Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville 74 - Kentucky 71
king360 Wrote:Missed calls?..maybe they didnt call them because they didnt want to make it to unfair for louisville because i watched patterson fall on his own twice and them call someone for the foul..and as far as porter goes:igiveup:

I'm not saying UK completely lost because of the missed calls. Reduced turnovers would have easily won the game. But there were a lot of missed calls. Stevenson would go in and get hammered and nothing would get called. Patterson did not fall down on his own. He was pushed each time in the back. Clarke was lowering his shoulder all evening.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Taste like U of L got lucky. And you know they did hittin that shot.. But congrats.

Luck? Uk was down around 6 the whole game, that has nothing to do with luck pal. Grow up and accept defeat.
cards_athlete Wrote:I'm not saying UK completely lost because of the missed calls. Reduced turnovers would have easily won the game. But there were a lot of missed calls. Stevenson would go in and get hammered and nothing would get called. Patterson did not fall down on his own. He was pushed each time in the back. Clarke was lowering his shoulder all evening.

Well i know for a fact that T-Will didnt push him on the foul they gave him
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Hey man, I kno that both teams played hard, and I congratulate SOSA on his shot.. All I said was in the long run its all about the National Title, and I highly doubt either one of these teams will even make the sweet sixteen. Prove me wrong KY, I would love to see it happen. Im just severily ****ed atm, so if I say something stupid, just overlook it.:mad:

Sorry... I know what you mean I forgot that Im not the only one upset rite now...Sad :mad:
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Hey man, I kno that both teams played hard, and I congratulate SOSA on his shot.. All I said was in the long run its all about the National Title, and I highly doubt either one of these teams will even make the sweet sixteen. Prove me wrong KY, I would love to see it happen. Im just severily ****ed atm, so if I say something stupid, just overlook it.:mad:

You really must not know anything. Louisville will make it to the sweet 16 and they way Uk is improving if they can find a consistant role player to back Meeks and Patterson they can make it that far as well.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Taste like U of L got lucky. And you know they did hittin that shot.. But congrats.

No, lot's of posts on here saying UofL was lucky. The Cards played a good game. The Cats were horrible with the ball, and played out of their minds down the stretch. UofL was consistent, UK was not. That shot by Sosa was NOOOO different than the two 3's from Meeks in the first half, and the 3 from the same spot by Porter. If anyone was lucky, it was UK, they did not deserve to be in this game, but heart and determination pushed them back into a game that they tried to give away several times.
dore20 Wrote:Luck? Uk was down around 6 the whole game, that has nothing to do with luck pal. Grow up and accept defeat.

Did u not see how far back from the 3 point line he was, LUCK LUCK LUCK... And I have accepted defeat, its over now and UK lost. We know that U of L beating UK doesnt happen that often, so I understand you wanting to boast.Smile
Stardust Wrote:No, lot's of posts on here saying UofL was lucky. The Cards played a good game. The Cats were horrible with the ball, and played out of their minds down the stretch. UofL was consistent, UK was not. That shot by Sosa was NOOOO different than the two 3's from Meeks in the first half, and the 3 from the same spot by Porter. If anyone was lucky, it was UK, they did not deserve to be in this game, but heart and determination pushed them back into a game that they tried to give away several times.

Well at least someone is honest.
I didn't move or say a word for a good 10 minutes as soon as Sosa hit that shot. I still don't what to say about it but one thing I will say and thats is the 14 turnovers in the 1st half killed UK.
Stardust Wrote:No, lot's of posts on here saying UofL was lucky. The Cards played a good game. The Cats were horrible with the ball, and played out of their minds down the stretch. UofL was consistent, UK was not. That shot by Sosa was NOOOO different than the two 3's from Meeks in the first half, and the 3 from the same spot by Porter. If anyone was lucky, it was UK, they did not deserve to be in this game, but heart and determination pushed them back into a game that they tried to give away several times.

Im not saying there team as a whole is lucky, I just said the 3 was lucky.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Did u not see how far back from the 3 point line he was, LUCK LUCK LUCK... And I have accepted defeat, its over now and UK lost. We know that U of L beating UK doesnt happen that often, so I understand you wanting to boast.Smile

If anything was luck it was all of Poter's shots and Stevenson's 3. In fact UK even being that close was luck'

Shutup this aint no Cincy thread Smile j/p
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Did u not see how far back from the 3 point line he was, LUCK LUCK LUCK... And I have accepted defeat, its over now and UK lost. We know that U of L beating UK doesnt happen that often, so I understand you wanting to boast.Smile

So i guess Porter hitting it from the same spot was not lucky?..lolSmile
herd_fan_1 Wrote:Shutup this aint no Cincy thread Smile j/p

:redboxer: Smile

Haha! True!
Might as well let em shine with this win. We'll get plenty more to recover from this loss.
king360 Wrote:So i guess Porter hitting it from the same spot was not lucky?..lolSmile

did I say it WASNT lucky? never commented on his shot, cause it was points for UK Big Grin lol.. Its over with tho, Louisville won, they played better overall. The end is the end... UNTIL NEXT YEAR FOLKS!!! CYA! haha
Congrats to Louisville on the victory today....what was the technical on BG for? I know we took a 1pt. lead and then we are down by 3...that hurt, along with the offensive foul when Porter hit a three that wiped it off the board. There is a lot of shoulda-coulda-woulda, but I felt that bone-head plays, turnovers and Meeks trying a circus shot everytime he touched the ball got us beat. I know Meeks is a good player and needs to take his shots, only when he has them though. I thought there was some selfishness going on with him that lead to a couple of breakaway points for the Cards. Live and learn and gear up for conference play.
dore20 Wrote:If anything was luck it was all of Poter's shots and Stevenson's 3. In fact UK even being that close was luck'

No Louisville's star big man got lucky riding the bench all day instead of getting whopped up on by Patterson oh yeah and Sosa's shotSmile luck
15th region slamdunk Wrote:did I say it WASNT lucky? never commented on his shot, cause it was points for UK Big Grin lol.. Its over with tho, Louisville won, they played better overall. The end is the end... UNTIL NEXT YEAR FOLKS!!! CYA! haha

Exactly, when the Cards get another big win lol.:flame:
herd_fan_1 Wrote:No Louisville's star big man got lucky riding the bench all day instead of getting whopped up on by Patterson oh yeah and Sosa's shotSmile luck

:igiveup:
herd_fan_1 Wrote:No Louisville's star big man got lucky riding the bench all day instead of getting whopped up on by Patterson oh yeah and Sosa's shotSmile luck

.... Patterson did not even dominate the game without Samuels in. If he was in it would have just been worse for uk.
Did Landon play any?
They never did comment on the T, but it is my opinion that BG was livid for the two minutes leading up to it because of the Cards hands on every UK cutter. It was Billie just coaching, because it is Billie in his basketball camps that tells all campers to never let a player pass through the lane without bumping, pulling, pushing
dore20 Wrote:.... Patterson did not even dominate the game without Samuels in. If he was in it would have just been worse for uk.

dude, your team won, alright, but your team lost to Western, who lost to Evansville by 32! Don't make it out like Louisville is that good.
dore20 Wrote:.... Patterson did not even dominate the game without Samuels in. If he was in it would have just been worse for uk.

Wait a minute now :eek: , I'm the UK fan trying to take up for the Cards, but you can't say that Patterson did not dominate the game inside. Rolleyes NO ONE stopped Patterson all game. UofL did a tremendous job of putting pressure on the perimeter players to keep the ball from getting to Patterson, but once Patterson got his hands on it, there was no one in the gym to stop him :thumpsup:
Oh yeah on the bright side to all the UK haters who said Meeks couldnt score agaisnt a good team well their ya go. I believe he scored over his average not really for sure on how much exactly could someone add that!
Stardust Wrote:Wait a minute now :eek: , I'm the UK fan trying to take up for the Cards, but you can't say that Patterson did not dominate the game inside. Rolleyes NO ONE stopped Patterson all game. UofL did a tremendous job of putting pressure on the perimeter players to keep the ball from getting to Patterson, but once Patterson got his hands on it, there was no one in the gym to stop him :thumpsup:

amen to that
herd_fan_1 Wrote:Oh yeah on the bright side to all the UK haters who said Meeks couldnt score agaisnt a good team well their ya go *****es I believe he scored over his average not really for sure on how much exactly could someone add that!

Meeks scored in spurts. He was 8-19 (3-9 3pt), both %'s below his season average and he took five more shots than his average.
Tough loss for UK, it looked like they were going to pull it off in the end. What an incredible shot by Sosa.

Porter, Meeks and Patterson all played well. Was disappointed in Liggins, Miller and Stevenson. Harris still looks hurt.
I actually don't know how UK was in this game. Louisville shot lights out all night and UK got back into their turnover fest. UL averages 35% from three land of the season and shot 55% tonight and average 65% from the line but shot 83% tonight.

UK needs a 3rd scorer (like everyone is saying) if they want to be competitive. But I did enjoy the "never give up" attitude by the Cats in the final minute!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]