Andrew Newsome 5 points
J. Johnson 5 points
Chandler Rowe 3 points
Owen Caudill 2 points
Prater 2 points
T. Tackett 2 points
Evan Tackett 2 points

2nd Game
Hazard 7th defeated Millard--Very exciting and fast paced game.

3rd Game
Magoffin defeated Virgie

4th Game
Dorton 38
Millard 35

For Dorton:

Jordan Adkins 11 points
Cody Belter 9 points, 11 rebounds, 13 blocks
Estil Bentley 8 points
Cody Lawson 4 points, 5 rebounds
Zack Cantrell 4 points
Jesse Lucas 2 points

For Millard:

Oliver 12 points
Johnson 9 points
Lawson 6 points
Maynard 4 points
Shortridge 2 points
Childers 2 points

Pool 1 Results from Tonight
Magoffin 1-0
Virgie 1-1
Dorton 7th 0-1

Pool 2 Results from Tonight
Dorton 8th 1-0
Hazard 7th 1-0
Millard 0-2

Tomorrow's games
6:00 Hazard 7th vs Dorton 8th
7:00 Magoffin 8th vs Dorton 7th
8:00 Winner of Pool 1 vs Winner of Pool 2
9:00 2nd place Pool 1 vs 2nd place Pool 2
It was a good night of basketball. Hats off to Dorton in the last game. They outscored us 10-0 in the fourth quarter. They deserved the victory. Tough night for Millard had a very good chance of winning both games and don't come away with either.
Great atmosphere, great sportsmanship.

Millard: I must say, I was very impressed with Millard's play and althleticism; if that group keeps improving, they will make some noise in the county. The point guard is very impressive, as well as #30; he is all over the floor with his speed.

Virgie: They have so many quick players who are interchangable; but #34 is so althletic; he will lead them far this year. The thing I like about him, is he can play offense (he has a great handle), but he doesn't quit or slow down on defense. When you see a player with that much energy on defense, you know he is a special player.

Dorton: They are young and raw; but they hustle and have alot of energy on the floor. They still are very young, but they honestly impressed me tonight; they will surprise some teams this year (they surprised me last night).
cslone Wrote:It was a good night of basketball. Hats off to Dorton in the last game. They outscored us 10-0 in the fourth quarter. They deserved the victory. Tough night for Millard had a very good chance of winning both games and don't come away with either.

Millard was impressive last night. They have some good athletes. I thought their boys did well in the last game, having already played a fast paced game against Hazard. They will have a good year.
Hondo Wrote:Great atmosphere, great sportsmanship.

Millard: I must say, I was very impressed with Millard's play and althleticism; if that group keeps improving, they will make some noise in the county. The point guard is very impressive, as well as #30; he is all over the floor with his speed.

Virgie: They have so many quick players who are interchangable; but #34 is so althletic; he will lead them far this year. The thing I like about him, is he can play offense (he has a great handle), but he doesn't quit or slow down on defense. When you see a player with that much energy on defense, you know he is a special player.

Dorton: They are young and raw; but they hustle and have alot of energy on the floor. They still are very young, but they honestly impressed me tonight; they will surprise some teams this year (they surprised me last night).

I thought the atmosphere was unreal for an early season game. That is why I love small gyms.

Dalton Richardson will be a superstar one day if he continues to work that hard. His jumpshot is something that you don't see often at this age. He never quits. I really like the style that Virgie is playing.

I was pleased with how well our boys played last night. We had a lot of turnovers, but they played extremely hard and came up with a lot of loose balls. Cody Belter erases a lot of mistakes on defense as well with his shot blocking ability.
I must say that I saw some very good teams last night. Hazard don't know the meaning of QUIT. They hustled from opening tip, til the final buzzer, and they are a very competitive team.

Virgie looked very sharp, they are fast and athletic, and they looked very tough and competitive. They will be a good contender in the county this year.

Dorton has a young, but very competitive, and agressive team. These boys came out ready to play and win the game, and they pulled it off. The big boy in the middle has a big intimidation factor on the opposite team. Our boys worried so much about him that Dortons other players were getting open shots from all over the floor.

Then we have my boys, Millard. We played tough, real tough. i thought the boys looked good on the court. We were quick, but a little sloppy with the ball. I definitely saw some things we need to work on. My boys were down last night after losing two tough games, but it's early and we still have a long way to go. I have a big, athletic team, and I think we should have a great season.

Hats off to Randy and Dorton for hosting a great tournament. Everything ran smoothly, and it was a GREAT atmosphere in that gym last night.
We are a pretty athletic team. We can become a very good team by the end of the year if we work hard and improve. Our point guard, Travis Lawson played well especially in the second half of the Hazard game. He ended up with 19 points in that game. He can become one of the better point guards in the county.

#30, Kyle Oliver played pretty well in the first game. He had 26 points against Hazard. His game still has alot of room for improvement, but I think he'll get there.

Our kids looked a little tired toward the end of the Hazard game. They really looked winded at the end of the Dorton game. We're still rounding in to shape.

All in all it was a great night of basketball. It was extremely loud for some of the earlier games. Good luck to all the teams tonight.

Hondo Wrote:Great atmosphere, great sportsmanship.