•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pikeville Coach?
He sure has the football pedigree.. I wonder if he is interested.
allseasonfan Wrote:He sure has the football pedigree.. I wonder if he is interested.

The question is: Would Hillard allow him to take it.
ZoneRead Wrote:The question is: Would Hillard allow him to take it.

No truer words were ever spoken!!!! I would imagine Hillard still knows the ins and outs of Pikeville Football. Apparently there are more outs than in's lately.
allseasonfan Wrote:No truer words were ever spoken!!!! I would imagine Hillard still knows the ins and outs of Pikeville Football. Apparently there are more outs than in's lately.

Maybe the Ins can be changed so the outs can get back in.
:notworthy :Thumbs: :letsparty
ZoneRead Wrote:Maybe the Ins can be changed so the outs can get back in.
ZoneRead Wrote:Maybe the Ins can be changed so the outs can get back in.
Get this man a plaque.
I thought that B. Howard was being groomed for the LCC job when H. Howard retired?
I just read on a different thread that Coach Jones from Estill was leaving. I wonder if he's in the mix of new coaches. He ran a similar style of football, the double wing, that pikeville has been known to run in the past ( I think they stayed more with the single wing and power game though ). Just a thought.
blitzingback Wrote:I just read on a different thread that Coach Jones from Estill was leaving. I wonder if he's in the mix of new coaches. He ran a similar style of football, the double wing, that pikeville has been known to run in the past ( I think they stayed more with the single wing and power game though ). Just a thought.
I was JUST getting ready to post that myself. IF the other thread is true, Pkeville should really consider Coach Jones. He has been successfull at building a program and would definitely be an assett. His system would play very well at Pikeville.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Please do not force this thread to be closed like the other.

This thread is titled "New Pikeville Coach?", not anyone's thoughts about the administration.

The last thread was closed because of immature, borderline slanderous statements about teachers and administrators.

Watching closely.

No harm intended there FOX. I was just stating that there would have to be some changes before he would consider coming back to Pikeville.
In my opinion you need to get a coach who is in a position that everyone knows he is a good coach, but is a program that is difficult to get to his level. Then this coach my look towards a Pikeville as a place to lay his head at night. Everyone is naming these great coaches, that are great situations. Who would want to leave a Bell, Brethitt or Belfry, Johnson Central? A good experienced coach, who wants to come to a place like Pikeville and put in the hard work and become a great coach and program. I feel the tools are three, they just need to be oiled, cleaned and sharpened again. That is what it is going to take to get the job done in Pikeville. Not just hiring a coach to satisfy a player or players. Hire a coach who will force those players to a higher level.
The Swamp Fox Wrote:In my opinion you need to get a coach who is in a position that everyone knows he is a good coach, but is a program that is difficult to get to his level. Then this coach my look towards a Pikeville as a place to lay his head at night. Everyone is naming these great coaches, that are great situations. Who would want to leave a Bell, Brethitt or Belfry, Johnson Central? A good experienced coach, who wants to come to a place like Pikeville and put in the hard work and become a great coach and program. I feel the tools are three, they just need to be oiled, cleaned and sharpened again. That is what it is going to take to get the job done in Pikeville. Not just hiring a coach to satisfy a player or players. Hire a coach who will force those players to a higher level.

The problem with that is from the outside it seems Pikeville is not the place to make people work hard.

This will make how many coaches since Hillard retired?

They have to support the new coach and give him at least 4 years, hire him help at the HS or MS and leave the freaking politics at the church or business they originate from.

Pikeville has showed 0 patience in past 8 years for anything football wise......
I see what you are saying. I still think that the teams under Mike Jackson, played with class, determination and by the book technique.
The Howard's will stay at LCC!! Why? They got a solid franchise QB and the Howard's are gonna want to be part of that..
I honestly don't think it matter who Pikeville gets because they just don't have the talent the once did. Pikeville thinks making coaching changes is going to cure everything for them. They would rather complain about the coach rather than just getting out there and work hard to earn what they get.
EastKyMiner Wrote:I honestly don't think it matter who Pikeville gets because they just don't have the talent the once did. Pikeville thinks making coaching changes is going to cure everything for them. They would rather complain about the coach rather than just getting out there and work hard to earn what they get.

Some of that is true! Just think about when the Howards were at Shelby Valley. They had mediocre teams for the most part. Just goes to show, without the right support( other than parents) without the horses, the best of coaches don't stand a chance without some time and patience. Anyone who thinks they do is living in a dream world!
EastKyMiner Wrote:I honestly don't think it matter who Pikeville gets because they just don't have the talent the once did. Pikeville thinks making coaching changes is going to cure everything for them. They would rather complain about the coach rather than just getting out there and work hard to earn what they get.

The talent is there
The problem with Pikeville football is that there is no one in the school system that knows what it takes or how to put a championship football program on the field. When they do hire a coach he is only put in place to do what they want done and the way they think how a program should be run. Bottom line is: they are not willing to hire someone that knows what they are doing and turn the program over to them. Also most important, they are not willing to support the man when difficult decisions have to be made (not always the most popular with parents or special interest groups) are to be made that make or brake a program are to be made.

Hillard Howard is the reason Pikeville once had a football program. Hillard knew what it took to win at Pikeville. If Pikeville wants a winning program back at Pikeville they should bring him back or ask him who is the best man out there for the job.
ZoneRead Wrote:The problem with Pikeville football is that there is no one in the school system that knows what it takes or how to put a championship football program on the field. When they do hire a coach he is only put in place to do what they want done and the way they think how a program should be run. Bottom line is: they are not willing to hire someone that knows what they are doing and turn the program over to them. Also most important, they are not willing to support the man when difficult decisions have to be made (not always the most popular with parents or special interest groups) are to be made that make or brake a program.

Hillard Howard is the reason Pikeville once had a football program. Hillard knew what it took to win at Pikeville. If Pikeville wants a winning program back at Pikeville they should bring him back or ask him who is the best man out there for the job.

The programs that are playing in state championship games are there for a reason. They have a head coach that has championship level coaches on the staff that coach along with the head coach and the head coach is willing to let them run the offense and defense that wins on the high school level.
I know there is a coach that just took a team to the state championship that is very interested in the Pikeville position if it is actually going to be open. This guy has been coach of the year a couple of times and has won at a high level. He was part of championships as an assistant also. But, Pikeville would have to give him what he needs to win it all. He is in a good situation right now. I also know that he was one of the finalist for the Pikeville job when Jackson was hired. How do i know. I just got off the phone with him. Big Grin
His style is much like a Hilton and or a Hillard Howard. He would have been a great fit if they had hired him before I think Pikeville would have already played for a state title. He took over a decent program that was hovering around .500 and changed things around and had them playing for a state championship this year. :Clap:
Suspect Wrote:I know there is a coach that just took a team to the state championship that is very interested in the Pikeville position if it is actually going to be open. This guy has been coach of the year a couple of times and has won at a high level. He was part of championships as an assistant also. But, Pikeville would have to give him what he needs to win it all. He is in a good situation right now. I also know that he was one of the finalist for the Pikeville job when Jackson was hired. How do i know. I just got off the phone with him. Big Grin

Go ahead and hire him. Lets see how long he will stay.
Suspect Wrote:His style is much like a Hilton and or a Hillard Howard. He would have been a great fit if they had hired him before I think Pikeville would have already played for a state title. He took over a decent program that was hovering around .500 and changed things around and had them playing for a state championship this year. :Clap:

who?
Suspect Wrote:I know there is a coach that just took a team to the state championship that is very interested in the Pikeville position if it is actually going to be open. This guy has been coach of the year a couple of times and has won at a high level. He was part of championships as an assistant also. But, Pikeville would have to give him what he needs to win it all. He is in a good situation right now. I also know that he was one of the finalist for the Pikeville job when Jackson was hired. How do i know. I just got off the phone with him. Big Grin

I'd say Dixon, from Hazard,will definately consider coaching somewhere else, at least that's what he will say. That could be a good bargaining tool with the adminastration where he is right now, seeing how he just took Hazard to the State Finals. He may be serious about going somewhere, considering the talent he's going to lose this year. That group of Seniors at Hazard is/was a special group. Lok at their basketball team, they have also performed very well the last couple of years. Alot of talent at Hazard the past few seasons.
SportsKing Wrote:I'd say Dixon, from Hazard,will definately consider coaching somewhere else, at least that's what he will say. That could be a good bargaining tool with the adminastration where he is right now, seeing how he just took Hazard to the State Finals. He may be serious about going somewhere, considering the talent he's going to lose this year. That group of Seniors at Hazard is/was a special group. Lok at their basketball team, they have also performed very well the last couple of years. Alot of talent at Hazard the past few seasons.

He would be a good fit. He has a lot of discipline with those kids that get into trouble alot.
SportsKing Wrote:I'd say Dixon, from Hazard,will definately consider coaching somewhere else, at least that's what he will say. That could be a good bargaining tool with the adminastration where he is right now, seeing how he just took Hazard to the State Finals. He may be serious about going somewhere, considering the talent he's going to lose this year. That group of Seniors at Hazard is/was a special group. Lok at their basketball team, they have also performed very well the last couple of years. Alot of talent at Hazard the past few seasons.
Hazard's TALENT took them to state.
Hazard is a 1A school with A TON of talent that walks the halls year in and year out, it just took for someone to come in and develop what they had the right way and put in a scheme that could take them to the finals.....it's a good spot to be in.
Hazard lost a lot but they will still be a very good and dangerous team next year. They will be more senior dominated than this years team which will be dangerous and give the kids who played under the current stars time too shine. But whoever Pikeville gets they have there hands full trying to keep up with there standards.
Not Dixon. I don't want to mislead anyone. Is the position actually open?
Suspect Wrote:Not Dixon. I don't want to mislead anyone. Is the position actually open?

The Pikeville Job is open. Coach Coley told me that Royce Mayo told him just before Christmas that he would not be rehired as the Football Coach for next year.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next