Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Coaches Fired
Any surprise that Mangini-Jets and Crennel-Browns have been fired?
Heading into the Playoffs, here is how Fox Sports has them ranked: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

1. Titans
2. Giants
3. Panthers
4. Steelers
5. Colts
6. Falcons
7. Ravens
8. Cowboys (Not in Playoffs)
9. Patriots (Not in Playoffs)
10. Buccaneers (Not in Playoffs)
27. Bengals Sad
Stardust Wrote:Any surprise that Mangini-Jets and Crennel-Browns have been fired?
Didnt know about Mangini and thats surprising IMO hes had a winning record in 2 out of 3 seasons with the Jets with a playoff berth in '06. Crennel dosnt surprise me with only 1 winning record and no playoffs in 5 years at cleveland.
I expect the Lions to go for Mangini.
I guess it came as no surprise that Rod Marinelli was let go after he accomplished history in leading the Detroit Lions to an 0-16 record and the #1 pick in the draft.

Hmmm, I wonder if the Lions pick a Wide Receiver????
Stardust Wrote:I guess it came as no surprise that Rod Marinelli was let go after he accomplished history in leading the Detroit Lions to an 0-16 record and the #1 pick in the draft.

Hmmm, I wonder if the Lions pick a Wide Receiver????

If the Lions pick a Receiver again this year it will be the dumbest thing they have ever did IMO they need a good QB.
HawksRule Wrote:If the Lions pick a Receiver again this year it will be the dumbest thing they have ever did IMO they need a good QB.

I believe that the Lions will get Matt Cassell from the Patriots with Brady returning.
I am suprised about Mangini.

I don't know who but somebody in Dallas needs to go.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
kybaseball Wrote:I am suprised about Mangini.

I don't know who but somebody in Dallas needs to go.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wade Phillips will be fired in a few days.
BCA I will be suprised if Garrett is not far behing him. Acoording to ESPN his stock has fallen big time.
Herm Edwards at KC is another one it wouldnt shock me to see go.
Not a surprise on most of the coaches although I did find it kinda disappointing that the Jets coach got fired, and even his own players (Coles in particular) said it wasn't Mangini's fault.
It sure ain't a surprise to see the Browns Coach get fired. Because, he's not lead the Browns to a single playoff in the 5 years he's been there.
Well it does kinda surprise me the Browns got rid of Crennel due to the fact he just got a contract extension after a decent season last season. But, it shows how short of a memory some owners have. I think they should have given him one more year just because the Browns were down to their 4th Qb and had a ton of other injuries that hurt them.
BCF4L Wrote:Well it does kinda surprise me the Browns got rid of Crennel due to the fact he just got a contract extension after a decent season last season. But, it shows how short of a memory some owners have. I think they should have given him one more year just because the Browns were down to their 4th Qb and had a ton of other injuries that hurt them.

I believe what got Crennel fired was the expectations this years team had going into the season.
The Browns coach shouldn't be fired. What type of season do you expect when your pro-bowler quarterback isn't near as good and none of your players are really trying?

I don't know too much about the New York Jets coach. I thought he made a great trade for Brett Favre. (It made the team a division contender)
Shanahan is the shocker but the way that the Broncos finished it probably shouldn't be.