•  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pikeville Coach?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Wow ZR! You sure seem to be real concerned with Pikeville Football all of a sudden. Ive saw you posted alot in the LCC threads and even started one of your own. Could it be that you want to come on here and trash the Pikeville job any way you can in a desperate hope that Ben might change his mind and stay at Whitesburg????? I can see your hidden agenda from a mile away!

Pikeville don't need no help in trashing the Pikeville job. They do a good job doing that themselves.
ZoneRead Wrote:Pikeville don't need no help in trashing the Pikeville job. They do a good job doing that themselves.
"Dont need no"......:Clap:
Kosar Wrote:"Dont need no"......:Clap:

I would love to see Ben coaching at Pikeville next year. That being said I don't think that Ben will take the job unless the administration gives him what he wants. If they do I think Ben will get the job done. If not same as the past coaching situations that took place at Pikeville.
ZoneRead Wrote:If Copley had questionable teaching problems then why would Mayo hire him to be the head football coach. He must have just become a bad teacher after he become head coach. Who decides who is going to be on this hiring smoke screen by the way.
It could be argued that copley showed some favoritism to players in the classroom. as i understand it no students complained about it until this year and some incidents piled up against him and he was let go.

I dont know who decides the committee but includes largely former players who now play a big role in support for the program and are a big part of the community. they include Bob Shurtleff, Bill Staggs, Gene Davis, Dr Greg Hackney, Dr Jody Brown, Kevin Garris (who is the AD), and Mayo
ZoneRead Wrote:This statement is exactly what is wrong with the Pikeville job. Think about what you just said. Mac must have thought that he was in jail and in hand cuffs.
Well if he did then why would he be interested in coming back? Mac played for Pikeville In the late 80s and knows exactly whats expected of a Pikeville team
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Wow ZR! You sure seem to be real concerned with Pikeville Football all of a sudden. Ive saw you posted alot in the LCC threads and even started one of your own. Could it be that you want to come on here and trash the Pikeville job any way you can in a desperate hope that Ben might change his mind and stay at Whitesburg????? I can see your hidden agenda from a mile away!

I agree, I sense some hostility.
EASports12 Wrote:Well if he did then why would he be interested in coming back? Mac played for Pikeville In the late 80s and knows exactly whats expected of a Pikeville team

Could be that he needs a coaching job.
These are is just some of my opinions.
1. I have total respect for Coach Howard as a Christian, person and a family man. He is and always be Mr. Pikeville Football.
2. But I am sure Coach Howard just did not come in and win 3 straight Championships.
3. It takes time, dedication, hard work, sacrifice and letting a coach and his staff develope their program, in any sport.
4. But it is sad to say that I have come to understand that the community and administration, both in the city schools and county school, seems to be in that mind set of "Instant Gratification". .
I can only hope that the community and administration will give the next coach time to return Pikeville to a championship level.
"You can not build a house by starting to build the roof first, you have to start at the foundation and there is no where to go but up!"
I don't even know if the man would do it and I can't speak for him but Mike Jones would be the perfect man for the job at Pikeville. Estill lead the state in rushing the past couple years and what he brings to the table would be a perfect fit.
P.C.Defense Wrote:I don't even know if the man would do it and I can't speak for him but Mike Jones would be the perfect man for the job at Pikeville. Estill lead the state in rushing the past couple years and what he brings to the table would be a perfect fit.

I believe the interview process is over and the job is Ben Howards if he takes it. Mac's job if Ben turns them down. Did Jones get a interview?
P.C.Defense Wrote:I don't even know if the man would do it and I can't speak for him but Mike Jones would be the perfect man for the job at Pikeville. Estill lead the state in rushing the past couple years and what he brings to the table would be a perfect fit.

Johnson Central lead the state in rushing last season and the last time I checked Max Preps they were ranked #1 in the nation with 5,986 yards on the ground.

I agree, Ben is the man and they will announce something soon....hopefully they will give him time to work and build a program.
IRISH4 Wrote:Johnson Central lead the state in rushing last season and the last time I checked Max Preps they were ranked #1 in the nation with 5,986 yards on the ground.

I agree, Ben is the man and they will announce something soon....hopefully they will give him time to work and build a program.

Those max preps stats are never correct because anybody can call in and give whatever stat they want, it's never checked or confirmed.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Those max preps stats are never correct because anybody can call in and give whatever stat they want, it's never checked or confirmed.

I'm not sure if they submitted their final stats to the KHSAA, but I believe they passed Mercer Co's record from a few years back.
IRISH4 Wrote:I'm not sure if they submitted their final stats to the KHSAA, but I believe they passed Mercer Co's record from a few years back.
To get back on topic I heard over the weekend that a decision could be made as early as Monday.
I think it is a done deal now, and that the new coach will be hired Monday. That is from a very reliable source. Hope it works out great for all involved.
cheeseforme Wrote:I think it is a done deal now, and that the new coach will be hired Monday. That is from a very reliable source. Hope it works out great for all involved.

"Who" are you hearing is going to be hired Monday?
All I can see is Pikeville should feel very lucky! I think they got what they wanted
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:To get back on topic I heard over the weekend that a decision could be made as early as Monday.

:thumpsup: I agree with Hail Pikeville. According to my conversation yesterday with a very reliable source, sounds like Ben is the man along with Coach Mac. If this is the case, great job by the selection committee and good luck to our Panthers.
Big Five-0- Wrote::thumpsup: I agree with Hail Pikeville. According to my conversation yesterday with a very reliable source, sounds like Ben is the man along with Coach Mac. If this is the case, great job by the selection committee and good luck to our Panthers.

I hope you are right. This would revitalize Pikeville football in a HUUUUUUGGGGGE way!!!
jetpilot Wrote:I hope you are right. This would revitalize Pikeville football in a HUUUUUUGGGGGE way!!!
I agree. This will be a much needed shot in the arm for the program all the way around.
Big Five-0- Wrote::thumpsup: I agree with Hail Pikeville. According to my conversation yesterday with a very reliable source, sounds like Ben is the man along with Coach Mac. If this is the case, great job by the selection committee and good luck to our Panthers.

I told you all this about 5 pages ago...or i atleast tried to hint it without saying it.

I have heard this to and if this rumor is true that sounds like a great coac:letsparty hing staff!!!!
jetpilot Wrote:I hope you are right. This would revitalize Pikeville football in a HUUUUUUGGGGGE way!!!
HUUUUUUUUGGGEEE ??????????
Not really...typical..not huge though...guess the mayor's money won out huh?
Salimander Wrote:HUUUUUUUUGGGEEE ??????????
Not really...typical..not huge though...guess the mayor's money won out huh?

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE. If it happens, just sit back and watch and learn...Wink
Any word today on an announcement?
IRISH4 Wrote:Any word today on an announcement?
Its eerily quiet here in Pikeville right now but last I heard a decision had been reached. It wouldnt surprise me if an announcement was made at the Pikeville/ER game tonight.
Smile
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I told you all this about 5 pages ago...or i atleast tried to hint it without saying it.

Sounds like you were right on man, way to go!!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Its eerily quiet here in Pikeville right now but last I heard a decision had been reached. It wouldnt surprise me if an announcement was made at the Pikeville/ER game tonight.

It might be quiet because all those pretty cheerleaders are down in Orlando doing the Mountains Proud!Wink
Wait, I told you all along and I have nothing to do with Pikeville.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Its eerily quiet here in Pikeville right now but last I heard a decision had been reached. It wouldnt surprise me if an announcement was made at the Pikeville/ER game tonight.
Speaking of potential candidates and that bball game lol
  •  Previous
  • 13(current)
  • Next