Poll: What type of gun laws do you support?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Full access to all weapons, but registered.
69.23%
Full access with no registration.
7.69%
Ban all guns except for military and police use.
7.69%
Ban all assault weapons.
15.38%
Ban handguns and assault weapons, leave hunting rifles.
0%
Ban all weapons but home defense styled weapons.
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun Control
What's everyone's feelings on this subject?

I will let some people post their responses before I put my 2 cents in.

(This poll will be public)
I really don't think that the way we are going about gun control is being effective in getting guns out of the hands of the people that are using them for criminal act. I think we need stiffer penalties for illegal gun sales and for people buying guns for those who cannot buy them legally. Guns don't kill people, morons that have issues kill people.
The most important reason for guns is not for hunting, or home defense but for an armed citizenry to be able to resist a tyrannical government.
lawrencefan Wrote:The most important reason for guns is not for hunting, or home defense but for an armed citizenry to be able to resist a tyrannical government.

I agree 100%. The others are important also though.

I understand some concerns in major metropolitan areas, with people having unfettered access to assualt type weapons. I would actually be for a civilian controlled and ran citizen armory. Where people in the community could raise money for weapons purchase, a shooting range, and gun safety teaching. This would house assualt weapons and munitions. Guns would be checked out for use on the grounds only. This way if in case of some form of need for them, the govvt would not be able to stop the access to them for the citizens.
OMG you people are nuts! We don't need a militia and we don't need anything like what you're talking about.

Just let me buy my guns and I'll take care of my business. You take care of your business and stay outta mine and everything will be just fine.
Ghandi brought revolution without use of violence. I think tough registration, tough waiting periods, and better use of information data bases woud be helpful. I don't want the hunter's guns, the enthusiasts guns. I do want to do everything possible and reasonable to keep guns out of the hands of felons and would be felons, angry ex- husbands and boyfriends, etc. I would think this would be the majority opinion in the US. Don't know though.
Point to ponder: given that in the ot, the whole "eye for an eye" thing was meant as a control on "get even" behavior... one couldn't get poked in the eye,so to speak, then take take someone's life in response... if a man shoots and kills another man as that man tries to steal his lawnmower and weed eater in an out building, is that a crime? Sometimes, over reliance on guns for protection creates tragic situations.
I agree cave, however you can't punish the masses or try to restrict rights based on the actions of a few idiots. Too often in this country we punish everyone as a whole for the actions of a few. This seems to happen quite often in our public education system.
Beetle01 Wrote:I agree cave, however you can't punish the masses or try to restrict rights based on the actions of a few idiots. Too often in this country we punish everyone as a whole for the actions of a few. This seems to happen quite often in our public education system.

Agreed... but it "ain't" easy to run a classroom with thirty hormone pulsing teens in it. "Who threw that? Who's got the big diapers?" Not a hand raised... "OK... all of you take out a piece of paper and write, "I've got big diapers" one hundred times.
thecavemaster Wrote:Agreed... but it "ain't" easy to run a classroom with thirty hormone pulsing teens in it. "Who threw that? Who's got the big diapers?" Not a hand raised... "OK... all of you take out a piece of paper and write, "I've got big diapers" one hundred times.

I agree, I was a hellion myself in school. Its not easy. However that is not a good example, as losing your senior trip because 2 guys rolled the Georgetown Toyota plants bathroom when we were in 7th grade.
Beetle01 Wrote:I agree, I was a hellion myself in school. Its not easy. However that is not a good example, as losing your senior trip because 2 guys rolled the Georgetown Toyota plants bathroom when we were in 7th grade.

True, true... Man, it was fun though, wasn't it?
If gun control comes to my house as in the ATF, they better have a bigger gun to get mine.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:If gun control comes to my house as in the ATF, they better have a bigger gun to get mine.
Same here JGrubby! However, I don't think anyone is gonna "Get Our Guns".

Its just the NRA trying to scare everyone so they'll join the NRA and buy more guns for their buddies at Winchester, Remington, Browning etc.
jgrubby Wrote:If gun control comes to my house as in the ATF, they better have a bigger gun to get mine.

They do. Unless you have something to stop tanks.