Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABC Bans Flag Pins
[SIZE=2]I won't be watching ABC anymore[/SIZE]

ABC bans flag lapel pins

This has been checked out on TruthorFiction.com and Snopes.com. This is true and even though I will have little effect on ABC News revenue I do plan on being careful to not view any program that is on ABC and boycott, if at all possible, the sponsors of ABC. Barbara Walters said that this was going to hurt ABC bad. As you know she works for ABC.

[B]ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS![/B]

[B]YESTERDAY THE BRASS AT ABC NEWS ISSUED ORDERS FORBIDDING REPORTERS TO WEAR LAPEL PIN AMERICAN FLAGS OR OTHER PATRIOTIC INSIGNIA. THEIR REASONING WAS THAT ABC SHOULD REMAIN NEUTRAL ABOUT 'CAUSES'.[/B]

[B]SINCE WHEN IS SUPPORT FOR PREVENTING DEATH AND DESTRUCTION SOME SORT OF A 'CAUSE'? SINCE WHEN IS PATRIOTISM TO BE DISCOURAGED?[/B]

[B]I URGE YOU TO BOYCOTT ABC AND ITS SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES. WE ARE SLOWLY LOSING EVERYTHING OUR COUNTRY STANDS FOR AND EVERYTHING OUR MEN AND WOMEN FOUGHT AND DIED TO PRESERVE![/B]

[B]PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY AS YOU CAN. THIS HAS BEEN VERIFIED THROUGH: [/B][B]http://www.snopes.com/rumors/noflags.asp[/B]

[B]This should make your blood boil...it DOES mine![/B]

QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I don't feel the need to have my anchorman expressing patriotic fervor.
Who gives a crap!?

Since when did it become a freaking requirement to wear a flag pin?

Do YOU wear a flag pin every day?

What's next? Requiring everyone in the U.S. to put a magnetic "support the troops" ribbon on the back of their car?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't think anyone said anything about making everyone wear one, but forbidding an employee from wearing one?

Shouldn't this have something to do with freedom of speech or did they sign that right away with their ABC contract?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CE, Who said they had to? It just doesn't make since why you shouldn't be allowed to.
If 1 person does it, the perception is that person is more patriotic than those that don't.

Hence all would be required to wear them.

Then they would all try to out do each other by using bigger and bigger pins.

It's all so petty.
I agree with Fritz. If ABC wants to forbid flag pins, maybe they should go to Iraq or Iran to deliver the news. Just another example of where this country is heading. Freedom is freedom, where is the freedom of choice in this matter?
Some of you are feeding my fears- that this country is drifting from the values that made it a great country and is being abused and is having the freedoms that it provides taken advantage of.

Case in point- this country was founded as a free land where anyone could come and prosper and be given every opportunity to succeed and be treated equally, but now a lot of immigrants are coming to this country illegally and using all of the benefits without providing anything in return.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Some of you are feeding my fears- that this country is drifting from the values that made it a great country and is being abused and is having the freedoms that it provides taken advantage of.

Case in point- this country was founded as a free land where anyone could come and prosper and be given every opportunity to succeed and be treated equally, but now a lot of immigrants are coming to this country illegally and using all of the benefits without providing anything in return.
People have been saying this for 60 years B.

It'll all be ok. I promise.
BFritz Wrote:Case in point- this country was founded as a free land where anyone could come and prosper and be given every opportunity to succeed and be treated equally, but now a lot of immigrants are coming to this country illegally and using all of the benefits without providing anything in return.

Smile Founded as a free land by whom? Immigrants? Exactly. I don't think the country was founded upon the idea that anyone could come and prosper considering the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't until 1863. Did black men, women, and children have the right to prosper and have every opportunity to be treated equally until that time or for that matter later on?

I'm not saying immigration should be welcomed at all costs, but many come here for the chance to do what you just said, "given an opportunity to succeed" which they can not do in their home country. It is down right foolish to say that the majority of Immigrants do nothing in return for this country when they not only work the jobs that many Americans do not want, but bring ideas, and expand America's culture which is never a bad thing in my opinion. If this country was founded as you say a "free" land then why should others not be given the chance to prosper and succeed in life along with their children?
ComfortEagle Wrote:Who gives a crap!?

What's next? Requiring everyone in the U.S. to put a magnetic "support the troops" ribbon on the back of their car?

Flag Pin? No i personally don't wear a pin everyday. But since 9/11 i have worn a flag on my shoulder. 3 years I wore that flag in a place where they shoot at you just for having that flag on. No one should be forced to wear that flag. But everyone should have the right to.
I don't really see the big deal in this, if maybe they told their anchors, lets refrain from using flag pins, but you're free to make your own decision. But to just ban them seems a little over the top.
Uncle Fester Wrote:Smile Founded as a free land by whom? Immigrants? Exactly. I don't think the country was founded upon the idea that anyone could come and prosper considering the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't until 1863. Did black men, women, and children have the right to prosper and have every opportunity to be treated equally until that time or for that matter later on?

I'm not saying immigration should be welcomed at all costs, but many come here for the chance to do what you just said, "given an opportunity to succeed" which they can not do in their home country. It is down right foolish to say that the majority of Immigrants do nothing in return for this country when they not only work the jobs that many Americans do not want, but bring ideas, and expand America's culture which is never a bad thing in my opinion. If this country was founded as you say a "free" land then why should others not be given the chance to prosper and succeed in life along with their children?

I can't speak for fritz, but i think he was referring to those who come illegally and don't pay taxes, etc. Anyone who does so legally is no different than our forefathers. But those who enter illegally are a different story.
If a person doesn't want to a flag pin or if they do wear a flag pin, either way it's fine with me, but to ban wearing one is ridiculous.
Uncle Fester Wrote:Smile Founded as a free land by whom? Immigrants? Exactly. I don't think the country was founded upon the idea that anyone could come and prosper considering the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't until 1863. Did black men, women, and children have the right to prosper and have every opportunity to be treated equally until that time or for that matter later on?

Shady Grady Wrote:I can't speak for fritz, but i think he was referring to those who come illegally and don't pay taxes, etc. Anyone who does so legally is no different than our forefathers. But those who enter illegally are a different story.

That's exactly what I mean- people who enter illegally but don't pay taxes or anything but they still get welfare or anything else or, such as medical benefits.

Like I've said all along, I have no problem with empowering people to better their own lives and live happily, but I have a problem with people taking advantage of our country and taking things (like government checks) and being worthless. That was my problem with Obama- he wants to take from the rich and give to the poor rather than helping the poor to make their lives better by their own doing.
DevilsWin Wrote:People have been saying this for 60 years B.

It'll all be ok. I promise.

So now we have your word that it will all be ok. :eek: How in the world can you promise something like that? Rolleyes
Old School Wrote:So now we have your word that it will all be ok. :eek: How in the world can you promise something like that? Rolleyes

I PROMISE!Big Grin TRUST ME OLD SCHJOOL.
who cares?
PHS#1 Wrote:who cares?

I care.
Matman Wrote:I care.
me too
I don't think banning a flag pin is appropriate. Nor should it be mandatory to wear one either. However, I can't see anything wrong with allowing people the option. If it was a democratic or republican pin, if it was a conservative or liberal pin, a pro-war or anti-war pin, or even a gay or straight pin, then I could see banning it. However, we are all Americans aren't we? I don’t see how wearing an American flag label pin makes you bias on issues. I don't see how wearing a flag pin could offend anyone.

:Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

This isn't about being required to wear one- it's about being ALLOWED to wear one
BFritz Wrote:This isn't about being required to wear one- it's about being ALLOWED to wear one

AMEN!!!! :thumpsup: