Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls Basketball at Jenkins
It is not to classy for people to get on here and talk about a guy that has gave so much of his time to such a small school knowing that he was never going to get anything in return. Coach Bentley has always been a class act and done a great job at Jenkins. That being said if he felt that his wife was being done wrong then he had every right to step down as coach.
Jerry is one of the nicest guys that I know. He's a hard worker and a great coach. I also believe that Jerry would've helped me get the Varsity Boys Basketball job last year, if people down in town hadn't wanted the current coach. It strikes me though, that all of you people are worrying about the wrong thing. What kind of message is it sending to the kids at Jenkins when a long time coach is not helped out at all and resigns. It's almost as if there has been a witch hunt from down in town to get rid of people at Jenkins. I don't know, but I believe that there are many more resignations and transfer requests that will come across the superintendent's desk before things calm down.
What's the enrollment at Jenkins these days? Is there still talk of merging?
Jenkins has 200 in High school. Not counting the middle school.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:It is not to classy for people to get on here and talk about a guy that has gave so much of his time to such a small school knowing that he was never going to get anything in return. Coach Bentley has always been a class act and done a great job at Jenkins. That being said if he felt that his wife was being done wrong then he had every right to step down as coach.

Thanks for the support Reds#1 fan !!!
legend74 Wrote:Jerry is one of the nicest guys that I know. He's a hard worker and a great coach. I also believe that Jerry would've helped me get the Varsity Boys Basketball job last year, if people down in town hadn't wanted the current coach. It strikes me though, that all of you people are worrying about the wrong thing. What kind of message is it sending to the kids at Jenkins when a long time coach is not helped out at all and resigns. It's almost as if there has been a witch hunt from down in town to get rid of people at Jenkins. I don't know, but I believe that there are many more resignations and transfer requests that will come across the superintendent's desk before things calm down.

Thanks legend74, you are correct many people are looking to leave.