Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville 74 - Kentucky 71
Seemed like Louisville could not miss in this game, hitting 3 after 3 and Kentucky couldn't get anything from the outside to fall late in the game. The technical on Gillispie really hurt the Wildcats down the stretch and the Cards played excellent defense on Meeks which led to a ton of turnovers early in the game.

On the bright side of things for UK, we never give up, Porter played solid, Patterson dominated, and we owned the boards.

Congrats Cards!
PC_You_Know Wrote:dude, your team won, alright, but your team lost to Western, who lost to Evansville by 32! Don't make it out like Louisville is that good.

Lets not forget about the VMI game
Red deserved this win more. They forced KY into a buch of turnovers and capitalized on them. That, and that tremendous shot by Sosa. It was a pretty good game to watch.
Beef Wrote:I actually don't know how UK was in this game. Louisville shot lights out all night and UK got back into their turnover fest. UL averages 35% from three land of the season and shot 55% tonight and average 65% from the line but shot 83% tonight.

UK needs a 3rd scorer (like everyone is saying) if they want to be competitive. But I did enjoy the "never give up" attitude by the Cats in the final minute!

Very strong Post :thumpsup:

I'm not sure that UK has that scorer this year. I've not seen any of the Freshman improve enough consistency to be that player. Porter can give you 8-10 at best, Stephenson is not a scorer (but is the #3 scorer on the team), and Harris just doesn't look right. If you want to create more shots for the Cats, they have to get the ball inside to Patterson. He is a great passer, thus when he gets doubled, he can kick-out. So to me, find a way to get the ball to Patterson more, and let him help you find a third scorer. Wink
dore20 Wrote:.... Patterson did not even dominate the game without Samuels in. If he was in it would have just been worse for uk.
Patterson had 24 points and 15 rebounds. I think thats right. Those are some pretty dominating numbers.

Pattersons play may have been the reason Samuals was on the bench. Samuals was outmatched.
FBALL Wrote:Patterson had 24 points and 15 rebounds. I think thats right. Those are some pretty dominating numbers.

Pattersons play may have been the reason Samuals was on the bench. Samuals was outmatched.
:thumpsup:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Seemed like Louisville could not miss in this game, hitting 3 after 3 and Kentucky couldn't get anything from the outside to fall late in the game. The technical on Gillispie really hurt the Wildcats down the stretch and the Cards played excellent defense on Meeks which led to a ton of turnovers early in the game.

On the bright side of things for UK, we never give up, Porter played solid, Patterson dominated, and we owned the boards.

Congrats Cards!

:thumpsup:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Did Landon play any?

I did not see Slone on any stats given anywhere? Must be in Gillispie's dog house. Easy to get there.
dortonite Wrote:I did not see Slone on any stats given anywhere? Must be in Gillispie's dog house. Easy to get there.

I think it was a good game not putting him in during a game like this...would have liked to see it though
dore20 Wrote:.... Patterson did not even dominate the game without Samuels in. If he was in it would have just been worse for uk.

I'm sorry but Samuels is overrated...He does not look like the high school player of the year.
Let me just say this i hate SOSA.
Heart-breaking loss for Uk. But, I like how Uk never gave up.

Good luck Cats in the rest of the season!
This most be a **** of a game. To bad i miss it. I just have to watch the last showing of it, if it come on tonight.
Congrats Cards!

The early turnovers killed UK-put them in a whole they spent the rest of the game tryin to crawl out of.

With that said---Patterson is the man! We better enjoy him while we got him. Meeks had the hot hand 1st half ---but I thought forced some shots in the 2nd.

Porter handled the ball pretty well----wish he had stepped up just one more step towards Sosa---but then he would have probably driven by---just don't know.....

The TO's kill us---but they can be overcome. The Big thing that holds UK back is the lack of a 3rd scorer---someone who can average 12-14 a game. Harris ain't gonna be that---and I thought he hurt us today. Dont see Miller being that right now either. Cant figure out Gillespie's subbing patterns for the life of me---I feel like he never gives anyone enough time to "get comfortable" ---oh well....

I'm also ticked Slone didn't get in at all---but I figure the "thought" was he couldnt handle the pace of the game---I think he could have surprised---saw him light Scotty Hopson up for about 25 in a very fast paced game.

I WANNA PUKE.....
It sucks but at least we won the football game...

I am mad that we lost, sure but I am more mad that Minn. and Tubby beat Louisville.
Its pretty suprising to me that Louisville fans can be so pleased by this win. Because the narowly escaped a loss on their home floor to a team that turned the ball over 20+ times. Had a 7 point lead with little tiem remaining and had to rely on a desperation 30+ foot jump shot at the buzzer to win the the game. If Kentucky protects the ball and limits turnovers then Kentucky wins this one with out a doubt. But this is what we were all afraid of. Oh well though our Cats are improving each and every game and should look very very strong come March. Congrats to Louisville they deserved this one but made it a little to close for comfort for their fan base. On to SEC play
PC_You_Know Wrote:dude, your team won, alright, but your team lost to Western, who lost to Evansville by 32! Don't make it out like Louisville is that good.

And UK lost to VMI big deal.
FBALL Wrote:Patterson had 24 points and 15 rebounds. I think thats right. Those are some pretty dominating numbers.

Only one of Samuels fouls was drawn by Patterson. So no he did not have anything to do with that and Samuels was no where near outmatched.
FBALL Wrote:The first person that blames losing this game on Porter, I'm going to go ahead and give myself and infraction, is an idiot.

Porter and especially Patterson played great.

Careless and unforced turnovers by Stevenson, Harris and Meeks along with Louisville shooting better than they have all year are what decided this game.

Very entertaining game if nothing else.

I HATE LOUISVILLE AND PITINO!

I'm not going to blame Porter, but what did he really do? He made a couple threes and played NO defense. If KY had a good point guard they would be a top ten team. Porter doens't do for them. I'm sorry, but he's not a big time ball player and anyone with any basketball IQ can see that. I know alot of lower level players who stand out front and pass the ball around with no paint penetration and no ability to play defense what so ever. He makes a few shot every now and then and that's it. He's horrible in my book!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Its pretty suprising to me that Louisville fans can be so pleased by this win. Because the narowly escaped a loss on their home floor to a team that turned the ball over 20+ times. Had a 7 point lead with little tiem remaining and had to rely on a desperation 30+ foot jump shot at the buzzer to win the the game. If Kentucky protects the ball and limits turnovers then Kentucky wins this one with out a doubt. But this is what we were all afraid of. Oh well though our Cats are improving each and every game and should look very very strong come March. Congrats to Louisville they deserved this one but made it a little to close for comfort for their fan base. On to SEC play

:confused: Hmmm, I would have loved to have beaten VMI, but it didn't happen. In March, when it's one and out, who cares how you got the win as long as you win.

A win is a win no matter how you get it, and Louisville did all that they had to do to win. It happens. Every team every year has a game that they squeaked out and overcame adversity. This is one of them for Louisville. If I was Louisville, I'd be very pleased with a win. Because I know, I as a UK fan am not pleased with the loss.
Ahh this was a statement game for UK and they almost had it and still proved to some that they've got what it takes.

Reminded me of the Magoffin JC game the night before a little bit! lol
zulu Wrote:I'm not going to blame Porter, but what did he really do? He made a couple threes and played NO defense. If KY had a good point guard they would be a top ten team. Porter doens't do for them. I'm sorry, but he's not a big time ball player and anyone with any basketball IQ can see that. I know alot of lower level players who stand out front and pass the ball around with no paint penetration and no ability to play defense what so ever. He makes a few shot every now and then and that's it. He's horrible in my book!

That's a good opinion, but one that I disagree with. Porter is not horrible, IMO Big Grin I wish that he was Ty Lawson, but he's playing some place else. And it's a shame that Billie G has no Basketball IQ, because he plays him over any of the other options that he has Wink
Stardust Wrote::confused: Hmmm, I would have loved to have beaten VMI, but it didn't happen. In March, when it's one and out, who cares how you got the win as long as you win.

A win is a win no matter how you get it, and Louisville did all that they had to do to win. It happens. Every team every year has a game that they squeaked out and overcame adversity. This is one of them for Louisville. If I was Louisville, I'd be very pleased with a win. Because I know, I as a UK fan am not pleased with the loss.

well i guess if your strictly a fan for that team and only base it all on wins and losses then you would be pleased. Personally if that was a UK team I would not be pleased and to be honest im pretty ticked because this UK team in my eyes is infact a better team than Louisville and they still arent playing to full potental.
First of all, UK needs a point guard. Porter is horrible and shouldn't be on the floor at all. Anyone that thinks he should is idiotic. If Porter did his job why did we have 20+ turnovers?? Porter can't score, can't pass, can't play defense, so why does he play at all?? Sosa put it all over porter and that was the difference of the game. But I am proud of my CATS, they played pretty good overall. This is the year that Louisville was predicted to win it all by alot of people and this is a young Uk team that is trying to rebuild, and the CATS gave them all they wanted. If everyone stays at UK and not go pro, with ORTON and company coming in next year, UK could very well be taking home another title. Wink
Money Maker Wrote:First of all, UK needs a point guard. Porter is horrible and shouldn't be on the floor at all. Anyone that thinks he should is idiotic. If Porter did his job why did we have 20+ turnovers?? Porter can't score, can't pass, can't play defense, so why does he play at all?? Sosa put it all over porter and that was the difference of the game. But I am proud of my CATS, they played pretty good overall. This is the year that Louisville was predicted to win it all by alot of people and this is a young Uk team that is trying to rebuild, and the CATS gave them all they wanted. If everyone stays at UK and not go pro, with ORTON and company coming in next year, UK could very well be taking home another title. Wink

with all due respect, I really do not see how you can be upset with Porters play in this one. You say "If Porter did his job why did we have 20+ TOs"? Just to clarify for you because either (A) you did not watch the game or (B) you wasnt paying attention and did not look at the stats. Porter had 0 turnovers wait let me say that again to you just so you dont miss it PORTER HAD NO TURNOVERS. Now with that said our beloved Jodie Meeks had 6 turnovers, now i know, i know Jodie is one of the greatest SGs this season in the NCAA but im just wanting to point that out to you. Also Porter can not score well he was our 3rd scorer yesterday with 8 so maybe we need to evaluate the rest of the team. Then you say he cant play defense because Sosa beat him a few times in this game. Well when you play man to man defense and pressure the ball handler as much as BCG likes to do that is going to happen and that is about the time weak side help must slide over to take away the penetration. Kentcuky did do a pretty good job of that against Louisville however Louisville did a very nice job of countering that by catching the defense out of position when this happened and found the open man on the perimeter and then making that covenant extra pass. Just to point out to you this is a team sport, its not strictly Porters fault because he played about as good as he could. Heck even Meeks and Patterson makes mistakes we are all human you know? I agree with you though the missing link in the UK team is a high caliaber PG but that is one thing we must battle through this year and deal with what we have and that is Porter because Liggins just isnt cutting it right now. Just to state this is not a full argument to your post it is just an observation as to what I saw compared to yours. :o
dortonite Wrote:I did not see Slone on any stats given anywhere? Must be in Gillispie's dog house. Easy to get there.
I don't think it's that. I think the players that were on the floor last night will be the rotation that Billy G uses for the remainder of the season now that the cupcakes are over.
dore20 Wrote:Only one of Samuels fouls was drawn by Patterson. So no he did not have anything to do with that and Samuels was no where near outmatched.

Does Samuels ever block out? It seemed everytime he was in there Patterson got offensive rebounds at will.

It is obvious to see Samuels is a very talented player that will be great one day... but he was nowhere close to the same league as Patterson.

22 points, 15 rebounds (6 offensive boards), and 4 Assists....all the while with UL devoting 2-3 guys attention to him.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:with all due respect, I really do not see how you can be upset with Porters play in this one. You say "If Porter did his job why did we have 20+ TOs"? Just to clarify for you because either (A) you did not watch the game or (B) you wasnt paying attention and did not look at the stats. Porter had 0 turnovers wait let me say that again to you just so you dont miss it PORTER HAD NO TURNOVERS. Now with that said our beloved Jodie Meeks had 6 turnovers, now i know, i know Jodie is one of the greatest SGs this season in the NCAA but im just wanting to point that out to you. Also Porter can not score well he was our 3rd scorer yesterday with 8 so maybe we need to evaluate the rest of the team. Then you say he cant play defense because Sosa beat him a few times in this game. Well when you play man to man defense and pressure the ball handler as much as BCG likes to do that is going to happen and that is about the time weak side help must slide over to take away the penetration. Kentcuky did do a pretty good job of that against Louisville however Louisville did a very nice job of countering that by catching the defense out of position when this happened and found the open man on the perimeter and then making that covenant extra pass. Just to point out to you this is a team sport, its not strictly Porters fault because he played about as good as he could. Heck even Meeks and Patterson makes mistakes we are all human you know? I agree with you though the missing link in the UK team is a high caliaber PG but that is one thing we must battle through this year and deal with what we have and that is Porter because Liggins just isnt cutting it right now. Just to state this is not a full argument to your post it is just an observation as to what I saw compared to yours. :o

Yea, Porter had no turnovers because as soon as the ball touches his hands, he don't even take a dribble before he passes back to the person that had the ball in the first place. Porter guarded Sosa for most of the game and Sosa ended up with 18points and he only averages 5.0 on the season. But I agree, it's not all Porters fault but to be honest, I'd rather have Slone play the point before I would Porter. At least with Liggins on floor he can be a threat to score. IMO its like Uk plays 4 on 5 when Porter is in the game. It may seem like I'm putting all the blame on Porter but I'm not at all. It just aggravates me to death that he gets as much PT as he does and not contribute to the team. But like I said, the team's overall lack of defense is what lost it for them.
Stardust Wrote:That's a good opinion, but one that I disagree with. Porter is not horrible, IMO Big Grin I wish that he was Ty Lawson, but he's playing some place else. And it's a shame that Billie G has no Basketball IQ, because he plays him over any of the other options that he has Wink

Well I guess Billy G doesn't have a bb IQ. Obviously he doesn't because he plays Porter. Porter should set at the end of the bench and never leave

Like I said, there's a number of players out there who can stand at the top of the key and pass the ball back and forth. He can NOT penetrate and make things happen. Like I said and it's just my opinion. HES HORRIBLE
zulu Wrote:Well I guess Billy G doesn't have a bb IQ. Obviously he doesn't because he plays Porter. Porter should set at the end of the bench and never leave

Like I said, there's a number of players out there who can stand at the top of the key and pass the ball back and forth. He can NOT penetrate and make things happen. Like I said and it's just my opinion. HES HORRIBLE

I agree with everything you said except that Billy G. has no basketball IQ. Billy G. is one of the best in the business and with another year or 2 you will see that. But good points on the porter thing, He can't do anything and HE IS HORRIBLE!!