•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pikeville Coach?
So if Ben doesn't take the job, it seems like it is his if it wants it, who would be next in line. Would Coach Mac take the job after the way he was pushed out for Jackson last time around, or would they go out of county to hire. I though Champman would be a good hire, but obviously the Hawks have picked him up. Any thoughts......
jakethesnake Wrote:Listen Zone Read, apparently your taking this forum a little to seriously. Now, I want to get across to everybody on here that I'm sure not saying money = wins. What I am saying, is that money can make a lot of other things happen that can = wins. I don't care what Mayo says about wins, maybe he says that because he's never expereinced winning since he's probably the worse thing that ever happened to Pikeville High School sports (worst coach for sure); if this team ever starts winning again, he along with the rest of the "administration" will change their minds. The "administration" along with the football crazies in the community are the ones that are going to get this boy hired. These community meetings that are happening........what do you think is going on there Zone Read??? The administration is going to listen, and if the wins come tehre will never be statements like the one tha tyou said Mayo mentioned. And as far as the community paying the salary, maybe not on paper, but they can make a huge differenc ein teh decisions that go down around here I'll tell you that!

If this so called community support is so great then why would they sit back and let Pikeville football program be run in the ground by the current administration. Any coach will tell you that the success of his program depends greatly on that of his administration. The Pikeville community will get the same old con job that they have got in the past. Hire a coach and things will be OK. Changing coaches is not the answer to the problems with Pikeville's football. Ben Howard is a great young man and coach and I believe he knows what it takes to be successful in coaching. The community will not be for the coach when he is not winning like they done in the late 80's. Having his hands tied behind his back and forced to do things that he knows is not in the best interest of building a championship program will lead to the failure of the next Pikeville football coach. If these so called crazy football fans want what they had in the past. Fix the problem and quit beating around the bush.
cheeseforme Wrote:So if Ben doesn't take the job, it seems like it is his if it wants it, who would be next in line. Would Coach Mac take the job after the way he was pushed out for Jackson last time around, or would they go out of county to hire. I though Champman would be a good hire, but obviously the Hawks have picked him up. Any thoughts......

Mac is the best fit for Pikeville and the current attitude towards football that is in place at Pikeville.
Watch and see....................................:moon:
jakethesnake Wrote:Watch and see....................................:moon:

We have been watching and we have seen.
I like to be optomistic - pessimism is for failures.

Go Panthers, go Coach Ben Howard and bring this program back! If for nothing else to prove that the "ADMINISTRATION" does not win or lose games for a school.....:letsparty
Did I miss something......???? Has Ben Howard been hired??
ZoneRead Wrote:I say Mac is the next Pikeville coach. Why? Because he is the better fit for the current Pikeville administration. Reminds me of a old Johnny Cash song; I walk the Line

Exactly!
jakethesnake Wrote:Surely to God those boys wouldn't do that! I can't imagine picking up that job?? If Ben gets the job offer from Pikeville High School he'd better take it! He sure as heck isn't going to get any better offers as far as salary and support from the community go. Plus, If I were him, I'd be thanking my lucky stars that I was even considered and that's the truth.

Quit begging! Other than good parent support and support from frank justice, what is so appealing about this job?
ZoneRead Wrote:Ben, if he takes the job will be working for the same administration that done Copley in. The community will not be paying the salary of the coach. If the coach don't do what he is told then the same will happen to Ben. Why then is Pikeville football program not winning if money brings support, talent and wins?The Pikeville principal already made the comment that wins are not important to him. What kind of support from the administration do you think Ben would have with this kind of attitude? The coach who ever coaches Pikeville in the future better have the administration behind him to get the program back to the elite or I say it will not happen. Community support is good but the coaches success depends on the administration that he is working for.

Very true statement! His own dad has even said that the admin. has to change before the program could be built back up.
Can I ask a question? Does the Principal hire for the coach?
allseasonfan Wrote:Can I ask a question? Does the Principal hire for the coach?

Yes and he hired the one that he just let go after one season. Also he will hire the next one when who ever takes the job fails to meet the communities expectations do to the lack of support and policies that need to be put into place for Pikeville football to get back on top.
cheeseforme Wrote:So if Ben doesn't take the job, it seems like it is his if it wants it, who would be next in line. Would Coach Mac take the job after the way he was pushed out for Jackson last time around, or would they go out of county to hire. I though Champman would be a good hire, but obviously the Hawks have picked him up. Any thoughts......
Coach Mac was not pushed out of Pikeville. Central offered him more freedom to do what he wanted and a job for his wife so he left.
allseasonfan Wrote:Can I ask a question? Does the Principal hire for the coach?
No the principle does not soley make the hire. Mayo is one of seven on a committee to decide the hire. They had a committee when they hired jackson and im pretty sure a committee to hire copley, although those had only 5 members and were different people unless i am much mistaken

So no Mayo does not make whatever hire he wants
ZoneRead Wrote:Yes and he hired the one that he just let go after one season. Also he will hire the next one when who ever takes the job fails to meet the communities expectations do to the lack of support and policies that need to be put into place for Pikeville football to get back on top.
In case you didnt know Jackson left because he wanted to after 2 years. Copley was let go because of questionable teaching. not caoching.
EASports12 Wrote:In case you didnt know Jackson left because he wanted to after 2 years. Copley was let go because of questionable teaching. not caoching.

If Copley had questionable teaching problems then why would Mayo hire him to be the head football coach. He must have just become a bad teacher after he become head coach. Who decides who is going to be on this hiring smoke screen by the way.
EASports12 Wrote:Coach Mac was not pushed out of Pikeville. Central offered him more freedom to do what he wanted and a job for his wife so he left.

This statement is exactly what is wrong with the Pikeville job. Think about what you just said. Mac must have thought that he was in jail and in hand cuffs.
EASports12 Wrote:In case you didnt know Jackson left because he wanted to after 2 years. Copley was let go because of questionable teaching. not caoching.

Jackson left for a better job than Pikeville. I say you are right in this statement also. I would also think that coach Copley is much better off at Greenup now also.
Pikeville will not change no matter who the next coach is.
^^Keep telling yourself that.
Interviews today. Who got the job?
UKisN1 Wrote:Interviews today. Who got the job?

Waiting on the committee to tally up the vote. Only problem is that Ben Howard has already been offered the job before the interview process started.
Why bother with the process then?
UKisN1 Wrote:Why bother with the process then?

Because Pikeville does things the right way.
When is the decision going to be announced?
Sorry to disagree but Jackson left after 3 years because his "Meal Ticket" graduated.
gobigblue65 Wrote:When is the decision going to be announced?
From what Ive been told we should be hearing somethin in the next week or so.
ZoneRead Wrote:Pikeville will not change no matter who the next coach is.
Wow ZR! You sure seem to be real concerned with Pikeville Football all of a sudden. Ive saw you posted alot in the LCC threads and even started one of your own. Could it be that you want to come on here and trash the Pikeville job any way you can in a desperate hope that Ben might change his mind and stay at Whitesburg????? I can see your hidden agenda from a mile away!
ZoneRead Wrote:Because Pikeville does things the right way.
Is that tongue in cheek?
Phil McCavity Wrote:What IF, Hillard is hired at Pikeville College and wants Ben to be his OC?

I dont see this happening...
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next