Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Ratliff in the Equation, How Far Will Phelps Go?
With the addition of Ratliff to the Lady Hornets, will Phelps be bigger threat in the region/district/all "a"? Thoughts and Predictions.
yep i believe so...with kayla joining the team it makes it easier sure....but before anyone knew she was leaving pike central and interested in coming to phelps coach vanhoose already had his offense AND defense in working order ....while true they did not put a true performance out with letcher co. , these girls are ready to play ... maybe they needed that struggle to set their minds and pace right for the rest of the year..
the two girls from belfry are not what people kept saying about them ..these two girls are definitely motivators ON and OFF the floor....and with the likes of kaitlyn riley, jas hall & chasity wolford any team will have their hands full.
they seem to put a little more drive in everyone else's step so to speak ,,and that's a good thing...
BEST OF LUCK TO THE LADY HORNETS...NOW SHOW 'EM WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF!!!
liveblue09 Wrote:With the addition of Ratliff to the Lady Hornets, will Phelps be bigger threat in the region/district/all "a"? Thoughts and Predictions.

That should help them greatly. The only question I have is, how is she eligible?
hey, JR learned something while in college and that is how to recruit. LMAO just playing everyone dont call for my head.

But Ratliff is a solid player, where she has been out for such a long time i think that will hurt her early on but she should peak to her old self at the right time more than likly the second Pike Central game. Good Luck to her though I understand that she wasnt happy. I would rather see a kid move on and be happy rather then sticking out and being miserable.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I would rather see a kid move on and be happy rather then sticking out and being miserable.

well said...
The addition of Ratliff will make Phelps a top contender to knock off Johnson Central. My question is there any Phelps players on the team since basically the top six players are transfers from Virginia, Belfry and Pike Central. Politics at its best as once again the KHSAA picks and chooses they make eligible or ineligible. Wonder what the Shelby Valley people think since Swindall is still ineligible.:howdy:
What happens a lot of times that people don't realize is that when a player transfers, the speed of the eligibility largely depends on the school that the player left. I will bet that PC signed off on Ratliff with no problem. I will also bet that ER didn't do that with the girl that transferred to Valley. When Riley transferred from Grundy to Phelps, they weren't so cooperative and she was ruled ineligible. Only after an appeal was made, was she ruled eligible, in March, after the season was over. When Slone transferred three times between PC and Phelps, the schools apparently signed off on the transfer, thus enabling her eligibility.
Swindell can move "sorry tranfer" to Phelps she will be eligible to play in a day. I keep hearing what a GREAT coach JR is let him take the Phelps girls (not the tranfers) and win with them than we will see what kind of coach he is.Anyone can win with a hand picked team.
Did the Ratliff girl play in the Phelps LCC game the other night????
big_shot_08 Wrote:Swindell can move "sorry tranfer" to Phelps she will be eligible to play in a day. I keep hearing what a GREAT coach JR is let him take the Phelps girls (not the tranfers) and win with them than we will see what kind of coach he is.Anyone can win with a hand picked team.

Not taking sides here b/c i do support Pike Central. But give credit where credit is do last season he won with what was given and beat us (Pike Central). So all in all he is already proven. Obviously these girl see something in JR's coaching that they like. As Pike Central supporters we cant talk much because in recent history we picked up Kayla Lowe who should have went to belfry, AD Slone, Bree Hatmaker and Hamilton. Just to name a few.

Also SHady Grady is right if a school signs off on it 9 out of ten times the player is ruled eligible. Pike Central's AD Eugene Lyons and principal David Rowe believe in giving players an oppurtune chance to be happy with where they are. That is the way it should be.
Once again, these threads aren't about eligibility. If you are questioning how she got it, call the KHSAA, maybe they can provide you with some information. I'm not for Phelps or Pike Central and I'm sure not getting my panties in a twist, you just can't turn every thread about Phelps' team this season into a question of eligibility. As with ANY topic, you are supposed to discuss the question posed in the original post.

Keep this on that track or it will be closed.

I was wondering when it was going to be closed lol this is my opinion I can't help it if you don't like it but everyone is NOT a big Phelps fan... and did all of these Pike Center girls tranfers in the middle of the year?
If I am not mistaking....I believe just about all schools have had a transfer.....So don't down Phelps....It would be the same game if anyone else would have the transfer's also.....SO I SAY GET OVER IT..............
Jed Clampett Wrote:The addition of Ratliff will make Phelps a top contender to knock off Johnson Central. My question is there any Phelps players on the team since basically the top six players are transfers from Virginia, Belfry and Pike Central. Politics at its best as once again the KHSAA picks and chooses they make eligible or ineligible. Wonder what the Shelby Valley people think since Swindall is still ineligible.:howdy:

Wow, what a very bold statement. JCs girls (six seniors) have played together since elementary school; do you really think one player can MAKE a team? A team of girls from several different schools at that? Ratliff played with a very good bunch of players at Pike Central, who had a winning tradition.
BballFan63 Wrote:Wow, what a very bold statement. JCs girls (six seniors) have played together since elementary school; do you really think one player can MAKE a team? A team of girls from several different schools at that? Ratliff played with a very good bunch of players at Pike Central, who had a winning tradition.

excellent response - my thoughts exactly
[COLOR="Blue"]Phelps will do good.
SO WILL JC AND PC!
thats going to be the top three this year IMO![/COLOR]
Kayla is a great girl and I support her in any way it goes. People have forgotten the real reason of sports and that is to have fun. So let them!! Big deal if a certain team doesn't make it to state or even wins a game. As long as they are having fun playing the game.
liveblue09 Wrote:With the addition of Ratliff to the Lady Hornets, will Phelps be bigger threat in the region/district/all "a"? Thoughts and Predictions.

I think with Ratliff and the other girls, with a coach of J.R.'s caliber, they will go far in the tournament. What people need to know is that the Ratliff family is from Phelps originally so maybe they wanted to move back.
Good luck to her and Phelps High School.
i think this is a highly capable team that just got ever better with Kayla, this team is going to be hard to beat every game they play.

Go Hornets!
bflc15 Wrote:Did the Ratliff girl play in the Phelps LCC game the other night????
yes
UKisN1 Wrote:yes
No
mcharles3 Wrote:No

Your correct mcharles3.... She wasn't ruled "able to play" and therefore did NOT play in this game....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Congrats Kk, Its really hard seeing you in blue and white instead of blue and orange......But I hope you like it
I'M NOT SURE HOW FAR THEY WILL GO. I DON'T BELIEVE THEY HAVE PLAYED UP TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL AS OF YET BUT IT'S STILL EARLY IN THE SEASON.WITH THE TALENT THAT THEY HAVE,AND THE COACHING KNOWLEDGE OF COACH VANHOOSE,THEY SHOULD REALLY BE AT LEAST A 15 POINT FAVORITE OVER ANYBODY IN THE REGION WITH THE EXCEPTION OF JOHNSON CENTRAL.ALL THE GIRLS PLAY HARD AND AS WITH ALL TEAMS THEY WILL GET MUCH BETTER AS THE SEASON GOES ALONG.FOR THEM AND THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF I HOPE THEY HAVE FUN THIS YEAR AND GO ALL THE WAY.WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. :Thumbs:
well I think Kayla Ratliff is a very talented girl and with her added to the Hornets line up it sure cant hurt them but one girl can't win or lose a ball game like with any team they have to work together as a team to win. I hate it that she left Pike Central but if she is happier that is all that really matters.
Honestly, I'm biased in this, but Kayla will be sorely missed at Pike Central...she was a solid three shooter. This will up Phelps' chances, and with the other new transfers, the only question will be how long will it take them to figure out how each other works, and play as a single unit?
centralfan57 Wrote:Honestly, I'm biased in this, but Kayla will be sorely missed at Pike Central...she was a solid three shooter. This will up Phelps' chances, and with the other new transfers, the only question will be how long will it take them to figure out how each other works, and play as a single unit?

I believe the PCC game Friday was a very good indication that this team is coming along just fine. There are still kinks that need to be worked out but remember that was only their 3rd game and only their first with Ratliff. So all I can say is "Go Hornets"!!!!
liveblue09 Wrote:well said...

She didn't stick anything out. She quit before she transferred !
We will see how those Hornets gel as the year goes on. They seem to become "unglued during" the tournaments.