Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County girls record...i have a question????
Ok i have a question..see if anyone can give me a good answer....They have been undefeated for two years now and they were ranked #1 in the bluegrass conference but they lost the first game in the tournament....can you still consider them undefeated at least for the season? or how does this actually work? Their record i know now is 38-1 but the reason i am asking is because they have a pic hanging in their gym where they was undefeated as 6th graders would it be wrong to get them a pic for their 7th grade year since they lost that tournament game?
Hang that picture with that incredible record of 38-1 and be proud of it! :Thumbs:
Hmm. Not sure on this. They would have to explain it on the picture wouldn't they?
if they were so good why didnt they play in middle school state tournament

who have they played to have such a good record?? no body with experiece looks like it
they didn't play in the state tournament because their coach wouldn't sign them up for it. I printed her off the form and everything but she came up with some excuse not to put them in it..and by the way they are so good that they are now playing over at the high school on the jv and varsity team as 7th graders.......they just played their regular conference teams and there was a couple of games that where close.....you will see these girls in the long run at a state championship in bowling green...
oldfoggie13 Wrote:if they were so good why didnt they play in middle school state tournament

who have they played to have such a good record?? no body with experiece looks like it
i seen Powell and Martin Co. play ,Martin cannot stay within 10 points of them
Martin County Had 3 7th Graders To Get Lots Of Varsity Time Last Year

This Year Probably 2 Of Those 8th Graders Now Will Start...

Should Of Contacted Martin County For Some Competition
During The Middle School Season.. They Have A 2 Year Record These Kids Do Of 64-5
Martin County Had 4 Kids Last Year That Played Freshman Jv And Varisty All Last Year

Their Freshman Record As 7th Graders Were 13-3 Over Freshman
And Their Jv Record As 7th Graders With Some 8th Graders Were 18-2

There Now Mountain Kids Are Good Too...
I wouldn't think that losing a conference game would count against them..but IDK.. I wonder if just the regular season games counts. I hope that you find your answer.
Martin County's record seems really good but I would really love to see them meet this Powell County 7th grade team.
Why in the heck didn't the powell county coach lets these girls play in the state tournament? They are 7th graders but they could have played against the 8th graders just for the experience.
Will powell ever have a middle school coach that cares.. apparently not.
me too

martin county was one point away last year as 7th graders competing against a good 8 th grade lincoln lost to them ..

as 8th graders martin county was the only team this year that gave lebanon a great game.in this years state tournament
.. martin was ahead at half time was only down by 5 with 3 minutes to go in 4th quarter.. lebanon blew everyone out this year except martin county.....
well first off, wat kind of name is for u, and second, yes they do hav a coach that cares, i guess, i rlly dont kno
learn to spell before you leave comments....
I know verity was I believe like 22-0 before the state tournament. They are now 24-1. I believe if you have a nice record like this then you should enter the state tournament just so you can see some really good teams and see actually how good you are.
What kind of name is stella69? Apparently powell middle doesn't have a coach that cares or else she would get these girls out there and play a good team like Martin County.. Apparently you don't know what you are talking about.
oldfoggie13 Wrote:me too

martin county was one point away last year as 7th graders competing against a good 8 th grade lincoln lost to them ..

as 8th graders martin county was the only team this year that gave lebanon a great game.in this years state tournament
.. martin was ahead at half time was only down by 5 with 3 minutes to go in 4th quarter.. lebanon blew everyone out this year except martin county.....

Actually that is just incorrect. Lebanon played a very competitive game with wayne county on sunday (wayne lost by 8 or 9 i think, but the game was always close) and then Beat Lincolin county by 5 (and Lincolin had a lead with 2 minutes to go in the game).

Im not taking anything away from Martin, but Lebannon DIDN'T blow everybody out. There were a lot of teams there that could have and did play with them.
magicfan217 Wrote:Actually that is just incorrect. Lebanon played a very competitive game with wayne county on sunday (wayne lost by 8 or 9 i think, but the game was always close) and then Beat Lincolin county by 5 (and Lincolin had a lead with 2 minutes to go in the game).

Im not taking anything away from Martin, but Lebannon DIDN'T blow everybody out. There were a lot of teams there that could have and did play with them.
guess you were wrong old foggie seems to me you shoulda watched all the games so you could comment on them accurately :lmao:
oldfoggie13 Wrote:learn to spell before you leave comments....

its called text typing you re, welcome to the 21st century...BOOM!!! u jus got punked!!:mad:
For U Wrote:What kind of name is stella69? Apparently powell middle doesn't have a coach that cares or else she would get these girls out there and play a good team like Martin County.. Apparently you don't know what you are talking about.

at least it isnt h o m o like for u, keep it up and ill sick my punky on you
For U Wrote:What kind of name is stella69? Apparently powell middle doesn't have a coach that cares or else she would get these girls out there and play a good team like Martin County.. Apparently you don't know what you are talking about.

And yes i do believe that Powell counties coach cares about them i think they reason she didn't get them in the state tournament is because she lost 4 of her best players to the high school team. As soon as their season was over at the middle these four 7th graders went over to the high school to play and it wouldn't of done of any good to get into the tournament without those four anyway.....