•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pikeville Coach?
Lambert #1 Wrote:Regardless who get's the job they will have a hard time winning for a while over there. The feeder system is in chaos and it will have to be completely overhauled and it will take a while to repair the damage at the high school. Winning is not something you can turn on and off like a light switch. There is plenty of tradition over there and I would love to see Pikeville return to glory but don't think it can be done in one or two years. No matter who you all hire please give them a chance to take a few years to get things straightened out and be willing to take some losses in the process because it will be a long road back to glory guys. Would Ben and Mcnamee work together, better yet could they work together. It would be interesting to see how that turns out since both of them are offensive minded, who would run the defense or will that be someone else? Just questions and comments you know everyone has an opinion and mine is that I'm glad Hillard is staying in Letcher County.

I know for a fact that several middle school games were cancelled this year due to what the coach said as not having enough to play. Not having enough to field a middle school team does not translate good for the high school team for 3 or 4 years. They definately need to get that program going again.
blitzingback Wrote:I know for a fact that several middle school games were cancelled this year due to what the coach said as not having enough to play. Not having enough to field a middle school team does not translate good for the high school team for 3 or 4 years. They definately need to get that program going again.

The right coach will have them out in droves. There is a ton of talent in the halls of Pikeville Elementary and HS.
any news on the Pikeville job, when are they planning on making their hire. Have they interviewed any coaches and are there any new names out there?
ZoneRead Wrote:I believe Pikeville was an excellent academic school when Coach Howard was winning state championships.

When Pikeville won the State Championship in 1989 they had a starting lineman who was the Captain of the State Champion Academic team the same year.
blitzingback Wrote:I know for a fact that several middle school games were cancelled this year due to what the coach said as not having enough to play. Not having enough to field a middle school team does not translate good for the high school team for 3 or 4 years. They definately need to get that program going again.

I think they purposlly cancelled a few games because they new they were going to lose
Pond creek nation Wrote:I think they purposlly cancelled a few games because they new they were going to lose
That's just sad.Sad
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:That's just sad.Sad

That guy is making it up. Read all his posts and it will tell you all you need to know.Rolleyes
Lets face it.....Pikeville had reached Mediocrity and unless Bobby Deramus, and Honaker finds some more eligibility then Pikeville will remain average.
That is not true, the grade school team went two weeks without playing because of illness in the head coaches family. Then they tried to makeup those games too fast by playing 4 games in one week. Injuries and suspensions because of grades reduced the team to 13 players which lead to canceling 2 games. My opinion is that the coaching staff scheduled too many games this year. The 8th grade team played 17 games.
jetpilot Wrote:That guy is making it up. Read all his posts and it will tell you all you need to know.Rolleyes
I should have stated IF TRUE THIS IS SAD.
So does anyone know if a decision has been made and if so whom and when will it be released
I think it is hilarious that the Pikeville people already have a coach in place and the Principal has not even interviewed people yet.
I'm excited to find out who the new coach is going to be. Does anyone know who the panthers have returning for them.
allseasonfan Wrote:I think it is hilarious that the Pikeville people already have a coach in place and the Principal has not even interviewed people yet.

He's already met with who he needs to meet with.
So operation Valkyrie is in effect!!!!:lmao:
pikecountyfootball Wrote:That is not true, the grade school team went two weeks without playing because of illness in the head coaches family. Then they tried to makeup those games too fast by playing 4 games in one week. Injuries and suspensions because of grades reduced the team to 13 players which lead to canceling 2 games. My opinion is that the coaching staff scheduled too many games this year. The 8th grade team played 17 games.

That is true. I know for a fact that they cancelled their games with Hazard's middleschool. Hazards middleschool coach would call, Pikevilles coach would say they would be there and not show up. I know Hazard was scheduled to play them at least 2 times during the regular season, then they forfeited the playoff game as well. Be careful before you accuse someone of lying. I've got better things to do than try to think up untruths.
I hope a new face comes in. Coach, you did a fine job. Wish you the best of Luck.
blitzingback Wrote:That is true. I know for a fact that they cancelled their games with Hazard's middleschool. Hazards middleschool coach would call, Pikevilles coach would say they would be there and not show up. I know Hazard was scheduled to play them at least 2 times during the regular season, then they forfeited the playoff game as well. Be careful before you accuse someone of lying. I've got better things to do than try to think up untruths.

They did cancel a Saturday game with Hazard because 8 boys showed up at the school to go to the game. My son being one of them. I don't recall the other Hazard game. And they did drop out of the playoff because of the lack of players.
I can't wait to see who the next coach is. I'm real excited to find out. When are they going to make a decesion
I am excited too and i want to see someone get the program back on track so that Pikeville will be a dominating class A team again like the old days!!
Anybody heard any names of coaches that have applied? Will they be able to bring any assistants with them?
Is it true that Hillard Howard spoke at one of the local meetings ? The meeting was with the school administration and boosters.
Saunders from Valley would fit great here.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:Saunders from Valley would fit great here.

Horrible fit. Won't be considered. No offense, don't know him, and just my own personal guess.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:Saunders from Valley would fit great here.

Three words, "OIL AND WATER"
Have they interviewed anyone for the job yet, anything from this new selection committee?
Someone told me that the job had to be advertised for a month before they could interview. I have heard that there several candidates from outside the area or state who have applied. I would say one of them would be hired that has no ties to anyone and can build a program. I was told that by a friend who works in the system.
allseasonfan Wrote:Someone told me that the job had to be advertised for a month before they could interview. I have heard that there several candidates from outside the area or state who have applied. I would say one of them would be hired that has no ties to anyone and can build a program. I was told that by a friend who works in the system.

They've already offered it to one candidate, who is not an "outsider."
By outsider, do you mean out of State or out of Pikeville?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:They've already offered it to one candidate, who is not an "outsider."

Is this person going to take the job, spring practice is looming right around the corner and I would assume they would want to fill this job asap. It is getting kinda late. To build a staff and get everything going in the right direction they need to get started ASAP. Spring practice more than likely begins in a month for most schools and that is so important for a new coach to at least get his coaching philosophy across to the kids, not to mention weightroom and assistant coaches. Also you had mentioned some conditions needing to be met by the Pikeville administration in a previous post, any word if that is going to come to fruition.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next