Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
74.50%
Russell Red Devils
25.50%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
Who wins?
Belfry - 28
Russell - 14
After tonights performance its a toss up. Going to be a great game.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Belfry actually shows up this time!

Belfry 41
Russell 21
Russell 55

Belfry 0

just kiddingSmile Smile Smile

Russell 14

Belfry 8
if russel does win and sc wins were would they play at
Belfry 35
Russell 21
I believe that it will be close for a little while, but the BIG RED MACHINE takes over and puts it out of reach.

I'll take Belfry by 2+ touchdowns in this one... best of luck to both!
They would play at SC.:letsparty
russell by 2td's
belfry.. rather easily.. 48-20
if the pirates cant get going from the start for the red devils they cant get up for nobody,i say they come ready to play and win by a couple touchdowns...go pirates
Pirates!!!!!!
After tonights games i'm suprised there is no love for Russell.:confused: :confused:
There's some love. I seen one pick for Russell by 2 TD's. Just most of the fans are Belfry fans.
what did russell prove?belfry beat pc..
BelfryPirates Wrote:Belfry actually shows up this time!

Belfry 41
Russell 21

:thumpsup:
cuppett777 Wrote:what did russell prove?belfry beat pc..
I agree in a sense. But I also understand what he/she is saying, Belfry beat them also just not as an impressive of a fashion. At Least that's what I think the point was. I personally don't think it makes a difference. Belfry struggled tonight on defence in the first half and Russell was firing on all cylinders.
Just my .02 cents.
Wow! What a game for the second round! You usually don't expect this matchup till later, but here it is.

Seems like Russell righted the ship tonight, but I don't think they'll be able to beat the Pirates at the CAM. Belfry in a close one.

Incidentally, I would think this would be a strong contender for GOTW in next week's pick 'em.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Actually as far as Russell in first half against Central and Belfry, Belfry started the second half with a running clock. But you can't compare that.
Belfry proved last week they are a big game team and will come out ready as will Russell. But I think Belfry is better this year and gets a 35-13 victory.
Crossbones Wrote:I agree in a sense. But I also understand what he/she is saying, Belfry beat them also just not as an impressive of a fashion. At Least that's what I think the point was. I personally don't think it makes a difference. Belfry struggled tonight on defence in the first half and Russell was firing on all cylinders.
Just my .02 cents.

:confused:

Oct. 17 - Belfry 56, PC 7
Nov. 14 - Russell 41, PC 14

Don't see how Russell's win was more impressive.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote::confused:

I said I thought that was his point. Not mine.Big Grin
Doesn't anyone know how to sandbag anymore.Smile
Belfry - 34
Russell - 17
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This game will be won on the LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.

I think Russell will move the ball against Belfry and score some points but I think Belfry's offense will also be rather successful.

I like Belfry to hit some long runs and big plays at home and take a bit of wind out of Russell.

Belfry 34
Russell 20
More Cowbell Wrote::confused:

i think the original comment was more about Belfry not really dominating West Carter,, more than Russell's win over PC
Its hard to pick against belfry but i would like to see russell pull the upset

Who ever wins will win by 1 TD IMO.
Crossbones Wrote:I agree in a sense. But I also understand what he/she is saying, Belfry beat them also just not as an impressive of a fashion. At Least that's what I think the point was. I personally don't think it makes a difference. Belfry struggled tonight on defence in the first half and Russell was firing on all cylinders.
Just my .02 cents.

It was not a shock that the Pirates struggled at first. They were playing a subpar team after defeating a tough Johnson Central team last week. They were flat and yet still put up 48 points on the scoreboard.
Belfry 42
Russell 14
bluegrassLady Wrote:It was not a shock that the Pirates struggled at first. They were playing a subpar team after defeating a tough Johnson Central team last week. They were flat and yet still put up 48 points on the scoreboard.
Belfry 42
Russell 14
Not saying I disagree with you, but it was a shock that Belfry struggled in the fashion they did. The third quarter was the only solid quarter Belfry played. But the good news is I see it as a sign they were looking ahead and have no doubt in my mind that they will come out focused.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Not saying I disagree with you, but it was a shock that Belfry struggled in the fashion they did. The third quarter was the only solid quarter Belfry played. But the good news is I see it as a sign they were looking ahead and have no doubt in my mind that they will come out focused.

I was point guard for the Lady Pirates. We were ranked #1 in the state of Ky. After playing a big game, we had to play one of the weaker schools in our distrcit. It was the most frustrating game I have ever played and the memory sticks with me to this day. I had a feeling the Bucs would look bad tonight. I agree they might have been looking ahead. It is out of their system now. Doubt it will happen again...lmao
mrfootball03 Wrote:i think the original comment was more about Belfry not really dominating West Carter,, more than Russell's win over PC

Actually, the original comment that Crossbones was replying to was this one, from cuppett777...

cuppett777 Wrote:what did russell prove?belfry beat pc..

Crossbones then stated that Belfry beat them, but not as impressively. One would have to assume that the "them" he was speaking of was Pike Central, based on the context.

He has since said that it was not his intent to say Belfry's win over PC was not as impressive as Russell's, but that he was just being facetious. Which is fine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 1(current)
  • Next