Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co kids transferring to Southwestern
Johnny Hines is not a very good person and not respected as a good person.
Good Luck to PC on turning the program over to someone that can lead them in the right direction, both athletically and as young men.
The Truth Sayer Wrote:Johnny Hines is not a very good person and not respected as a good person.
Good Luck to PC on turning the program over to someone that can lead them in the right direction, both athletically and as young men.

Says who? Johnny Hines is a great person and is very respected...
I may disagree on some of his coaching philosophies but he is absolutely a great person and is a very moral person, just because of a coaching change at a rival school Johnny Hines doesn’t turn into two face, these kids are lucky to have him as their coach...
single shot Wrote:Says who? Johnny Hines is a great person and is very respected...
I may disagree on some of his coaching philosophies but he is absolutely a great person and is a very moral person, just because of a coaching change at a rival school Johnny Hines doesn’t turn into two face, these kids are lucky to have him as their coach...

Honestly I believe that Hines is on the wrong side of the times. His style (along with others) wears thin "on the current public environment."

JMHO
The Truth Sayer Wrote:Johnny Hines is not a very good person and not respected as a good person.

Meh, I've always liked him and he's always been respectful to me as a person and a player, but I've never played for him.

From my friends that played for him at Pulaski I've never heard any of them say he was a bad guy or that they didn't like him. I'm just on the outside looking in on this one though.
FoSho Wrote:Honestly I believe that Hines is on the wrong side of the times. His style (along with others) wears thin "on the current public environment."

JMHO

I can agree with that, older philosophies have it that all you get from having some kids get recruited is jealousy and discontent within the team. I don’t agree with it but I’m not running anything either, I still consider Johnny Hines a good person and friend having a different opinion doesn’t make him a bad person...
RoShamBo Wrote:Meh, I've always liked him and he's always been respectful to me as a person and a player, but I've never played for him.

From my friends that played for him at Pulaski I've never heard any of them say he was a bad guy or that they didn't like him. I'm just on the outside looking in on this one though.

Johhny is well respected in coaching circles and that includes the college coaches that recruit KY. The people telling these slanders are also slandering the college coaches insinuating they are too stupid to see for themselves if a Pulaski kid can play.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Johhny is well respected in coaching circles and that includes the college coaches that recruit KY. The people telling these slanders are also slandering the college coaches insinuating they are too stupid to see for themselves if a Pulaski kid can play.

All message boards consist of slander get over yourself:please::please::please::lame::lame::lame:
I'm to believe that SW biggest problems over the yrs has been its line. No blocking nor solid in the d-line. Their has been some talent. Now that coach Foley has went over. The kids that would transfer are the kids he coached in middle school. So they already have a good relationship. If so, this puts SW in a top 5 powerhouse. They 1st 3 games will tell the tale.
So have any PCHS kids made the move to SW?
word is cox turned his back on his team and left
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:word is cox turned his back on his team and left

Not real surprised if this is the case...don't they live in the SW District?

What about the twins that left Pulaski Co for Taylor Co? Did they come back to SW with Foley?
Pulaski Co has owned Southwest... that’s the truth
Johnny is a great guy and has built a great program at PC.
Looking at returning players from the 3 teams in Pulaski Co.
1. Pulaski Co.
2. Somerset
3. Southwestern
JMO
Old school coaching wins games!!
I think you're information is not correct my son said cox has been at workouts all week at PC. PC has lost 6 incoming freshman and 2 varsity players to SW
I was told over a week ago that Foley is being investigated. Is there any truth to this?
Well?
My question: why would a player leave Pulaski county to go to a lesser football program like southwestern. Pulaski county has dominated southwestern for years.
PC better program and more established
Craze JACKET man Wrote:My question: why would a player leave Pulaski county to go to a lesser football program like southwestern. Pulaski county has dominated southwestern for years.

good question guess its about stirring the pot
Craze JACKET man Wrote:My question: why would a player leave Pulaski county to go to a lesser football program like southwestern. Pulaski county has dominated southwestern for years.

There is no real evidence to support this post. One could argue that from 2013 until 2016 Pulaski had a better run because they made it to the 5a finals and won one. Southwestern also beat them during that run a couple times though. Southwestern and bowling green we’re the only two teams to beat Pulaski county the year they won state. If you go back farther than that it isn’t even close. Southwestern is head and shoulders above Pulaski county before 2013. I’m calling it now. Southwestern will run that county for a while.
How about the last couple of years?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:There is no real evidence to support this post. One could argue that from 2013 until 2016 Pulaski had a better run because they made it to the 5a finals and won one. Southwestern also beat them during that run a couple times though. Southwestern and bowling green we’re the only two teams to beat Pulaski county the year they won state. If you go back farther than that it isn’t even close. Southwestern is head and shoulders above Pulaski county before 2013. I’m calling it now. Southwestern will run that county for a while.

That's a bit of a stretch. I would say they were pretty much even in the years prior to 2013.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:How about the last couple of years?

Since 2014 the series is at 5 wins for pc 3 wins for SW. Going into the 2018 the series was tied at 3-3, Pc won both games last year by one score, a last minute touchdown and a goal line interception. Pc has the upper hand, but I’m not sure if I’d use the words dominate. Two plays last year and the series swings the other way. As far as the near future and SW dominating you may want to think about what that turf field will do for Somerset, kids that are on the fence about where to play may want to get on that turf as opposed to playing on the county schools fields. Everybody knows what shape those are in.
DDP5 Wrote:Since 2014 the series is at 5 wins for pc 3 wins for SW. Going into the 2018 the series was tied at 3-3, Pc won both games last year by one score, a last minute touchdown and a goal line interception. Pc has the upper hand, but I’m not sure if I’d use the words dominate. Two plays last year and the series swings the other way. As far as the near future and SW dominating you may want to think about what that turf field will do for Somerset, kids that are on the fence about where to play may want to get on that turf as opposed to playing on the county schools fields. Everybody knows what shape those are in.

I've thought about that myself. If you're a parent of a kid still in youth football or middle school, whose loyalties are not fully established, where would you want to send your son to play? It would seem that the small school with the brand new turf field would stand to benefit from all of the turnover and pettiness going on between the county schools. Maybe it will take the finished product of the field, or a few more wins, for that to come to fruition, but it would certainly seem to be a possibility.
I would send my Kid to a head coach that puts in the time and effort and holds kids accountable.
Briar jumper bd Wrote:I would send my Kid to a head coach that puts in the time and effort and holds kids accountable.

That was each school for a time, at least in your eyes, wasn't it?
Pulaski County as a whole has a really good problem on their hands...they have 3 very good coaches running each program and an abundance of talent. Good luck to all three programs the upcoming season...