Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville 74 - Kentucky 71
In my opinion, Uk lost this game because too often they lost the Louisville shooters. Way too many open looks from three, and I still don't know why they felt the need to double-team the post. The one place where UK had an advantage was inside, and I believe they could have played straight up on Louisville's bigs and done just fine. But the double-teams left too many Cards wide-open on the perimeter.

Considering the inconsistent defense and the still-too-many turnovers, UK was lucky to be in the game at end. Chalk it up to hustle on the boards and a good bit of heart.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:In my opinion, Uk lost this game because too often they lost the Louisville shooters. Way too many open looks from three, and I still don't know why they felt the need to double-team the post. The one place where UK had an advantage was inside, and I believe they could have played straight up on Louisville's bigs and done just fine. But the double-teams left too many Cards wide-open on the perimeter.

Considering the inconsistent defense and the still-too-many turnovers, UK was lucky to be in the game at end. Chalk it up to hustle on the boards and a good bit of heart.

I agree,Something is amiss with a defensive scheme that allow 3pt shooters time to tie their shoes before taking a shot.

The Cats did show some true grit.
There was nothing the cats could do about that last shot by sosa. It was luck, but who says you can't be lucky in basketball. Next year the cats will get it forsure. Were returning our whole lineup an adding several other key players. BY THE WAY UK STILL LEADS THE SERIES 26-14........GO CATS
My house has never been so loud; & I was the only one there haha. I almost fell over when Patterson got the inbounds pass.
I agree that a win is a win, but [most] Louisville fans think their team is the greatest thing in the world. I argued about this game all day today at school. If your team was so good, you would have won by way more than 3 to a team who had 21 turnovers. But then again, that's just my opinion. Wink
Porter is better than Liggins and Miller right now IMO...Porter is doing a great job as of late and has shown it in the past several games....relax, we'll be fine.
Does any one have Miller's stats?
kybaseball Wrote:Does any one have Miller's stats?

13 minutes, 1 missed shot, 0 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 steals, 0 points
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Does Samuels ever block out? It seemed everytime he was in there Patterson got offensive rebounds at will.

It is obvious to see Samuels is a very talented player that will be great one day... but he was nowhere close to the same league as Patterson.

22 points, 15 rebounds (6 offensive boards), and 4 Assists....all the while with UL devoting 2-3 guys attention to him.

Are you blind or did you not watch the game? Samuels was never in to block out, he was in foul trouble.
Samuels really isn't no match for patterson......Enjoy this win cardinal fans cause it will be the last
TheONLY1 Wrote:Samuels really isn't no match for patterson......Enjoy this win cardinal fans cause it will be the last

come on now
dore20 Wrote:Are you blind or did you not watch the game? Samuels was never in to block out, he was in foul trouble.

I dont think hes blind but like most of the state he probally watched the game and like most of the state saw how dominate Patterson was, Samuels in or out of the game Patterson was putting on a great performance
The reason he was in foul trouble, is he was out of position, trying to make plays he can't. It's not the refs fault that he fouls so much. If he were so good, he wouldn't make so many mental mistakes. With that, I was surprised that UK played within three. At the beginning of the year, U of L was ranked third, and UK not on the radar. To go to Freedom Hall and get beat by three tells me that UK is on the rise and U of L in on the slide. But before anyone gets all bent out of shape, neither team has beaten a ranked team this year. So no room for anyone to brag too much.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Samuels really isn't no match for Patterson

I have to agree.
Samuels played like a Freshman Sunday, plain and simple. His fouls were "out of control" fouls. He was trying to make a play that was not there on at least two of the fouls. No disrespect to the young man. He is and will be a great college basketball player. UK was fortunate to not have to contend with him in the game.

Patterson would have had the same game no matter if Samuels played or not. But everyone's comments that Patterson dominated the game are not taking into account that he did not have to play against Samuel and what the affect of that would have had on Patterson's game down the stretch. Samuels took himself out of the game, but had he played, he would have forced Patterson to play much harder on D than what he did. I also feel that Samuels in the game would have affected Patterson's ability to get as many rebounds as he did. Samuel does do a decent job of blocking out, which no one did for Louisville Sunday. So, who knows what impact Samuels would have had in the game, it's all conjecture because the young man took himself out of that chance and gave all of us the opportunity to make our opinions one way or the other.

Hat's off to Louisville. It's a great rivalry and fun to banter. If one team dominated and won everygame, then it would no longer be a rivalry, thus it would be fun chiding each other about the games.
...the inbounds pass steal, was...superhuman. He FLEW straight up...tapped the ball to himself...and then found Meeks for the lay-up. Wow.
The cats played better than I expected.