Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
74.50%
Russell Red Devils
25.50%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 24(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
Lets Go Devils!
leaving here in about 4 and half hours!
Final Prediction:

Very close, hard hitting game in the first half. Belfry's run defense stymies Russell, but Devils get a couple big plays through the air. Belfry has success on ground, and continually are set-up in good field position thanks to their defense. Belfry scores a late TD to enter the Half up 14-10.

In the 2nd Half the Pirates slowly start wearing down the Devils starting with an opening drive that just milks clock and demoralizes Russell as they see the lead swell to 21-10. Russell becomes more reliant on the pass and Belfry's "Secondary with alot of holes" benefits from "the slow defensive linemen" who cause pressure and create a couple turnovers. Pirates ice it with a late score.

Belfry 28
Russell 10
Russell knows what has to be done to come out with a big win tonight & they have the horses to accomplish that goal.
charliez Wrote:Russell knows what has to be done to come out with a big win tonight & they have the horses to accomplish that goal.

The same can be said for the other side of the fence on this one...neither team is a stranger to playing close games on a big stage.
Belfry rocks the Red Devils 48-20!!!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I would say "tell him that in person", but truth be told Ivan is such a good kid he would laugh about it, make a joke himself,, and by the time its over he will have you rolling around laughing.
I hope so. It was a joke.
I would love to see Russell pull this one off tonight and get another shot at Mason County. They have a good shot at it if they come in focussed.

That would be a great early christmas for all of us at AK.
figured i'd get one last post in before the game tonight. I know that Russell is the under dog in this game to most, but I don't see it that way. I look at a Russell team who is peeking and a great time and might be playing their best football right now. which is a heck of a time to do so. they've started to play like pitbulls again and their back is against the wall, thats the last thing you want to do to a pit bull is corner it...i still say Russell by a field goal, possibly more...go get em' devils make the Ashland Area proud
Good luck to both teams....
Let's pray that no-one gets hurt.....

and BELFRY WINS!!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
FBALL Wrote:I hope so. It was a joke.
Was it?Wink
Bring it home Devils!
Go Pirates!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DevilsWin Wrote:Was it?Wink

Everything you have said this week is a joke...Big Grin
phs1986 Wrote:Good luck to both teams....
Let's pray that no-one gets hurt.....

and BELFRY WINS!!!!

I second that!!
Since I am on a 21 day streak at work and i can not be there tonight or was I there last Friday,,, I am cheering for my Devils.. It will be a close game and I hope that the DEVILS pull this one off,,,,,,, I will be listening to the radio AGAIN.........

And FBALL, ,we are all praying for you guys at AK..... That about the most disheartening news around here... I am praying that all of you will return soon.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Belfry0304 Wrote:What's Abrams first name? lol
"Dr. " You get to see him operate tonight!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Since I am on a 21 day streak at work and i can not be there tonight or was I there last Friday,,, I am cheering for my Devils.. It will be a close game and I hope that the DEVILS pull this one off,,,,,,, I will be listening to the radio AGAIN.........

And FBALL, ,we are all praying for you guys at AK..... That about the most disheartening news around here... I am praying that all of you will return soon.

I second that for FBALL, and all the people at AK, I heard about that on the news, its a terrible time right now and I for one hope they return soon as well!
Belfry_99 Wrote:I second that for FBALL, and all the people at AK, I heard about that on the news, its a terrible time right now and I for one hope they return soon as well!
I second that too FBall. I hate to see that happen anytime but especially now around the holidays. We'll keep you guys in our prayers
35 minutes and counting. Make us proud Pirates!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
I also hope the guys and gals at AK get back to work.
Good luck to both teams hope the devils bring it home.

and I pray that you all at AK get back to work soon.
  •  Previous
  • 24(current)