Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Smith Pikeville Concert?
I am not to sure how many of you have heard of this guy Corey Smith. However, he is very prominent with in the college communities. A few friends and I have devised a team to begin presenting and promoting shows around the NKY region and in EKY. Now what I was wondering is for those of you who have listened to Corey Smiths "Acoustic guitar, folkish vocals and country lyrics" would pay 10 to 15 bucks to see him in concert? For those of you who have not heard Corey Smith I would definetly suggest you check out his myspace, www.myspace.com/coreysmithmusic . The idea right now is in the works as we have several diffrent places we are looking at to do the show. So any insight into how many people you all would think would attend will be greatly appreciated. Due to acoustics in buildings we do not want to have a big venue for few people and vise versa. Spread the word of a possible Corey Smith show coming to Pikeville and see what your friends think. I appreciate everyones time to take to read this and to post suggestions. Thanks!!!

Also what are some other bands YOU all would like to see make a Pikeville debut. In our eyes its what you all want and not what we want to present.
Corey Smith puts on a good show. Saw him at EKU last year.

The show would be fine if it was held in one of the Pikeville College auditoriums.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have spoke with sga president Ryan stratton and he likes the idea. We have also thought about the Mac.
I would love to see Corey Smith live, but where would the concert be?
As I stated before we are looking at several different places in eky. Very good chance we will be doing a show for sure with him at Morehead state simply because we will get a great crowd there. The show for eky is up for grabs it is very expensive to do these shows so it will also depend on our sponsors but Corey and his team are very interested in everything I have presented to them. I will keep eveyone updated.
What about the Mountain Arts Center in Prestonsburg? I think that it would be a perfect size for a Corey Smith concert. Plus, a lot of the youth in this area really like Corey Smith.
I was at PC a few years ago and spoke with then SGA President Eugene Sisco and Derrick Silas, the thought of trying to get Corey Smith to come to play at PC was good...but told me his asking price was too much. With the current financial crisis at the college, I don't think it would happen unless someone from the outside invested in it for the college. However, I think it'd be a good show.
I'd love to see him in EKY!! I know quite a few ppl would too
IRISH4 Wrote:I was at PC a few years ago and spoke with then SGA President Eugene Sisco and Derrick Silas, the thought of trying to get Corey Smith to come to play at PC was good...but told me his asking price was too much. With the current financial crisis at the college, I don't think it would happen unless someone from the outside invested in it for the college. However, I think it'd be a good show.

In reaponce to your and blackcats posts starting with blackcats.

Yes we have looked at the Mac and agree with everything you stated however there are a couple more venues we are also looking at. But the Mac is def. In our top 5 for eky.

Now for irishes we understand what you are saying and that outside source would be me and the team I am working with also include our sponcers.while sga would pick up minimal cost and promote the show.

Keep the feed back coming eveyone this is good stuff talk to your friends as well let's make this happen. If you all have any ideas of sponsers let me know. With sponserships they will get a promo sign for the show a kiosk to sell merch and we will promote the during the show. Feel free to PM me.
Bring him to Pikeville College. People from the local high schools would drive to it and the Pikeville College students would be right there. You lack the concession stand but you can't take it inside of the auditorium anyway. The MAC would probably cost a lot more and they would get some profit from tickets and concession. Yell at me if you need some help with anything 15th, I may have some connections in EKY for venues and stuff.

thetribe Wrote:Bring him to Pikeville College. People from the local high schools would drive to it and the Pikeville College students would be right there. You lack the concession stand but you can't take it inside of the auditorium anyway. The MAC would probably cost a lot more and they would get some profit from tickets and concession. Yell at me if you need some help with anything 15th, I may have some connections in EKY for venues and stuff.

We have actually talked to the Mac about it and it is honestly very cost efficent when considering we must provide sound and lighting and all that is included with the Macs price. Plus the do not take any of the ticket sales but I will keep you in mind for sure we need all the help we can get. :-)
That's great, I just imagined it to be more costly. Size wise they probably run about the same, both have upper levels and stuff. The acoustics and just overall feel of the MAC would probably be better but Pikeville College seems like a better location.

thetribe Wrote:That's great, I just imagined it to be more costly. Size wise they probably run about the same, both have upper levels and stuff. The acoustics and just overall feel of the MAC would probably be better but Pikeville College seems like a better location.

Pikeville college would be ideal just for pikeville students and the local community. However we are talking about drawing people from surrounding counties as well to insure a big crowd and hopefully a sold out one. Venue is normally a key ingrident to sell your show.then add Corey into the mix and the his name sells its self. Add the two together and you have a lot of.people and revenue. We looked at the expo but I think its to big and we wouldn't draw quite a nice crowd. But its all in the works and I have a confrence call with his managment on Tuesday.
I'd love to see him here...
Shew thank god I am home and dont have to use my blackberry to respond. However, I have been on "business" mode the past few days in regard to your alls concerns and in regard to sponserships. I have a metting in the morning with a guy helping me with sponsorships. Then have a conference call with Corey's managment on Tueday in regard to the morehead show. So everyone cross your fingers and be praying for me lol.
So today is D-Day with me I have already had one meeting and still have two to go. The managment team and I are very excited to get the ball rolling on what looks to be and I hope is a special thing. Keep praying for me as I am about dead tired.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What about the Mountain Arts Center in Prestonsburg? I think that it would be a perfect size for a Corey Smith concert. Plus, a lot of the youth in this area really like Corey Smith.

I think if he comes it will be to some place like the MAC. I don't see him coming to pikeville college or no place like that.
Any updates 15th?
Well the show in Morehead is kind of in a stale mate right now, because the Morehead revoked the SGA of having a concert. So I e-mail Dean Koett and to my suprise he still has not responded. We are right now getting our budget together, and are going to present Coreys managment with a deal with in the next couple of weeks. The show where ever it be will be scheduled for Late March or sometime through April. Thats all I have for now. besides his booking agency wasnt the nicest person in the world lol.
DJCOOL Wrote:I think if he comes it will be to some place like the MAC. I don't see him coming to pikeville college or no place like that.

apparently you have not seen some of the places he plays in, it is very odd to see Corey playing in anything else besides run down bars through out the South East coast. Then the occasional House of Blues and such. However, he has kept his Indie style and has not sold out to the industry.
Corey Smith, Adam Hood, & Chris knight, I have seen Knight a few times. Would love a chance to see the other 2.
Kosar Wrote:Corey Smith, Adam Hood, & Chris knight, I have seen Knight a few times. Would love a chance to see the other 2.

Well things are getting a little brighter so lets hope it ALL works out.
should try to book cross canadian ragweed as well.
I posted like 2 years ago about Corey Smith and trying to get alot of people to start listening. I emailed Corey's agent and I know he charges around $8-12,000 a show. I have listened to him for many years now and have seen him live 6-8 times. I PROMISE YOU, that if you have never seen him or heard the man, he will BECOME YOUR ALL TIME FAVORITE Acoustic player/singer. Has been mine for about 5 years!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Shew thank god I am home and dont have to use my blackberry to respond. However, I have been on "business" mode the past few days in regard to your alls concerns and in regard to sponserships. I have a metting in the morning with a guy helping me with sponsorships. Then have a conference call with Corey's managment on Tueday in regard to the morehead show. So everyone cross your fingers and be praying for me lol.
Would also like to note that Corey has a pretty big fan base in this neck of the woods and always has around 1-2,000 followers when playing at a small venue. Have seen many people travel 4-5 hours without tickets and get turned away...not smart at all but it happens pretty regular with this guy. If I was you, I would try EXPO/MAC or bust, lol. Mac would be idea I would think..KEEP ON DOING YOUR WORK 15thREGION!!!! :notworthy
Yeah I have always been a huge Corey Smith fan. Also Chris Knight as well, would love to seem them both. Hope it all works out!
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:should try to book cross canadian ragweed as well.

How about Drive By Truckers' Jason Isbell - he's awesome, too. I'm not too big on the group themselves, but I like him and his sound.
Jason Isbell and Chris Knight has played at Summit City in Whitesburg in the past 2 months. Isbell has played about 4-5 times now. I have been everytime. I love it when it is acoustic and he leaves his band behind..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Jason Isbell and Chris Knight has played at Summit City in Whitesburg in the past 2 months. Isbell has played about 4-5 times now. I have been everytime. I love it when it is acoustic and he leaves his band behind..

I didn't know that he was playing close; I would love to have gone. What's the best way to find out about these smaller venues? I'm not aware of Summit City - is it small?

Isbell is great. I've worn out my cd.
They have a myspace..SummitCity
Hold about 150.