Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No mayflies near mining sites!
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:I would be worried If I took anything you said seriously also, because that would mean I would have the same self-centered, un-educated views that you have.

You prove my point that the ignorant have no place in a real scientific debate.

It's like DW has said, it starts with mayflies, then its the fish, then the game animals, and ends with us. In order to really control a problem you need to stop it before it gets out of hand, and it's starting to get out of control as we speak.

Coal mining has been around for centuries and has ruined ZERO ecosystems. More ultraliberal sky is falling bunk. Some people aren't happy unless they are whining. I didn't know that stating a few flies are missing and concluding that we're next qualified as scientific debate.Smile
jetpilot Wrote:Coal mining has been around for centuries and has ruined ZERO ecosystems. More ultraliberal sky is falling bunk. Some people aren't happy unless they are whining. I didn't know that stating a few flies are missing and concluding that we're next qualified as scientific debate.Smile

Unless mountain removal was practiced in the 1800's, your point is pretty much junk.

I also never stated the sky was falling, or that we were all going to die tomorrow unless we done something now. I was just stating that we do have a problem, and we need to control it before things get so bad we cant change them. Instead of finding something to back up your point, which seems to be that we can destroy everything we want and nothing will change, you just take what I say, stretch it our of proportion, and then precede to mock something you most likely dont understand.

Judging by your comments, You probably wouldnt know what was or was not scientific.
It's mountaintop removal, and if personal attacks is all you have left to try to make a point, you should use pm's. You haven't backed up whatever your point is with anything.
jetpilot Wrote:It's mountaintop removal, and if personal attacks is all you have left to try to make a point, you should use pm's. You haven't backed up whatever your point is with anything.

My point is that mayflies are dissapearing, and are streams are being harmed by mining, try reading the title of the thread, and then try looking at the link in the first post. I believe that backs up my point pretty well!

Im not making personal attacks, im just stating what I have observed.

Can you show me one point, or one fact you have used in this thread? I actually cant remember you ever using any links to back anything you have ever said to me.
And since you seem to be unable to research anything, I can give you somewhere to start that backs up what I have been saying.

Try looking up the Environmental impact statement released in 2003 by the EPA, that shows MTR is harming water quality, and effecting aquatic life.
thecavemaster Wrote:Doesn't your question have the underlying assumption that human beings' ("the public") need for energy and willingness to pay extra for clean technologies will determine the fate of given species?

See below..
thecavemaster Wrote:Doesn't your question have the underlying assumption that human beings' ("the public") need for energy and willingness to pay extra for clean technologies will determine the fate of given species?

YES !!!

That's EXACTLY what it comes down to. That's a fact. Whether humans have the "right" is nothing but mental gymnastics having no basis in reality.

It's always about the money. If the public and corporations are willing to shell out, conservation is obtainable.

But if it happens.... The liberal complaint becomes, "The poor can't afford their heating bills !!"
Beetle01 Wrote:you obviously do, so run it down for us. What are the repercussions if the deer in the area around his mamaw's garden were to disappear? I guess ol' Mamaw will go extinct?
Yeah,.. that's it BeetleRolleyes.......

You should have paid more attention in Biology class, I don't get paid to explain to you how everything effects everything in an ecosystem.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:My point is that mayflies are dissapearing, and are streams are being harmed by mining, try reading the title of the thread, and then try looking at the link in the first post. I believe that backs up my point pretty well!

Im not making personal attacks, im just stating what I have observed.

Can you show me one point, or one fact you have used in this thread? I actually cant remember you ever using any links to back anything you have ever said to me.

And if I stated what I have observed I would get suspended.Wink
DevilsWin Wrote:You're Mamaw has no understanding of the Ecosystem that she lives in.

She's old and more of an understanding about a garden then both of us. Sad Less deer. More beans. Not so hard to understand.
jetpilot Wrote:And if I stated what I have observed I would get suspended.Wink

It's nice to know that youre the one with personal attacks, and nothing productive to say!

Were you being observant before posting this, and try to take time to research what I showed you? I doubt it.
DevilsWin Wrote:Yeah,.. that's it BeetleRolleyes.......

You should have paid more attention in Biology class, I don't get paid to explain to you how everything effects everything in an ecosystem.

Its a good thing you don't get paid, because you don't know. You accuse someone's mamaw of being ignorant, yet you yourself don't even know.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:1. Please show me where it has been PROVEN that the current warming trend is just a natural occurence! Warming periods do occur naturally, but not at this rate, something is contributing to the rapid warming, and it isn't nature.

Wow, you really are lost when it comes to understanding evolution. The adaption of species takes millions of years, no species will survive if their habitat is destroyed in just a few decades, like what is happening here.

Lamarck once had an idea that giraffes had long necks because they stretched them in order to reach food, and because their necks were long, their kids would be also, but this theory is completely wrong. Acquired traits do not enter you genetic makeup, and do not pass off to offspring. Just because I have developed the muscle strength to be a quick runner doesn't mean my kid will be.

Polar bears, mayflies, or whatever species will not adapt, or undergo genetic mutation quick enough to survive the rapid rate at which we are destroying the environment. The traits they have now, will also be in the next generation, and those species will not survive, and if one species dies out due to our changing of the environment, more are sure to follow.

Im doing my part to help, Im currently in a group that is trying to start some watershed, and water protection programs in this area to protect our aquatic life.

No Im not lost. LOL you attitude of thinking you know better than everyone else is a joke. Ive had many Biology and Ecology classes. You have that typicla young first couple years in college attitude. you think you're smarter than anyone else, because of whatever your Professor tells you. I learned a long time ago that not all my professors know best.

Now, you said that the Earth is warming at a rate than it ever has before? How could you possibly even know that? I was unaware our records went back millions of years, I didn't even know they went back thousands. Recently 650 scientists in the field of climatology spoke out against Man-Made global warming, saying there was no evidence that it is true.
DevilsWin Wrote:LOL This is one of the most sarcastic threads I've seen in a long time.

What if it were Deer that were disappearing. Would you all feel the same?

It starts with Mayflies, it ends with us.

We all got to go sometime. I know, lets spend millions of dollars to help the mayfly...Pitiful
Same thing with "aliens" If we would stop trying to find martians in outer space and spend some of the quadzillion dollars on the needy in this country, this place would be a better place to live.
Beetle01 Wrote:Its a good thing you don't get paid, because you don't know. You accuse someone's mamaw of being ignorant, yet you yourself don't even know.

Whatever man.
Beetle01 Wrote:No Im not lost. LOL you attitude of thinking you know better than everyone else is a joke. Ive had many Biology and Ecology classes. You have that typicla young first couple years in college attitude. you think you're smarter than anyone else, because of whatever your Professor tells you. I learned a long time ago that not all my professors know best.

Now, you said that the Earth is warming at a rate than it ever has before? How could you possibly even know that? I was unaware our records went back millions of years, I didn't even know they went back thousands. Recently 650 scientists in the field of climatology spoke out against Man-Made global warming, saying there was no evidence that it is true.

You must have done bad in those biology classes, because your post showed a lack of knowledge on how evolution works, which is the core component of biology.

I don't think I know better than everyone else, they're are a lot of people that have far superior knowledge than I do, some of them are probably on this site, but judging from your post I do feel secure in saying that I know more about biology than you.

The simple answer to how we know the earth is warming at the fastest known pace is by the melting of the Ice caps. The last ice age, which was around 11,500 years ago was set into motion by natural events, such as the earths rotation, and the position of the sun, those changes occurred slowly, over thousands of years, this time it's different. Things are happening at a lost faster rate than any other climate change we know about.

So 600 scientist say it's untrue, while around 90% of scientist believe it is occurring, and most of them believe humans are partly to blame. I believe I would go with the 90%. I don't necessarily believe that global warming is going to end the world in the next 10 years, or that it's the cause of all the recent weather changes, but it is something we should be concerned about.

There was a list released recently by "The heartland institute" Listing 500 scientist that said global warming wasn't true. A lot of the scientist did have doubts, but not with global warming, it was about the list released by heartland. Some of the scientist had been speaking for years with the complete opposite view they where represented as having in the release by heartland. The list was a joke and listed some that had been dead for several years. I don't know if this is the list you are talking about, but most stuff like that is pretty much crap, released by right wing groups that are struggling for someone to share their view, and protect their oil buddies.

http://www.desmogblog.com/500-scientists...-institute

The debate about whether the warming is in part due to fossil fuels is pretty much over, and has been for a while. Scientist where predicting a increase in CO2 and temperatures in the 1970's. The myth of "global cooling" was mostly just hog-wash and was pushed hard in the media, while the majority of scientist said warming would occur.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/3022...ing02.html

http://www.skepticalscience.com/ice-age-...-1970s.htm

http://www.livescience.com/environment/0...wrong.html
blitz43 Wrote:We all got to go sometime. I know, lets spend millions of dollars to help the mayfly...Pitiful
Same thing with "aliens" If we would stop trying to find martians in outer space and spend some of the quadzillion dollars on the needy in this country, this place would be a better place to live.

lol, almost ever post I have read that opposes me is a joke. You have nothing to use to debate me, so you talk about aliens. Wow, I guess I just added another person my "don't take seriously" list.

It would be my guess that spending money to assure us of clean water, would be helping the needy, but thats just my opinion.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:lol, almost ever post I have read that opposes me is a joke. You have nothing to use to debate me, so you talk about aliens. Wow, I guess I just added another person my "don't take seriously" list.

It would be my guess that spending money to assure us of clean water, would be helping the needy, but thats just my opinion.

:thatsfunn You know next to nothing, but you do have a bright future in stand-up comedy.
oneijoe Wrote: YES !!!

That's EXACTLY what it comes down to. That's a fact. Whether humans have the "right" is nothing but mental gymnastics having no basis in reality.

It's always about the money. If the public and corporations are willing to shell out, conservation is obtainable.

But if it happens.... The liberal complaint becomes, "The poor can't afford their heating bills !!"

The poor often can't afford their heating bills. That's a fact. Whether it's their fault or not is nothing but mental gymnastics.
jetpilot Wrote::thatsfunn You know next to nothing, but you do have a bright future in stand-up comedy.

What have you done to prove my lack of knowledge? I don't remember you trying to disprove me, so until you have anything bright, or productive to add to this thread, I won't take you seriously.
If you do not like mining or coal then leave .coal is the life blood of eastern Kentucky like it or not. All thjs whining does is cost jobs that the people who live and want to work need.
thecavemaster Wrote:The poor often can't afford their heating bills. That's a fact. Whether it's their fault or not is nothing but mental gymnastics.

Wow !! Didn't realize the previous debate on taxation made such an impression... Smile
buster Wrote:If you do not like mining or coal then leave .coal is the life blood of eastern Kentucky like it or not. All thjs whining does is cost jobs that the people who live and want to work need.

So anytime there's something we don't agree with, we should just pack up and move out? Sorry but that's not the America I live in. I have just as much of a right to this land as any coal company, whether they are from this state or not. Ive had many generations of my family live here, and I wont to do my part to protect the beauty of this area.

You are just another one of the people who have the false perception that we can not survive without coal, and think anyone who doesn't like Mountain top removal only wants to take away jobs. I don't wish for anyone to lose thier jobs, but I believe we needs jobs that not only help the economy but also protect the environment.
oneijoe Wrote:Wow !! Didn't realize the previous debate on taxation made such an impression... Smile

Explain.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:So anytime there's something we don't agree with, we should just pack up and move out? Sorry but that's not the America I live in. I have just as much of a right to this land as any coal company, whether they are from this state or not. Ive had many generations of my family live here, and I wont to do my part to protect the beauty of this area.

You are just another one of the people who have the false perception that we can not survive without coal, and think anyone who doesn't like Mountain top removal only wants to take away jobs. I don't wish for anyone to lose thier jobs, but I believe we needs jobs that not only help the economy but also protect the environment.

Thats right to your land not mine or anyone elses everyone in the America I live in should have the right to do with ther land as they please, and not be bull dozed buy so call environmentalist
jetpilot Wrote:When fly swatters are outlawed only outlaws will own fly swatters.
Smile
buster Wrote:Thats right to your land not mine or anyone elses everyone in the America I live in should have the right to do with ther land as they please, and not be bull dozed buy so call environmentalist

Don't believe any "environmentalist" would bulldoze land, and you probably wouldnt even know what a true "environmentalist" stand for.

The coal company has the right to buy the land, and do with that land what they wont, but when their actions endanger my health, then I have the right to speak up.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:Don't believe any "environmentalist" would bulldoze land, and you probably wouldnt even know what a true "environmentalist" stand for.

The coal company has the right to buy the land, and do with that land what they wont, but when their actions endanger my health, then I have the right to speak up.

Then sell
buster Wrote:Then sell

Sell what?

Like I said before, I will not be bullied to change my mind, or move off, because things aren't happening the way they should.
buster Wrote:Then sell
That would be Giving up, Quitting, Loosing.

Giving up, Quitting and Loosing may be how you live your life Buster, but I don't think Coach believes in any of those tactics.

:rockon: