Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economic Stimulus 2009
Do you think it will happen? What do you think it will be if so?

Do think it is a good or bad idea?
Idk, it might be a good short term thing because people could use it to buy things which would stimulate the economy a bit, or use it to pay off their debts, but I believe we should concentrate on eliminating the national debt first.
Regrettably, I know this would mean taxes, but if we taxed the wealthy, then it wouldn't be as bad on the middle and lower classes (the majority).
LOL @ you guyfawkes. You're very willing to take other people's money. But Im sure you would be against this if it was coming out of your pocket.

This stimulus bill is a joke. Where are we getting this money from? Oh that's right, countries that hate us. How are we gonna pay this back? Extremely high tax rates on everyone. Any federal tax lawyer will tell you that for us to pay off the debts we currently have plus what Obama wants to do, adding trillions every year, that my generation, the new generation in the work force would have to pay a 70-80% income tax rate(their entire careers) to pay off all of our debts. This is a joke, and if these people leading our country continue to make the worst possible decisions for our country, it is going to end very badly for all of them.
Stimulus 2009 makes as good as sense as Stimulus 2008! None!! I mean what good is a grand or two when it will result in higher taxes down the road. The money is the taxpayers and it is being used to bail out poorly managed banks. Who will bail out the taxpayer when they lose their job, or when their small business needs bailed out? No one! So the short and simple is that is makes no sense, but our genius politicians in Washington are still going to do it. I personally say let them all fail if they deserve to. We can start over with new banks if necessary. That beats throwing money into an never ending bottomless pit. This country is already in debt up to its eyeballs as it is, we sure don't have the ability to bail out all of the poorly managed banks. Once again, score one for corporate America which gets billions and watch the taxpayer take it on the chin down the road. Don't think it will happen, just sit tight and watch. I personally don't think a stimulus is going to put off the inevitable depression that we are going to see anyway.