Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrestlemania 25
This Sunday. Any thoughts or opinions?
I admit, this year's Wrestlemania is weak.

The only thing I have any real interest in in Orton vs. Triple H and that only developed after this past Monday Night Raw.

I have slight interest in seeing who wins MITB, but I probably could care less to watch the actual match.

The UT/HBK match was done poorly, IMO. Does anyone really think Taker will lose? Last year's was halfway believable, but this year's just seems like "well we didn't have Taker in a match, and we didn't have HBK in a match so let's just throw them together."

As for the MITB match, I think Kane wins and gets his last title run (eventually) or Christian wins and gets a straight shot to the top of WWE, possibly taking on Edge in the future.

Anyways, I just think this years WM is weak. I won't be buying it, I'll watch it online or at somebody's house if they invite me over, but I just don't feel that WWE has developed any of these stories very well. The best thing on Raw this past Monday was Santino's "man-kini" and the McMahon beatdown at the end.

That makes me wonder, with Orton talking about Legacy a lot, and then the McMahon family teaming up, if we are beginning to see two new factions in WWE. Is McMahon's vs. Legacy the new McMahon's vs. DX?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ CE, great post. I have to admit, there is nothing much of interest for me. MITB is about the only thing that peaks my interest. I'm going with Christian. Though he has been a disappointment since his return, I think they will attemtp to build an Edge and Christian feud.

I believe the Hardy's will steal the show. This should be a tremendous high fling spectacle that will really appeal to all.

I had only expected UT to lose if he was planning on calling it quits. It now does not appear that he is putting the boots away anytime soon, so it is a lock he continues the streak.

I'm not even looking forward to the Orton/HBK matchup. It's rehashed and been done before. I liked the angle started last week, but in the end, it's the exact same feud just rehashed.

I still beleive Stone Cold has a bigger role than some may expect. I see a few different spots that he fits in, butjust can't put my finger on good reasons just yet.

I'm looking more forward to the HOF inductions than I am WM25.
Stardust Wrote:^ CE, great post. I have to admit, there is nothing much of interest for me. MITB is about the only thing that peaks my interest. I'm going with Christian. Though he has been a disappointment since his return, I think they will attemtp to build an Edge and Christian feud.

I believe the Hardy's will steal the show. This should be a tremendous high fling spectacle that will really appeal to all.

I had only expected UT to lose if he was planning on calling it quits. It now does not appear that he is putting the boots away anytime soon, so it is a lock he continues the streak.

I'm not even looking forward to the Orton/HBK matchup. It's rehashed and been done before. I liked the angle started last week, but in the end, it's the exact same feud just rehashed.

I still beleive Stone Cold has a bigger role than some may expect. I see a few different spots that he fits in, butjust can't put my finger on good reasons just yet.

I'm looking more forward to the HOF inductions than I am WM25.

Well, the WWE keeps wondering why their ratings are going down going into WM25. A few weeks ago it was at 3.8, then 3.6, then 3.5, and 3.5.

The whole Jericho thing is boring, IMO. I even thought that the Jericho/HBK storyline was boring. For some reason, I think Jericho needs to turn face.

The WWE have mishandled Christian since his return. Their first mistake was putting him on ECW. However, I do see, in the upcoming draft, Christian possibly going to RAW or Smackdown. He is too good of a talent to sit on the cesspool that is ECW.

I agree with you about the Triple H/Orton storyline, but the thing I find interesting is the possible establishment of Legacy as a faction like DX or nWo. But in order for a group such as Legacy to go over, they need someone to feud with.

If WWE really wants to throw a curveball to fans, then they would have HBK beat UT, but it's not going to happen. Like you, I don't think UT's streak will end until he retires (or right before). And right now, I think UT will be here longer than HBK. I see HBK retiring before UT.

I see the streak ending as possibly 19-1 or 20-1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I do think that the Orton and Trips fued has been booked well. Though it has been done before. I see it continuing after mania. I see the a swerve coming in the match and someone jumping sides and switching to the legacy(maybe Shane) only thing I see wrong with this was the match him and Orton had. Could even be Steph I mean it is Legacy and who has the McManhon legacy run through?
I could very well see takers streak ending but I dont think it will. If it ever does end I see it ending with Kane.
The money in the bank match was poorly booked to me. The match is designed to be a spot fest. I mean you do have guys like Punk, Kofi and Kingston. But guys like Finaly have no purpose in it. Finaly coulda very well been replaced with Mysterio or Evan Bourne(How great that woulda been) or even Teddy Hart.
The thing that disapoints me was IC TITLE. I mean we had a Rey vs. JBL match on raw. Plus what poor booking they have had for this match.
^ I think the entire event has been poorly booked.
Stardust Wrote:-The 25-Diva Battle Royal with the winner becoming "Miss WrestleMania" featuring Alicia Fox, Beth Phoenix, Brie Bella, Eve, Jillian, Katie Lea Burchill, Kelly Kelly, Layla, Maria, Maryse, Melina, Michelle McCool, Mickie James, Natalya, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes and Tiffany.

Kelly Kelly is SMOKIN HOT...
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
I can't wait to watch that Ladder Match them are always the best 1's...
Redneck Wrote:Kelly Kelly is SMOKIN HOT...

You bet ya':Thumbs:
31 minutes. I cant believe I am this pumped over wrestling.
you can watch it free at this site here......

http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Atta boy, Puffy. Now I dont feel so cheap for watching it free, also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WOW what a way to start it off with money in the bank match.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As bad as I hate him, Sheldon Benjamin shoulda won that match. He was by far the most entertaining.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Who won MITB?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CM Punk for the 2nd year in a row
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Matt Hardy just Defeated Jeff Hardy
Undertaker moves to 17-0 in this event.

This was one of the best predetermined matches I have ever watched.
ABSOLUTZE CLASSIC!!!

5 star match between Undertaker and Shawn Michaels
Being I am watching for free this one was worth the price of the ppv.(LOL)
WOW that was 1 heck of an match
I am just amazed that these two guys could go like this. Just an amazing match.
Does Cena reclaim the title?
Stardust Wrote:I am just amazed that these two guys could go like this. Just an amazing match.

HBK tries a moonsault but Taker catches him and tombstones him for the 3-count and the victory to keep his streak alive at 17-0. It was a great back and forth match, one where I really thought they may have booked HBK to win.
This is the first time I have watched this type of event in a long time.
I will turn it on and listened to the interview while what ever show I am watching goes to commercial.

I prefer the MMA.
Does anyone else think Vicki is sorta hott? :ilikeit:
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Does anyone else think Vicki is sorta hott? :ilikeit:
No.
Quick recap thus far:

Dark Match/DVD Special
WWE & World Tag-Titles:
-Carlito & Primo Colon © vs. The Miz & John Morrison ©

Carlito & Primo Colon beat The Miz & John Morrison in the dark-match special to unify the World and WWE titles in a match that was changed last-minute to a DVD-only bout. This was before the show, just filling it in for those looking for all results.

Money In The Bank Match:
-CM Punk vs. Mark Henry vs. MVP vs. Finlay vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Christian vs. Kane

CM Punk knocks Kane off the ladder and reaches up to grab the briefcase and win the Money in the Bank match for the second year in a row.

-25 Diva Battle Royal

Bummer of a match. Santino Marrrela in drag as "Santinia" wins the Diva Battle Royal.

-----------------

Chris Jericho vs. Roddy Piper, Ricky Steamboat & Jimmy Snuka

Steamboat looked like the Dragon of the 80's. Piper cussed the entire time, but worked his but off. Snuka is a shadow of himself. Jericho finishes each off to win then challenges Micky Rouke out of the front Row. Rourke with one punch does what the legends can't do, and puts Jericho out.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Does anyone else think Vicki is sorta hott? :ilikeit:

Uh, NO!
Extreme Rules:
Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

Matt puts Jeff's head through a chair and nails the twist of fate to get the pinfall victory.

Intercontinental Title:
-JBL © vs. Rey Mysterio

Mysterio knocks JBL down quick and lands the 6-1-9. Mysterio to the top rope and nails a big splash for the pinfall. Lawler says it was a 21-second victory for Mysterio

after the match, JBL say's he quits