Poll: WHO WINS IT
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
PHELPS
51.61%
PCC
48.39%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps vs. Pike Central - Dec.12th
Thoughts,predictions??
I'd Say Phelps By 10 +
If Last Nights Play Is Any Indication Pcc By 30.
Pike Central comes out on top. Definately!
After the perforamce put on by Phelps last night against Letcher, no possible way they're going to beat PC.

PC 20+, for sure.
every team has nights that they look bad but you cant base every game on those nights.

i havent heard enough or watched either team so i cant say who wins but good luck to both.
PC names the score easy
If...Then Wrote:PC names the score easy

I wouldn't quite go that far.... LOL.... I personally think it will be a good game. Coach VanHoose will have his team clicking on all cylinders and continue to work and improve throughout the year.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
It will definately be a good game and I cant wait to watch it.....
PC will pull it at the end because of their conditioning........PC+10
phelps by 6
Phelps by 15
Should be interesting. Defense and conditioning against offensive firepower. It will be close as all games usually are at Phelps.
Pike Central by 20.. or more
PCC by 6
Pcc 20+
I will take Phelps by 10. Goodluck to both teams though.
now u all listen.....yeah phelps lost thursday but they was not playing team ball....if they play team ball friday they r no way that phelps will lose fridays game against Pike Central....But good luck 2 both teams and i think phelps will win though if they PLAY TEAM ball
I say it will be a close game. When a team comes to Phelps you can count on a close game. But I will have to go with Phelps.........
Don't hold your breath. That's a "big IF" IMO.
Pike Central will win
PHS_Basketball_2112 Wrote:now u all listen.....yeah phelps lost thursday but they was not playing team ball....if they play team ball friday they r no way that phelps will lose fridays game against Pike Central....But good luck 2 both teams and i think phelps will win though if they PLAY TEAM ball

not trying to sound like a prick but that is what happens when you recieve two players from a former school (Belfry in this case) I said it on here when it first came out that this would hurt Phelps more then help. JR is a great coach but unless he gets it under control he will be in the same position that Stiltner was.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:not trying to sound like a prick but that is what happens when you recieve two players from a former school (Belfry in this case) I said it on here when it first came out that this would hurt Phelps more then help. JR is a great coach but unless he gets it under control he will be in the same position that Stiltner was.

J.R. will get it under control. He is a very good, knowledgable coach. That team will NOT run over him. The blame can't be laid on only two of them either. ALL of the girls, the entire team, have to work together..... they have to click!!!

the only reason we lost the game against letcher was b/c we wasnt playing team ball && the refs weren't calling fair. 2 of our starters fouled out b4 the 4th quarter & that's what hurt us.
we are a pretty good team && we have the potential to go far.
i'd say it will be a close game && if the refs call fair, then we will 4 sure win it.
phs1986 Wrote:J.R. will get it under control. He is a very good, knowledgable coach. That team will NOT run over him. The blame can't be laid on only two of them either. ALL of the girls, the entire team, have to work together..... they have to click!!!

didnt blame just two, but the addition of those two have hurt their chemistry...Get upset of you want over my statement but its true and if you dont see it then your blind. It happens at every school when they recieve new players.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:didnt blame just two, but the addition of those two have hurt their chemistry...Get upset of you want over my statement but its true and if you dont see it then your blind. It happens at every school when they recieve new players.

I'm not blind and I'm not upset... LOL.... I just simply stated that Coach VanHoose will control the girls behavior and they will then turn the tempo up and do okay. I agree it does take time for girls to adjust to new additions to what they are used to having. All is fine and well......Wink

The new girls have not shown any attitude that has hurt the team, they haven't hurt the team at all in my eyes? I don't get where you are coming from. Without them two on the team Phelps would've been in a lot worse shape on Thursday. They are the two getting the ball up the court and trying to create plays? So wherever you are coming from doesn't make sense at all. The team as a WHOLE didn't have it together on Thursday but I guess that is what happens when your starters are out of practice for a few days. Hopefully, JR has them ready by Friday.
uksports99 Wrote:The new girls have not shown any attitude that has hurt the team, they haven't hurt the team at all in my eyes? I don't get where you are coming from. Without them two on the team Phelps would've been in a lot worse shape on Thursday. They are the two getting the ball up the court and trying to create plays? So wherever you are coming from doesn't make sense at all. The team as a WHOLE didn't have it together on Thursday but I guess that is what happens when your starters are out of practice for a few days. Hopefully, JR has them ready by Friday.

I am not a supporter of Phelps, I was taking what others were stating that they were not playing team ball. Thus, I made the argument that this happens when you recieve two players who are known for not playing team ball at another school which hurts your teams chemistry. IMO they would not be much worse off without these two. JR showed last season what he could do with IMO a less talented team then he has now. Im not a supporter of Phelps but I love JR and his coaching. Class Act. Just dont want to see a team try to walk all over like Stiltner did.
Pike Central played a great game last week against Magoffin County. Seeing that the game is at Phelps it will probably be a rediciously close game, but still yet I am going to say the Lady Hawks by at least 10.
central by at least 10
Phelps..by a good margin...depending on if they pull it together and play like a team.
Well Hornets, looks like the stats aren't in your favor.......Guess you'll just have to go out ready to play and show them once again, who Phelps is? You guys done it before and I know you can do it again........I believe in you girls!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now play ball!!!!
From a reliable source I have heard that Phelps only practices and hour or less due to other engagements. Do you think this could hurt the Lady Hornets, and the Lady Hawks practice 2 hrs a day and run and are in good condition. This will be a major factor in Friday Nights game.