Poll: Who should start at PG for UK?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Porter
65.63%
Liggins
34.38%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should start PG??
Coach has already a set rotation of Porter, Meeks and Patterson. The question of the other two positions is a real puzzle. I might add Stevenson, for his defense, and rebounding and occasional scoring and start Liggins also with Miller, Slone, Harrellson,Harris and Galloway coming off the bench when needed. Just my personal opinion with no stats to back up anything, just from listening to a few games, without any knowledge of what happens in practice.
i would say say porter just because he is mor expericed & does not turn the ball over as much as liggins.
I think right now Porter should be the PG just because I think he can manage the game better. I think Billy Clyde should give Liggins solid time so that he can develop this year and if his progression goes well I am all for giving him some spot starts to see how he fairs but until then I would go with Porter.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:As of right now Porter, but maybe later on in the SEC Liggins if not this season next season Liggins will defiantly be the starting point guard.

ExactlyWink
Porter is HORRIBLE! If Porter transfered to Georgetown College he would be on the bench.
zulu Wrote:Porter is HORRIBLE! If Porter transfered to Georgetown College he would be on the bench.

You, my friend, are in the minority in this one. Look at the pollWink
Liggins by far, Porter is jsut horrible.
Imo since we have been dominating the SEC this year an we have already killed the preseason favorites in Tennessee. So the rest of the SEC schedule should be cake since its down anyway. So we should let Liggins start and play a majority of these games so when he does make his mistakes and he will because hes a freshmen Billy G can just let him play through those mistakes. Doing this we will likely still win those games an develop a stud pg on the way to get us ready for the tourny cause we all know porter won't get us to the sweet 16 or further.
Porter, things are clicking right now and you don't want to mess up the chemistry. Liggins does fine coming off the bench...when he is ready he will start.
Porter for sure!!!
liggins
Right now Porter is playing some good ball. He isn't turning over the ball much and he is passing the ball around. Liggins will be good when he develops. But right now it should be Porter.
Maybe some of you experts can tell me how Liggins is averaging more assists than anyone on the team????:confused:
Money Maker Wrote:Maybe some of you experts can tell me how Liggins is averaging more assists than anyone on the team????:confused:

I agree Liggins does lead the team in assists with 61, but he also leads the team in turnovers with 54. Porter has 53 assists on the year with only 38 turnovers....18 of those occurred in the first 5 games of the season.
Money Maker Wrote:Maybe some of you experts can tell me how Liggins is averaging more assists than anyone on the team????:confused:

How can you still be arguing this? :confused:
Liggins.
blackcat Wrote:How can you still be arguing this? :confused:

I'm not argueing, I was asking some of our experts on the site a simple question??
between the two Liggens but Slone is my personla opinion. I think the coach needs to hit the road and not come back with out a great PG!!
Porter plays smarter Ball
A Position Uk Needs To Improve On Big Time
well we seen who showed up when we really needed them in the alabama game, Liggins should start
Wildcatk23 Wrote:well we seen who showed up when we really needed them in the alabama game, Liggins should start

Liggins has had one solid game compared to Porter's 7 or 8, so I guess he should start now.
porter shouldn't be starting, but Liggins needs more experience. Porter is terrible. He can't run the offense very good, he don't shoot when he has a chance, and he turns the ball over too much (but then again so does the rest of the team). But given the time he has played and the experience he has this shouldn't be a question, but Porter isn't going to get an better
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.