•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Co. Central 2009
cheeseforme Wrote:King, everyone in Letcher County is anticipating the Dore's coming to our house next season. The only think that would make it better would be if your PA man suited up and could take a few licks himself!

Jordan AmisSmile ...Need i say more?..But like i said LCC will not be near as good without Banks
Changes are certainly in motion without Bank's. Not near as good without him is a bit harsh to state,though i see your logic. IMO they will be just as affective but in a different style. Looking ahead they are going in the right direction to win Region 2010-2011. The weight program is just now starting to yield its best results. Amis will be awesome next year for sure.:wieghts: :champ:
Charlie Banks will be greatly missed. Letcher will struggle without his leadership ability and his all-everything performances for the Cougars.

Good luck in 09 Letcher!
Two words for you boys. "Logan Johnson". LCC will miss Charlie's leadership and will to win but we will be alright with Mr. Johnson having the keys to this team. The overall talent level is rising and it will not all be on the shoulders of the QB as in the past. Names like Drew Bentley, Sidney Fields, Dustin Brown, Collins, Smith, Adams, Hall, Blair, Stewart, Maggard are just a few of them. The better years in Letcher County are yet to come.
U said it all papaw!!
Logan Johnson is just as good of a passing pocket quaterback as Banks is. However LCC will miss his leadership and playmaking ability.
king360 Wrote:Jordan AmisSmile ...Need i say more?..But like i said LCC will not be near as good without Banks

Jordan Amis? An undersized overrated quaterback as best I can tell. I assume your oppinion differs?
Educated Fan Wrote:Jordan Amis? An undersized overrated quaterback as best I can tell. I assume your oppinion differs?

do you assume he ran all over your defense?
Not my defense, I don't go to LCC. But run as he might any other circumstances, and we all know that game turns out diffrently. But I digress, a loss is indeed a loss. My comments earlier are my observations of Amis who will by no means, once again only in my opinion, run all over LCC next season. I do however refuse to get in a ****ing contest with a [I]child[I] who puts a picture of himself "dunking" for his avatar. But, once again I digress..........
Educated Fan Wrote:Not my defense, I don't go to LCC. But run as he might any other circumstances, and we all know that game turns out diffrently. But I digress, a loss is indeed a loss. My comments earlier are my observations of Amis who will by no means, once again only in my opinion, run all over LCC next season. I do however refuse to get in a ****ing contest with a [I]child[I] who puts a picture of himself "dunking" for his avatar. But, once again I digress..........

lol..you need to calmer down
king360 Wrote:do you assume he ran all over your defense?

Were you at that game, seriously!!! Its really sad that ya'll actually think you out played LCC, your mom's out yelled us, your PA announcer was way more rude than us, the referees were just plain pitiful, but out played by you guys............nnnaaa, ran over................definitely not. So really......see it for what it is............LUCKY.
cougar_chick Wrote:Were you at that game, seriously!!! Its really sad that ya'll actually think you out played LCC, your mom's out yelled us, your PA announcer was way more rude than us, the referees were just plain pitiful, but out played by you guys............nnnaaa, ran over................definitely not. So really......see it for what it is............LUCKY.

You can't be serious right now..outplayed us?..dont hardly think so..and as for the refs the most pitiful thing i saw a ref do was let a letcher player get by with kicking mud all over the fans that were standing next to the fence because he was losing and couldnt do anything else about it
yeah but the player got is helmet rippd of by jy amos!!! i was there and i saw but if u remember the last time pcc came to lcc 63-14 ring a bell!!!! you will see what i mean and ill be lmao at the dores of pcc!!!! Cougar football will be the most dominate team in the mountains and by far district 8 class 5A!!! and on your amos comment all i cam say is he better get comfortable with the ground cause he will on the turf all night long!!!!!!! NUFF SAID
cougar_54 Wrote:yeah but the player got is helmet rippd of by jy amos!!! i was there and i saw but if u remember the last time pcc came to lcc 63-14 ring a bell!!!! you will see what i mean and ill be lmao at the dores of pcc!!!! Cougar football will be the most dominate team in the mountains and by far district 8 class 5A!!! and on your amos comment all i cam say is he better get comfortable with the ground cause he will on the turf all night long!!!!!!! NUFF SAID

Wow!!! I dont know about being the best team in the Mountains now. Thats a bold statement if I have to say so myself. Your talking about teams like Breathitt Co, Johnson Central, Belfry, Hazard, P-burg, Corbin and others. I will say that district 8 will be wild open. Its not going to be a 1 or 2 man race its going to go down to the last game to decided who goes where and who does what. Now Dont get me wrong LCC is going to be good but some of these teams are going to be on the rise. Its going to be very competitive with 6 teams in that District,
cougar_54 Wrote:yeah but the player got is helmet rippd of by jy amos!!! i was there and i saw but if u remember the last time pcc came to lcc 63-14 ring a bell!!!! you will see what i mean and ill be lmao at the dores of pcc!!!! Cougar football will be the most dominate team in the mountains and by far district 8 class 5A!!! and on your amos comment all i cam say is he better get comfortable with the ground cause he will on the turf all night long!!!!!!! NUFF SAID

Are you serious right now? i"ve been playing here for 4 years now (LCC) , thats probably the dumbest thing i've ever heard......last season we got beat fair and square
The fans were wild and got inside our heads, we were the better team but were way 2 cocky coming into the game...Thats y i believe our under classmen are n for a rude awakening, they are way 2 cocky.
Good luck trying to stop a bigger stronger Johnson than last year. Amis is good but overated. Logan is by far the superior athlete. When PCC comes into LCC next year then the stomp down will be carried out first hand. It will be a decent game but LCC will pull away. Then the next two season's afterwards will not even be a question.
Here just something to think about.

If Coach Ben, goes to Pikeville, then what does that mean for Hillard? Does he stay? If not who takes over, Maggard or maybe Tony Sergant, or will it be an outsider? Also with rumors of Delano retiring and the passing away of coach Gose this would leave Letcher in shambles. It would be hard for them to be sucsessful next year having to learn a new Offensive and Defensice scheme.
king360 Wrote:You can't be serious right now..outplayed us?..dont hardly think so..and as for the refs the most pitiful thing i saw a ref do was let a letcher player get by with kicking mud all over the fans that were standing next to the fence because he was losing and couldnt do anything else about it

Well maybe the mud wouldnt have came up there if smack wasnt getting dished down to the field.........dont matter now though, cause who made it to the Regional Finals?? And who didnt.
Btw the avitar is pretty lame bro, just sayn'Big Grin
I can't speak for that. I do not know enough about Ben. If he goes he goes. Hillard will stick around a couple more years IMO. However if there for some strange reason for a total split like you opined then yeah it would be a wreck. We have to maintain a high level Coach to use our talent effectively. So in that case i would hope they bring in an outsider with credentials and new ideas. Tht is going to be very hard with nothing in Letcher Co. They have to get some industry aside from the coal. I do not worry at all about the offense if Ben splits. Hillard is in total control and always has been. If Ben goes then we are thankful for his service and wish him well but he is leaving a program that is going to state in the next three yrs.
Honestly though why would Hillard stay? Ben would already have a HC job so no reason for him to stay unless he just wants to try and finish the job. We all now he's having a hard time with the decision due to family issues, so if the speculation about Ben is right I think Hillard is gone. Also what about Delano? I don't think he would stay through another coach either. This is all mostly speculation on my part.
the cougars were good this year
Ben don't leave us. We love you.
First of all if Ben takes the Pikeville job I hope he is as successful as his father was there. I want to thank him for everything he has done here at LCC and for what he has done for the kids. Hillard and Delano Thomas will be back thats 100 %.
King 360 you must have watched a different game than what i watched. The Travis kid was the straw that stirred the drink on the PCC team. Amis is not half the player travis was. We will find out what kind of player he really is next year without Travis. Trust me LCC Logan Johnson is already stronger and bigger and has the better arm than Amis.
Wow,
OldJacket is hooked up and his info is usually right on target. Sounds like the future is solid in Letcher County.
Will Hillard stay at Letcher if Ben goes to Pikeville? I hope so but Ben sure did a lot of the coaching up here.
Hillard Well Stay Ok Lets Move On
2009-2010 Cougars will be ready trust me. Charlie Banks and Caleb Frazier will be missed , but they left something for these younger kids to shoot for and that is a trip to Bowling Green next year. They got the talent the question is how bad do they want it ?
Its official now that Ben has vacated the campus! What coaching billets will likely change now at LCC? It seems there is some debate as to who had the reigns to the offense. If you played under both Hillard and Ben what is your take. How much do you feel it will affect the style of play? What impact will it have on the players mentally? Can somebody with better insight than me spell this out!!!!!!!!!!
I can tell you from experience, if Hillard calls the offense, you will see the wishbone. You will hear 56 all night long and when he gets upset, he will run 30.
Hilbily Wrote:Its official now that Ben has vacated the campus! What coaching billets will likely change now at LCC? It seems there is some debate as to who had the reigns to the offense. If you played under both Hillard and Ben what is your take. How much do you feel it will affect the style of play? What impact will it have on the players mentally? Can somebody with better insight than me spell this out!!!!!!!!!!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next