•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same Sex Marriage and Views on Gays
crazytaxidriver Wrote:[quote=thecavemaster]

I would have to disagree with you on your last sentence. But not because of abuse or lack of discipline or something like that. But due to the fact that the world is still mixed up on the subject on it being right or wrong. Now you are suggesting that you take a child out of foster care and let him be adopted by two people who are fighting for the right to be able to walk down the street without being ridiculed? That doesn't make any sense. I'm not saying they couldn't be good parents but taking a child out of a bad situation and putting it into one that isn't exactly great isn't a good idea

Thus, by your reasoning, a mixed race couple should not be able to adopt in many places, as they might be ridiculed. "Nerds" are out as well. Men with huge noses who marry women with big ears. I think your "test" of ridicule makes no sense.
cheerdad Wrote:For the person who used the word "abomination" you REALLY need to know what you are talking about here. This word comes from the Old Testament and there's a whole list of other things that you are not suppose to do....eat shrimp, eat meat from animals with clovend hooves, eat vegetables grown in the same soil, wear clothes of mixed fabrics, and this list goes on and on and on and on.....thus lies the problem with organized religion, they pick and choose a certain verse, certain word to use at their own descretion instead of taking the whole context of the meaning of the complete Word.

Just as back in the days of slavery, "Christians" used the Bible to say that owning slaves was OK and actually a good thing, but do we believe that today? NO!!!

I am a Christian, and I have studied the Bible in the original Greek and Hebrew and when the Bible was translated back 2000 years ago, the translation really strayed away from the original text....also....did you know that King James, the person who had the Bible translated into English was gay??? Bet you didn't know that, huh?

So, let's not go on a bashing spree here, please, because that is not what the Bible is about...Jesus is about love, loving one another and don't think that you can say "love the person but hate the sin"...that don't cut it either, that's a cop-out!
What did the Apostle Paul say about homosexuality in the first chapter of Romans in the NEW testament. Dont take my word for it everyone read it for yourselves.
If Homosexuality was ok with GOD then men could get other men pregnant and that doesnt happen. I live my life for GOD and if some feel condemned for what Christians believe then whos problem is that?
This thread is a joke....All thats going on here is a back and fourth argument that noone is going to win..Noone is going to change anyones elses mind..Some belive its right some belive its wrong...But it is not NONE of anyones buisness what others do in there home. Maybe everyone should be worried more about their self and and not what their neighbor is doing or anyone else for that matter!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:What did the Apostle Paul say about homosexuality in the first chapter of Romans in the NEW testament. Dont take my word for it everyone read it for yourselves.

HAIL PIKEVILLE...you are about 285 posts too late...Romans 1 has already been discussed and while you are reading and studying Romans 1, please realize, you should read and study Romans 1 thru 3 to really know what Romans 1 is all about!
Basketballer Wrote:This thread is a joke....All thats going on here is a back and fourth argument that noone is going to win..Noone is going to change anyones elses mind..Some belive its right some belive its wrong...But it is not NONE of anyones buisness what others do in there home. Maybe everyone should be worried more about their self and and not what their neighbor is doing or anyone else for that matter!

Hey there Basketballer! How ya been?

I don't feel that this thread isn't a joke, actually. The purpose of a forum is so people can state their opinions/arguments for whatever the topic is. And you're right, more than likely, no minds are going to be changed, but hopefully, some people may see that what they believe, for whatever reason, just may not be completely true.

Some of the post in here have been very thought provoking and I for one, even though sometimes some of the post really upset me, but, still very interesting to see how strong this topic is and the reasoning and logic that people have to believe the way they do.

You are right in the fact that it's no persons business what others do in their home, but if some people could realize that a home of a gay person is no different than that of a heterosexual, then possibly that could be the beginning of a better understanding and acceptance of the homosexual community for them.

Yes, this topic has strayed from the original intent and that being should the homosexual community be afforded the same rights as the heterosexual community under this country's constitution. It is really hard to discuss this topic just in that format since some people believe that the constitution is a religious document. One thing that must be remembered is that we are all God's creation and as long as we, as individuals, gay or straight, who believe in God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, look to Him for guidance, His forgiveness and His love, and believe in Him, then no one can deny anyone that right. If God is the center of any home or any person, then that's all that matters.

The lack of understanding and the fear of not knowing is where hatred begins and if anything has come from this discussion is that hopefully some have received a better understanding, a clearer knowledge or maybe just simply a tingle in the heart and see that what has been is has been and that today is the day they realize that maybe, just maybe their complete view may not be as complete as they once thought.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:If Homosexuality was ok with GOD then men could get other men pregnant and that doesnt happen. I live my life for GOD and if some feel condemned for what Christians believe then whos problem is that?

I to live my life for God, and I have not condemned anyone who sees this topic different as I do. But, because I do not agree with what some have said in here, does not imply that condemnation has been employed. Each person, has the right to believe they way they want too, that don't necessarily make anyone right or wrong, but at least people have that right.

I have posed this question SEVERAL times and I can't seem to get an answer from anyone...why doesn't the Bible say anything about lesbians, and why didn't Jesus himself say anything about homosexuality? Just wanting to see the logic/reasoning from the people who use the Bible against homosexuals.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I would have to disagree with you on your last sentence. But not because of abuse or lack of discipline or something like that. But due to the fact that the world is still mixed up on the subject on it being right or wrong. Now you are suggesting that you take a child out of foster care and let him be adopted by two people who are fighting for the right to be able to walk down the street without being ridiculed? That doesn't make any sense. I'm not saying they couldn't be good parents but taking a child out of a bad situation and putting it into one that isn't exactly great isn't a good idea

Interesting...I personally know several gay couples that adopted someone from the foster system, and one in particular; their son graduated valedictorian of a class size of 358 students, received a full scholarship to medical school, has dated and is engaged to an absolute beautiful lady, was their star athlete in both football and basketball, and is very active in their church and his parents have been and continue to be supporters of other gay couples wanting to be parents to children that other heterosexual people/couples have given up. If you knew this young mans COMPLETE story, (and the story of so many other children adopted by gay people) and see the love that he has for his gay parents, the support, belief, admiration, dedication, then you could not longer make the assumption of "taking a child out of a bad situation and putting it into one that isn't exactly great isn't a good idea" any longer. That statement is soooo judgmental, degrading and solely based upon personal opinion and fear.
cheerdad Wrote:I to live my life for God, and I have not condemned anyone who sees this topic different as I do. But, because I do not agree with what some have said in here, does not imply that condemnation has been employed. Each person, has the right to believe they way they want too, that don't necessarily make anyone right or wrong, but at least people have that right.

I have posed this question SEVERAL times and I can't seem to get an answer from anyone...why doesn't the Bible say anything about lesbians, and why didn't Jesus himself say anything about homosexuality? Just wanting to see the logic/reasoning from the people who use the Bible against homosexuals.

cheerdad, I'll take a stab, let me know what your thoughts are on these scriptures. The Bible can be a very difficult item to decipher, but these scriptures IMO speak AGAINST homosexuality:

Leviticus 18:22, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." (tough one, but I interpret the "-kind" at the end of man and woman to mean men & men, women & women)

Leviticus 20:13, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (this is probalby the most clear stance that I can see about the subject of homosexuality)

Romans 1:26-32, "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

1 Corinthians 6:9-11, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (Effeminacy describes having traits that are more often associated with traditional feminine gender roles rather than masculine roles.)
Whether or not "god" embraces homosexuality is of NO relevance to the Equal Protection Clause. Somewhere right now somebody is arguing that dark skinned peoples were meant to be servants by "god" as a result of the curse of Noah upon one of his sons. So what? The Constitution should not wait upon biblical interpretation to equally protect its citizens under the law.
thecavemaster Wrote:Whether or not "god" embraces homosexuality is of NO relevance to the Equal Protection Clause. Somewhere right now somebody is arguing that dark skinned peoples were meant to be servants by "god" as a result of the curse of Noah upon one of his sons. So what? The Constitution should not wait upon biblical interpretation to equally protect its citizens under the law.

It's obviously not shown that it's doing anything based on biblical interpretation, so one need not wait for the clergy to decide for the policiticians. The liberal politicians have already allowed the nation to become the most tolerant nation in the world, thus if anyone need fight for their right, it's right here.
Stardust Wrote:It's obviously not shown that it's doing anything based on biblical interpretation, so one need not wait for the clergy to decide for the policiticians. The liberal politicians have already allowed the nation to become the most tolerant nation in the world, thus if anyone need fight for their right, it's right here.

The apparent belief is that "god" will curse the United States if homosexuals are granted the right to marry, i.e. to file joint tax returns, exemptions, and other benefits of married couples. Why "god" allows the sun to shine on the good and evil, the rain to fall on the just and unjust, I don't know.
Stardust Wrote:cheerdad, I'll take a stab, let me know what your thoughts are on these scriptures. The Bible can be a very difficult item to decipher, but these scriptures IMO speak AGAINST homosexuality:

Leviticus 18:22, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." (tough one, but I interpret the "-kind" at the end of man and woman to mean men & men, women & women)

Leviticus 20:13, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (this is probalby the most clear stance that I can see about the subject of homosexuality)

Romans 1:26-32, "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

1 Corinthians 6:9-11, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (Effeminacy describes having traits that are more often associated with traditional feminine gender roles rather than masculine roles.)

Hey Stardust!!!

Thanks, but all of these scriptures have already been addressed, at the beginning of this discussion. If you get the chance, would you mind reading my posts concerning these scriptures and let me know what you think? I sure would appreciate it! :-) But, even though you did take the time to put these scriptures here, the answer is still not answered...every reference is placed upon men, not women and there is no scripture recorded of where Jesus himself mentions anything about homosexuality. See the reason for my question?

Thanks again!!!
cheerdad Wrote:Hey Stardust!!!

Thanks, but all of these scriptures have already been addressed, at the beginning of this discussion. If you get the chance, would you mind reading my posts concerning these scriptures and let me know what you think? I sure would appreciate it! :-) But, even though you did take the time to put these scriptures here, the answer is still not answered...every reference is placed upon men, not women and there is no scripture recorded of where Jesus himself mentions anything about homosexuality. See the reason for my question?

Thanks again!!!

You don't think this one does address it?

cheerdad Wrote:I to live my life for God, and I have not condemned anyone who sees this topic different as I do. But, because I do not agree with what some have said in here, does not imply that condemnation has been employed. Each person, has the right to believe they way they want too, that don't necessarily make anyone right or wrong, but at least people have that right.

I can only assume that you are Gay, and if you want to twist things around to justify your own perverted lifestyle that's your business, I guess. But just remember before you start trying to persuade some young soul to except your lifestyle as being acceptable to Christ and to follow your suit, keep in mind that you could be responsible for leading this same young soul to an eternal ****ation. Man that's a heavy burden to carry in my mind and that, IMO, is the jeopardy that your thinking presents. Jesus said "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheeps clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves." Not apologizing by any means, but that's just how I not only view your teachings on this subject, but it's also my minds portrayal of what you represent. Sorry.
cheerdad Wrote:For the person who used the word "abomination" you REALLY need to know what you are talking about here. This word comes from the Old Testament and there's a whole list of other things that you are not suppose to do....eat shrimp, eat meat from animals with clovend hooves, eat vegetables grown in the same soil, wear clothes of mixed fabrics, and this list goes on and on and on and on.....thus lies the problem with organized religion, they pick and choose a certain verse, certain word to use at their own descretion instead of taking the whole context of the meaning of the complete Word.

Just as back in the days of slavery, "Christians" used the Bible to say that owning slaves was OK and actually a good thing, but do we believe that today? NO!!!

I am a Christian, and I have studied the Bible in the original Greek and Hebrew and when the Bible was translated back 2000 years ago, the translation really strayed away from the original text....also....did you know that King James, the person who had the Bible translated into English was gay??? Bet you didn't know that, huh?

So, let's not go on a bashing spree here, please, because that is not what the Bible is about...Jesus is about love, loving one another and don't think that you can say "love the person but hate the sin"...that don't cut it either, that's a cop-out!

I think you have been listening to Jack Black a little too much. I do believe the NT gives us freedom to eat those things listed as it is not what goes into a man that makes him unclean, but what comes out. However, Jesus, who I agree is about love, but also is just would say clearly as Paul does in Corinthians that homosexuals will not enter the Kingdom of God, meaning they will not go to Heaven. In that set of verses, Paul goes on to point out that all of those things he mentioned were what we once were before Christ. This clearly shows that unless one repents from being a homosexual and turns away from the sin - which is clearly is - then they will not enter Heaven.

I believe that we should love one another, but we should also hold each other accountable to the truth. Homosexuality is wrong, and no practicing homosexual will enter the Kingdom without repentance. That is the Word of God.
Romans 1:24-32:

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
These scriptures clearly state that these vile affections of men lusting for other men (gay men) or women lusting for other women (lesbians) are not the natural affections God created men and women to have for one another. Let me say here that God loves all homosexuals! However, He hates the deeds of homosexuality because they are sinful. God did not create any human being as a homosexual. They are not born that way, just as murderers are not born that way. However, these spirits can be transmitted to children, especially if someone who had this demonic spirit seduced or raped a child--or even if they were close to gay people. These demons can also be imparted to others through unholy sexual acts.

People become homosexuals because they yield to abnormal acts or lust. It is through some source that they have received a demonic spirit that drives them to their lust. Viewing evil videos or pornographic books is a way of opening the door for Satan to give one an evil, perverse spirit. Though people are not born as homosexuals, the Bible does say all human beings are born with a sin nature. If we yield to the evils of our flesh it will lead to our destruction not only in this life, but in the life to come. However, through faith in Jesus Christ and His death on the cross we can break the hold that sin has upon us. We do not have to yield to the old fleshy nature but we can now overcome evil temptations and live our lives controlled by the Holy Spirit.
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:These scriptures clearly state that these vile affections of men lusting for other men (gay men) or women lusting for other women (lesbians) are not the natural affections God created men and women to have for one another. Let me say here that God loves all homosexuals! However, He hates the deeds of homosexuality because they are sinful. God did not create any human being as a homosexual. They are not born that way, just as murderers are not born that way. However, these spirits can be transmitted to children, especially if someone who had this demonic spirit seduced or raped a child--or even if they were close to gay people. These demons can also be imparted to others through unholy sexual acts.

People become homosexuals because they yield to abnormal acts or lust. It is through some source that they have received a demonic spirit that drives them to their lust. Viewing evil videos or pornographic books is a way of opening the door for Satan to give one an evil, perverse spirit. Though people are not born as homosexuals, the Bible does say all human beings are born with a sin nature. If we yield to the evils of our flesh it will lead to our destruction not only in this life, but in the life to come. However, through faith in Jesus Christ and His death on the cross we can break the hold that sin has upon us. We do not have to yield to the old fleshy nature but we can now overcome evil temptations and live our lives controlled by the Holy Spirit.

Pretty solid post
Nice posts WheelsNdaSky...no tickling of the ears there. Wink
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:These scriptures clearly state that these vile affections of men lusting for other men (gay men) or women lusting for other women (lesbians) are not the natural affections God created men and women to have for one another. Let me say here that God loves all homosexuals! However, He hates the deeds of homosexuality because they are sinful. God did not create any human being as a homosexual. They are not born that way, just as murderers are not born that way. However, these spirits can be transmitted to children, especially if someone who had this demonic spirit seduced or raped a child--or even if they were close to gay people. These demons can also be imparted to others through unholy sexual acts.

Thats right brother:thumpsup:
thecavemaster Wrote:Whether or not "god" embraces homosexuality is of NO relevance to the Equal Protection Clause. Somewhere right now somebody is arguing that dark skinned peoples were meant to be servants by "god" as a result of the curse of Noah upon one of his sons. So what? The Constitution should not wait upon biblical interpretation to equally protect its citizens under the law.

If I had a dollar for everytime you said this I could retire! Since you started this thread, you should know that the title includes "Views on Gays" not Equal Protection Clause.

By the way, it is God, with a capital "G".

This country was founded by God-fearing men and on Christian values and Christians will/should make thier decisions based on God's word and prayer. So, the Bible will have a bearing on what happens in this country.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I can only assume that you are Gay, and if you want to twist things around to justify your own perverted lifestyle that's your business, I guess. But just remember before you start trying to persuade some young soul to except your lifestyle as being acceptable to Christ and to follow your suit, keep in mind that you could be responsible for leading this same young soul to an eternal ****ation. Man that's a heavy burden to carry in my mind and that, IMO, is the jeopardy that your thinking presents. Jesus said "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheeps clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves." Not apologizing by any means, but that's just how I not only view your teachings on this subject, but it's also my minds portrayal of what you represent. Sorry.

And again, Mr Kimball, your ASSUMPTION is WRONG. I am not gay. I think it's funny that the ones of us that do not see this topic as you, you have called or assumed us to be gay....what's up with that?

I am not trying to persuade anyone of anything, just stating my beliefs and opinions as you. And as you implied, you too, as others need to remember while you're continuing to spread the obvious hate, that that could lead to murder of a young so, as depicted in the movie, that was based upon a true story, Prayers for Bobby...and murderes shall not inherit the kingdom of Heaven.
There's no need to apologize, you are stating your opinion just like everyone else and no offense has been taken, because, your assumption is only an accusation.
WheelsNdaSky Wrote:I think you have been listening to Jack Black a little too much. I do believe the NT gives us freedom to eat those things listed as it is not what goes into a man that makes him unclean, but what comes out. However, Jesus, who I agree is about love, but also is just would say clearly as Paul does in Corinthians that homosexuals will not enter the Kingdom of God, meaning they will not go to Heaven. In that set of verses, Paul goes on to point out that all of those things he mentioned were what we once were before Christ. This clearly shows that unless one repents from being a homosexual and turns away from the sin - which is clearly is - then they will not enter Heaven.

I believe that we should love one another, but we should also hold each other accountable to the truth. Homosexuality is wrong, and no practicing homosexual will enter the Kingdom without repentance. That is the Word of God.

Who's Jack Black??? And that's my point exactly....since the NT freed us from this Holiness Code, then why do people still use this scripture against the homosexual community?

I have already given my comments on all of these "clobber scriptures" and they are at the beginning of this topic.
Unfortunately, I have to get ready for work now and don't have time to respond to these post, but will, but not in the details as before, because, they are at the beginning of this topic.
ImagineThat! Wrote:If I had a dollar for everytime you said this I could retire! Since you started this thread, you should know that the title includes "Views on Gays" not Equal Protection Clause.

This country was founded by God-fearing men and on Christian values and Christians will/should make thier decisions based on God's word and prayer. So, the Bible will have a bearing on what happens in this country.

Anytime you show solid proof of this nasty lifestyle "choice" being dead wrong he comes back with that line...Everytime.
BTW I like that WV flag. I'm from there.
blitz43 Wrote:Anytime you show solid proof of this nasty lifestyle "choice" being dead wrong he comes back with that line...Everytime.
BTW I like that WV flag. I'm from there.

And, each and every time, you and those like you, don't address why "god" will curse America for granting rights to the good and evil, to the just and unjust. I do not challenge your right to say "nasty" and "choice." I do not challenge your religion's belief. I do challenge your religion's right to deny rights to others based on your religious beliefs. If that nettles you, so be it.
ImagineThat! Wrote:If I had a dollar for everytime you said this I could retire! Since you started this thread, you should know that the title includes "Views on Gays" not Equal Protection Clause.

If I had a dollar for each and every time you've addressed that issue as related to "just" and "unjust" being blessed by "god's" sunshine and rainfall, I still couldn't order from the dollar menu at McDonalds. The bible says man was made in god's image. Ever since, we've been returning the favor. That is why I type "god." If that nettles you, so be it.

Nicely put...I agree!
If people yield to unpleasant thoughts about others, or taking entertainment in the failures of others, does that open the door for demonic spirits?
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next