Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central this season??
how are the patriots looking for the up coming baseball season??? with several transfers they should look pretty good imo.. with their returning players...
This thread was already started not to long ago, but I think they'll be descent when potter and king are on the hill. When there not I think they'll have a hard time competing. They are NOT however a title contending team they're about 5 srtong and as has been proven year in year out you've gotta have 9 solid players to be a contender........maybe in two or three yrs, but as long as B. Dean is at letcher they'll never win a district title.
I don't see them doing much........They'll probably be about like JBS last year.
Kyboy13 Wrote:This thread was already started not to long ago, but I think they'll be descent when potter and king are on the hill. When there not I think they'll have a hard time competing. They are NOT however a title contending team they're about 5 srtong and as has been proven year in year out you've gotta have 9 solid players to be a contender........maybe in two or three yrs, but as long as B. Dean is at letcher they'll never win a district title.

I couldn't have said it any better...
ohh icic srry i didn't see the other thread... but i just heard from one of the players that king is eligible.. this should help them out a lot in the season... him being able to pitch and catch... i think they will be a better team than everyone gives them credit for... but we will see in a few months
Big man on campus Wrote:ohh icic srry i didn't see the other thread... but i just heard from one of the players that king is eligible.. this should help them out a lot in the season... him being able to pitch and catch... i think they will be a better team than everyone gives them credit for... but we will see in a few months

Well good I am glad to see things are looking up for them. You are only as good as your weakest team in the region, and hopefully all the teams in the 14th will begin this trend and start to get more competitive...
Big man on campus Wrote:ohh icic srry i didn't see the other thread... but i just heard from one of the players that king is eligible.. this should help them out a lot in the season... him being able to pitch and catch... i think they will be a better team than everyone gives them credit for... but we will see in a few months

Well quite a few people seem to agree with you that KCC will be very good, but I don't see how adding a couple of transfers will bring you from a two win team to a title contener...........Who do they have besides King and Potter? I think maybe Sparkman transfered there too.........but still there's gonna be ALOT of holes to fill.
They will be better than last year but not by much.
Kyboy13 Wrote:This thread was already started not to long ago, but I think they'll be descent when potter and king are on the hill. When there not I think they'll have a hard time competing. They are NOT however a title contending team they're about 5 srtong and as has been proven year in year out you've gotta have 9 solid players to be a contender........maybe in two or three yrs, but as long as B. Dean is at letcher they'll never win a district title.

What does LCC have to do with this thread?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I couldn't have said it any better...

What?
Benchwarmer Wrote:What does LCC have to do with this thread?

The question is how good will KCC be and I said decent but second to LCC in the disrict, which they will probably always be.......:flame:

I hope the Coaches from KCC get wind of some these posts, this would be some great locker room motivation posters.
By the way, I know Dean is a good coach, but I thought the players still had to perform to decide the games.
Kyboy13 Wrote:Well quite a few people seem to agree with you that KCC will be very good, but I don't see how adding a couple of transfers will bring you from a two win team to a title contener...........Who do they have besides King and Potter? I think maybe Sparkman transfered there too.........but still there's gonna be ALOT of holes to fill.

Sparkman is still @ JBS. In addition to Potter and King from JBS, they also got
Adams from JBS who is very solid. KCC returns Mullins, Slone, Amburgey, Richardson and couple others who are all solid. They have a lot of work to do but most of their starters are underclassmen. So the next 2-3 years look bright and assure you they will win more than 2 games per season for the next few years. I'll say it again, the district belongs to Letcher until someone beats them, KCC will be that team.
Educated Fan Wrote:I don't see them doing much........They'll probably be about like JBS last year.

JBS was district runner up last year and only lost to LCC 3-0 in finals of district.
They had 15-10 record, and before anybody jumps me I know the schedule wasn't that strong, but they beat some decent teams and competed with LCC both games and lost a game to Breathitt that they were leading in the 5th.
So if KCC gets to were JBS was last year, maybe better, then they should be OK.
All you KCC fans need to pipe it down a little bit. KCC will NEVER EVER EVER EVER win a district title as long as LCC is still in the 53rd, I don't see why the KHSAA would change. Bryan Dean is simply the best coach this side of Lexington. No coach ever has or ever will out game plan Bryan Dean. End of story.
FBIMAN Wrote:JBS was district runner up last year and only lost to LCC 3-0 in finals of district.
They had 15-10 record, and before anybody jumps me I know the schedule wasn't that strong, but they beat some decent teams and competed with LCC both games and lost a game to Breathitt that they were leading in the 5th.
So if KCC gets to were JBS was last year, maybe better, then they should be OK.

Im gonna list the teams they beat last season and you tell me which of those teams were descent......

Buckhorn, Owsley County, Leslie County, Shelby Valley, South Floyd (twice), Betsy Layne (twice), Cordia (twice), Magoffin County (twice), Jackson City, Riverside Christain, Knott Central.

The only team on this list that had a winning record was Jackson City and their schedule was worse than JBS's. That's not exactly a team I would want to use as an example of what I would want to achieve at.
Jshort5 Wrote:All you KCC fans need to pipe it down a little bit. KCC will NEVER EVER EVER EVER win a district title as long as LCC is still in the 53rd, I don't see why the KHSAA would change. Bryan Dean is simply the best coach this side of Lexington. No coach ever has or ever will out game plan Bryan Dean. End of story.

Never say never or always. There are many coaches in the 14th that do a really good job year after year - Dixon, Meehan, Wood, Napier, and Russ Melton for over 10 years each now, Varney and Jewell have both done good jobs over the last couple of years. Couch will make an impact at KCC early.

Not real bright getting on here talking crap...just gives them bulletin board material for the weight room and pre-season workouts.
rawlingsfan Wrote:Never say never or always. There are many coaches in the 14th that do a really good job year after year - Dixon, Meehan, Wood, Napier, and Russ Melton for over 10 years each now, Varney and Jewell have both done good jobs over the last couple of years. Couch will make an impact at KCC early.

Not real bright getting on here talking crap...just gives them bulletin board material for the weight room and pre-season workouts.

they need it
rawlingsfan Wrote:Never say never or always. There are many coaches in the 14th that do a really good job year after year - Dixon, Meehan, Wood, Napier, and Russ Melton for over 10 years each now, Varney and Jewell have both done good jobs over the last couple of years. Couch will make an impact at KCC early.

i agree there are a lot of great baseball minds in the 14th. imo i helps to have a good coach but the players still have to be dedicated and want to put the time in. just take kcc for example gary hammonds imo is one of the best baseball minds to have coached in the 14th but his team only won 2 games last year because they were very young and were lacking at a few positions.

as for bulletin board material, i have talked to a couple of kcc's baseball players and they just love to get on here and read what everybody is saying. they just laugh, sit back, work even harder, and wait for their chance to prove everybody wrong. like i said it still takes the work on the part of the players
baseballfan24 Wrote:as for bulletin board material, i have talked to a couple of kcc's baseball players and they just love to get on here and read what everybody is saying. they just laugh, sit back, work even harder, and wait for their chance to prove everybody wrong. like i said it still takes the work on the part of the players

You'll see how the players work for LCC when KCC plays Letcher Central. If you think for one second that Coach Dean will take anything less than maximum effort then you're badly mistaken. God, KCC cancelled on LCC last year or they would've had another loss in that "L" Column. I mean it takes 9 players' to make a team, not 5(KCC), LCC has 20. You'll see, your day will come when you have crow for dinner for the whole month of March. They can't go from a 2 win team to a contender with teams such as LCC. It's just not gonna happen. Potter pitched against LCC last year and LCC beat them pretty handily. Go figure. I'll figure you Knott County folk out some day, I just don't know when that day will come.:flame:
Jshort5 Wrote:You'll see how the players work for LCC when KCC plays Letcher Central. If you think for one second that Coach Dean will take anything less than maximum effort then you're badly mistaken. God, KCC cancelled on LCC last year or they would've had another loss in that "L" Column. I mean it takes 9 players' to make a team, not 5(KCC), LCC has 20. You'll see, your day will come when you have crow for dinner for the whole month of March. They can't go from a 2 win team to a contender with teams such as LCC. It's just not gonna happen. Potter pitched against LCC last year and LCC beat them pretty handily. Go figure. I'll figure you Knott County folk out some day, I just don't know when that day will come.:flame:

i never said anything about coach dean or lcc. and it is still up to the kids whether or not they want to work i respect coach dean for not taking anything less than maximum effort. thats the way it should be but if the players still refuse to give any effort the only other option the coach has is to kick the player off the team no matter how talented or valuable he is. and lets just see what happens when the two teams play and let happen whats gonna happen
FBIMAN Wrote:Sparkman is still @ JBS. In addition to Potter and King from JBS, they also got
Adams from JBS who is very solid. KCC returns Mullins, Slone, Amburgey, Richardson and couple others who are all solid. They have a lot of work to do but most of their starters are underclassmen. So the next 2-3 years look bright and assure you they will win more than 2 games per season for the next few years. I'll say it again, the district belongs to Letcher until someone beats them, KCC will be that team.

First let me say this to all you EXTREMELY sensitive people out there. I'm not tryin to put any one down or bash on ANYONE espiecally a group of good kids..........BUT I count only two kids on that team who could start over any one on LCC's team.........I mean I'm sorry but the talents just not there.......KCC has about 4 to 5 good/descent players while LCC has around 15.......I hope those kids do work hard because they'll have to if they expect to play with letcher. But for every weight they lift trust me LCC is right there in the weight room with them and do to their big numbers they can do more in the off season.......And in two games last year JBS had 2 runs vs LCC and both those runs were RBI's by Kincaid and he's at Letcher sooooo........
baseballfan24 Wrote:i never said anything about coach dean or lcc. and it is still up to the kids whether or not they want to work i respect coach dean for not taking anything less than maximum effort. thats the way it should be but if the players still refuse to give any effort the only other option the coach has is to kick the player off the team no matter how talented or valuable he is. and lets just see what happens when the two teams play and let happen whats gonna happen

This is what you guys are not understanding...This doesn't happen on Coach Dean's teams. No matter where he has been the players respect him so much they would never dream of coming out on the field and not giving their best effort because they wouldn't do that to Coach Dean. The players themselves respect him so much they would never put him in that position. This is what happened to Hammons last season and even the year before, it's been happening there for awhile now actually. The players just stopped respecting him and he couldn't get anything out of him, and finally he just gave up and as a result last season happened.
again i never said anything about letcher. but i agree imo the players respect coach dean enough not to do that to him and that just comes with being that sort of coach. on some teams however this does happen i have seen players that will not give even an ounce of effort because they think they are too good for everybody else on the team and they wont work at all. the coach in this situation however was stuck with the player because throwing him off the team meant having only 8 players. and imo the players on kcc's team this year respect coach enough to give every bit of their effort and the new additions to their team motivate the returning players even more because it gives them an oppurtunity to be better than they were last year.
Blake Mason, a pure hitter.......
i rlly think that this team will suprise a lot of ppl when they see them play.. there are some quality players at kcc now... i agree lcc will be tough to beat.. but with kcc's pitching it may be possible for them to squeak out a win against them... you never know what will happen after the first pitch is thrown.. i know the kcc boys and they are working hard to get ready for the season..and you can bet that they will give lcc everything they have.... they will have a very solid lineup this year.. king, adams, potter, and mullins are all good players.. mullins is a great hitter.. i have watched this kid play a lot over the years.. one of the best around imo... always consistent.. now with some help kcc will be dangerous.. so don't overlook them this season
Kyboy13 Wrote:Well quite a few people seem to agree with you that KCC will be very good, but I don't see how adding a couple of transfers will bring you from a two win team to a title contener...........Who do they have besides King and Potter? I think maybe Sparkman transfered there too.........but still there's gonna be ALOT of holes to fill.

i agree it will take much more than a couple of transfers
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:This is what you guys are not understanding...This doesn't happen on Coach Dean's teams. No matter where he has been the players respect him so much they would never dream of coming out on the field and not giving their best effort because they wouldn't do that to Coach Dean. The players themselves respect him so much they would never put him in that position. This is what happened to Hammons last season and even the year before, it's been happening there for awhile now actually. The players just stopped respecting him and he couldn't get anything out of him, and finally he just gave up and as a result last season happened.

You hit the nail on the head JRS!!!! And I just noticed that the initials of your username are my real initials.Big Grin
Jshort5 Wrote:All you KCC fans need to pipe it down a little bit. KCC will NEVER EVER EVER EVER win a district title as long as LCC is still in the 53rd, I don't see why the KHSAA would change. Bryan Dean is simply the best coach this side of Lexington. No coach ever has or ever will out game plan Bryan Dean. End of story.

all you Bryan Dean(LCC) fans need to calm down a little bit. KCC will be very good this year and will have a chance to beat LCC. Don't get me wrong, Dean is a good coach,but he isn't god. He doesn't settle the game, the players do.
did the sparkman kid transfer as well, or was he the only good player returning to JBS?