that was the right call to pass on 3rd and "1"?
In footbal deception is the key. They gambled and lost. Why not they were expecting the run for the first and had 4th down left to run. The momentum for the run was there.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
FBALL Wrote:I'll do the complaining.

No the screen pass was not a bad call. The decision to throw was a bad decision.

The defense that has been solid most of the year was horrible and got much worse when Lindley went out in the third quarter. I agree David Jones is terrible in coverage.

While I'll agree Cobb gives the offense the best chance because of his running ability. Half of the state would have been ready to string Hartline up if he had thrown that stupid of an interception.

Throwing down the field. Cobb is short and not very good in the pocket. But the seam route to Grinter would have been open all day the way UK had Georgia spread out to defend the cornors. I think on the last drive I may have gone back to that after the first completion to Grinter. That or gone back to Conor at FB in the I formation that was very effective earlier in the game. Then run playaction off of that.

Well thats enough rambling. It was a good game and you can't fault the effort.
The defense had a rough day. especially when Lindley went out and a true freshman had to come in. Jones is a bit undersized for a corner. And like you said, he's not very good in coverage.

The decision to throw the ball on the screen play, IMO, comes from inexperience. Cobb is a true freshman, and being in that kind of atmosphere against a traditional SEC power in Georgia, he wanted to make a play out of nothing. Dixon was covered by three defenders, and he just made a bad decision and threw an interception. But you can't fault the kid on one play. Without him, UK is not even in that game with under 1:00 left.

I also agree that Cobb is short and cannot throw down the field very well because of his size. but Joker rarely has him passing inside the pocket. On several occassions, Cobb rolled outside of the pocket on a throw/run option, and moving outside the pocket allows him to see the field better. I think Joker really does a good job of having him move around outside the pocket.

BUT...I don't think Cobb is our QB of the future. He's doing great now, and I do believe he should deserve a shot next season when camp opens. But IMO, he's best at WR, and with Newton and Mossakowski coming in next year, and Boyd, Roark, McCaskill, Adeyemi, and Cobb at WR, along with Grinter and Drake at TE, not to mention several underclassmen getting some valuable experience on the O-Line, this offense could be scary next season and for seasons to come.
alfus21 Wrote:Offense was fine yesterday with the exception of the last play. 38 points? Defense wasn't so great yesterday. Stafford lit them up on the same plays all day long. And nobody was even trying to tackle Moreno or so it seemed.

They were trying, they just couldn't.