Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xbox360 Elite
I was thinking about saving some money up to buy a Xbox360 Elite. And i was wanting to know what you all thought about the Elite. Are they really as good as what they say???

Thought?
Id just get the regular one i have a friend that has one and i dont see much difference other then the hard drive.
I have the regular Xbox360...And it over-heats alot and I was just wondering if the Elite over-heats alot.
I would just get a regular one too. Its not like it is going to have better graphics or performance.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:I would just get a regular one too. Its not like it is going to have better graphics or performance.

I'm not talking about graphics or performance, I just want to know if the Elite is more dependable than the regulars? Because my regular hasn't been very reliable. I've had it repaired 3 times now.
Bengal4Life Wrote:I'm not talking about graphics or performance, I just want to know if the Elite is more dependable than the regulars? Because my regular hasn't been very reliable. I've had it repaired 3 times now.

O ic. I think most new xbox's are pretty reliable, i think they got all the kinks out of them.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:O ic. I think most new xbox's are pretty reliable, i think they got all the kinks out of them.

Ok Thank You!
Ive hearf the elites dont red light as much as the regular ones
So, if you all where going out to buy a new Xbox360 which would you buy???

Elite or Regular?
I would just buy a regular one.
The elites do seem nice, plus you have all of that extra memory but I've got a regular one (because I can't afford the elite) but their really isn't that much difference.
guyfawkes Wrote:The elites do seem nice, plus you have all of that extra memory but I've got a regular one (because I can't afford the elite) but their really isn't that much difference.

My thing with the extra memory is do we really need it??? I have a regular 360 also and i have plenty of room on my xbox still. i think the extra memory is just a way to draw people in.
I took your alls advice and went out and bought a Xbox360 Pro...And it's pretty good so far.

Knock on Wood!!!LoL
I just found out that they no longer send you boxes when u need a repair. All you have to do is print out a shipping label and place it on your own box and send it out. This is a whole lot better than having to wait on the box, then send it out, then wait for it to come back.
I would like to have a 360 period. I don't like my PS3.
I had an elite mess up about 3weeks ago.
One red light.
Took it to a place down the road and they fixed it.
Aslan Wrote:I had an elite mess up about 3weeks ago.
One red light.

Well if it ever gets to the situation where Microsoft has to fix it, they'll see it was tampered with before and not fix it for you now.
obviously none of you know wht u r tlkin bout the elite comes with a third heat sink and will pretty much not overheat i leave mine on at least 18-20 hours a day and have not had a problem out of it as where i ahve a friend who is on his third regular one not countin tht he sent one back three times so regular sucks u get wht u pay for
Aslan Wrote:I had an elite mess up about 3weeks ago.
One red light.

well who ever fixed yours got u cause one red light means either the harddrive is loose or a cord aint plugged in right
BigDaddy7408 Wrote:well who ever fixed yours got u cause one red light means either the harddrive is loose or a cord aint plugged in right

Actually it is either the hard drive is bad or the xbox its self is messed up. I had the same problem and had to send mine in. I think if it has three red lights then that is when you dont have your cords plugged in right.
king360 Wrote:Ive hearf the elites dont red light as much as the regular ones

Actually since I posted this my Elite has overheated 3 times..lol
RED RING
Arcade - 39%
Platinum - 37%
Halo 3 Edition - 36%
Elite - 32%

I am an Elite owner and I find that there alot better. I used to have a Platinum but it started messing up after about 3 months. IMO Paying the 400$ is worth it. I recommend an Intercooler System, it also reduces the chance of RROD because what causes it is the Connector Chip Wires melt.