Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Really Grinds Your Gears?
What are some things that really grind your gears?

What really grinds my gears is fans at any sporting yelling something really, really stupid about something they have no knowledge about.
I hate when people try to make assumptions about what I can/can't do or underestimate my mental state. I'd rather people just talk to me normal or ask me about what happened to me or anything.

Mike Brown really chaps my ***
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
When people use the phrase "grinds your gears."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:When people use the phrase "grinds your gears."

Smile
Somebody that talks like that they are smart but actually know nothing of the topic they are speaking on.

BFritz, I'm with you, Mike Brown make me mad as heck!!
ComfortEagle Wrote:When people use the phrase "grinds your gears."

:mad:
I can't stand to see a fan walk across the basketball court during halftime, or between quarters, or during a timeout. I was at a middle school girls game a while back and they had to stop the game to let a fan (a grown man by the way) cross the court in order to get a hotdog. He thought he could make it when one team was on the break, but the other team stole the ball in the middle of the break. I think it shows a lack of respect.

I don't like to see fans shoot at halftime either. If you have 10 or 15 little kids, sometimes teenagers, or recent graduates who still want to hang around, on the floor at the half most of them have dirt & mud on their feet. It leaves the floor dirty.
The Sniper Wrote:I can't stand to see a fan walk across the basketball court during halftime, or between quarters, or during a timeout. I was at a middle school girls game a while back and they had to stop the game to let a fan (a grown man by the way) cross the court in order to get a hotdog. He thought he could make it when one team was on the break, but the other team stole the ball in the middle of the break. I think it shows a lack of respect.

I don't like to see fans shoot at halftime either. If you have 10 or 15 little kids, sometimes teenagers, or recent graduates who still want to hang around, on the floor at the half most of them have dirt & mud on their feet. It leaves the floor dirty.

When I seen that "The Sniper" had posted in this thread, I figured it would pertain to paintball, looks like I figured wrong!Smile
I can't stand when people smack their lips. Whether its when talking, chewing gum, or eating. It urks me so bad I usually have to get up from the table or wherever I am. No idea why it affects me so bad.
When people type in forums and don't use proper grammar, punctuation and capitalization.

People who don't know the difference between their, there, and they're; and where, we're and were.

When someone stops at a stop sign before you, but they wait until you reach the stop sign and come to a complete stop, even if you are a good distance away, before they will go. This means it takes you even longer to get where you're going. They clearly have the right away, so just go, why wait? If someone runs the stop sign and hits you it's not your fault, duh!

Anyone who drives on Arnold Ave. in Prestonsburg may have experienced this last one since those stop signs are usually ran. On my way to the high school this aggravated me more than anything since I was usually running late. Maybe I'm just impatient haha
Jshort5 Wrote:When I seen that "The Sniper" had posted in this thread, I figured it would pertain to paintball, looks like I figured wrong!Smile

I’m trying to expand my horizons and explore new threads, but since you mentioned paintball.

This is what grinds my gears in paintball

People that won't fight, even after 2 hours --- Amun Ra
People that will only fight from 500ft away --- Amun Ra
People that are always in the back while their team is fighting --- Amun Ra
(How he gets them to keep doing this & why they continue to go along with it are Mysteries to me?)
People that run from a fight --- Ref 37 & Calamity Jane, you could include Amun-Ra
People that distort the facts about what actually happen --- Johnny Ringo, again you could include Amun-Ra
People that fix their work schedule so they don't have to play --- Cordell Walker, I’ve heard Amun-Ra has done this too!
People who say there out after being shot & then say there in again when they get behind something safe --- Cordell Walker & Mongo, Amun-Ra has been suspected of this before
People who don't know how many times I've killed them --- RaiderNation & Amun-Ra
People who will never charge into battle --- Ref 37, Calamity Jane, Johnny Ringo, Cordell Walker, Mongo, and CERTAINLY Amun-Ra.
However, occasionally Johnny Ringo will muster up the nerve to make a half-hearted charge.
Theres more, most of it concerns Amun-Ra, but I’m tired of typing

:Thumbs:
People that like to make up twisted tales & post them on BGR!:thatsfunn
Backstabbers, Smacked in the face, Pushed Down, When people say "Yea Ok" after you try and explain something to them. This site Grinds my Gears rusty sometimes.
The thing that drives me bananas, is when Im driving in Pikeville, and I get to the hospital red light, and people are crossing the road. But they don't have a walk sign, and my light is green, so I am supposed to be able to travel on through, but NOOOO I've got to stop to let them prance along ever so slowly. They don't try to move fast, or hurry out of the road, and they are blocking traffic. IT MAKES ME SO MAD! If you HAVE to cross when cars are coming, good LORD PLEASE TRY TO HURRY AT LEAST.
A wore out clutch??????
Midee1 Wrote:A wore out clutch??????

Smile SmartA.
brock lesnar, pro sports, belfry, harlan county
If...Then Wrote:Backstabbers, Smacked in the face, Pushed Down, When people say "Yea Ok" after you try and explain something to them. This site Grinds my Gears rusty sometimes.

pssft.. yea ok..

LOL
You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsay_Lohan][/url]. Huh? Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with-with your little outfits. Y'know? You're u-you're up there jumping around, and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So... y'know, what am I supposed to do? What do-what do-what do you want? Y'know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to-why-why you're leaping around there, throwing those things all up in, over there on my face? Huh? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want! Well, I'll tell you what you want. You want nothin'. You want nothin'! All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and-and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is, i-is-is-is just bogus. -- The great Peter Griffin from Family Guy.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Smile

people who like taylor swift and lil wayne
:flame:
I ball like swoosh Wrote:people who like taylor swift and lil wayne
:flame:
Exactly!!! I used to be able to tolerate rap until he came into the music. He is awful. He does nothing but whine, how is that good music? talking about killing people and, well, umm, trashy women...haha...I can't stand him.
I would love to be able to say what or more appropriate who grinds my gears.Big Grin
I would like to think people that are extremely full of themselves, people that think they are Billy bad a**, people eating with their mouth open, and often a lot of people that try and post stuff on here that isn't factual, know absolutely nothing about what they are posting, and young kids/homers (even though I am guilty of being a homer a time or two Smile )
Eastern Kentucky people who move north of the Ohio River and within 2 weeks are talking like they have lived in the north all their lives, and come back to the mountains on visits showing off their newly fabricated accents and making fun of the locals. Now, they think they've mastered it and fit right in with their new northern neighbors, but it's only an allusion on their part. Native Buckeyes tell me that they can pick out a mountain boy within the time it takes them to make two spoken sentences, regardless of the number of years they've lived in Ohio.
Same thing for people who spend a couple of years in the military (but not all of them). You'd think they had lived in Michigan or New York their entire life when they speak. Sometimes I make fun of them and tell them they're trying to be someone that they're not, and when they do that it makes them look like they are ashamed of their culture and heritage. Most of them say they change their accent so people where they live can understand them. I don't buy that. Jimmy Carter form Georgia was president of the USA and he didn't change the way he talked. Neither did Texan George Bush or Bill Clinton of Arkansas.
I do believe in using proper grammar. But one's native accent is something to be proud of imo.
what grinds my gears is how uk has been playing basketball so far this year. we show great potential at times by playing awesome ball at times, but we just havent mashed all of it together yet. for instance the wv and miami game tonight, we sucked it up in the 1st halfs in both games. in the 2nd half though we played some great ball that would win games against big opponents. i say in the next couple of games liggins will start finally, which i belive will be the key to winning some games.
Kanye West
When I'm drivin to and back from Alabama. I always set my cruise, it KILLS me when somebody passes me just to cut over infront of me and slow down. I pass em back (with cruise still set) and about a mile down the road, they pass me back, cut over on me and slow down. Absolutely burns me up, grinds my gears.
The Sniper Wrote:I’m trying to expand my horizons and explore new threads, but since you mentioned paintball.

This is what grinds my gears in paintball

People that won't fight, even after 2 hours --- Amun Ra
People that will only fight from 500ft away --- Amun Ra
People that are always in the back while their team is fighting --- Amun Ra
(How he gets them to keep doing this & why they continue to go along with it are Mysteries to me?)
People that run from a fight --- Ref 37 & Calamity Jane, you could include Amun-Ra
People that distort the facts about what actually happen --- Johnny Ringo, again you could include Amun-Ra
People that fix their work schedule so they don't have to play --- Cordell Walker, I’ve heard Amun-Ra has done this too!
People who say there out after being shot & then say there in again when they get behind something safe --- Cordell Walker & Mongo, Amun-Ra has been suspected of this before
People who don't know how many times I've killed them --- RaiderNation & Amun-Ra
People who will never charge into battle --- Ref 37, Calamity Jane, Johnny Ringo, Cordell Walker, Mongo, and CERTAINLY Amun-Ra.
However, occasionally Johnny Ringo will muster up the nerve to make a half-hearted charge.
Theres more, most of it concerns Amun-Ra, but I’m tired of typing

:Thumbs:

That is to funny lol. I like this post. I give it a 10!
BCF4L Wrote:You know what really grinds my gears? This Lindsay Lohan[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsay_Lohan][/url]. Huh? Lindsay Lohan with all those little outfits, jumping around there on stage, half-naked with-with your little outfits. Y'know? You're u-you're up there jumping around, and I'm just sitting here with my beer. So... y'know, what am I supposed to do? What do-what do-what do you want? Y'know, are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to-why-why you're leaping around there, throwing those things all up in, over there on my face? Huh? What do you want, Lindsay? Tell me what you want! Well, I'll tell you what you want. You want nothin'. You want nothin'! All right? Because we all know that no woman anywhere wants to have sex with anyone, and-and to titillate us with any thoughts otherwise is, i-is-is-is just bogus. -- The great Peter Griffin from Family Guy.
I cant believe that it took 19 posts in this thread beofre someone made a Family Guy reference LOL! You know what really grinds my gears?.....When I cant find the droids Im lookin for!LOL!
people who run stop signs.