Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 71 - Betsy Layne 36
Thoughts?
Elisha is so much fun to watch. He really makes this team GO....
WOW great all around game by Valley IMO this is their tourny to lose!
Final from the first round of the All-A Tournament @ the Expo.

Justice and Valley are back on track and playing like they did before he was injured. Nathan Martin had a decent game for Betsy Layne but the defense from Shelby Valley kept the Bobcats from getting anything going offensively.

Congrats Wildcats!
Congrats Shelby Valley. Who do they play next?
Stardust Wrote:Congrats Shelby Valley. Who do they play next?

Pikeville, not sure on the date.

I believe Pikeville. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They play Pikeville Monday night.
You are correct, it is Pikeville.
Great game Valley, Elisha is back and it's redemption time.
Is Hatfield ok? I hope so.
TheRealVille Wrote:Is Hatfield ok? I hope so.

I dont know, i hope hes fine.. Something with his ankle, i think?
I think the fans got a little mixed up tonight. There were fans from both teams on both sides, all mixed together. BTW, I love watching a game at the EXPO, plenty of room.
congrats SV!
Was anyone at this game to see the throw down by adams?
Congrats Valley.. Way to Go!!!
Moderator error. I merged the wrong threads. Those who posted on the Shelby Valley/Pikeville prediction thread please feel free to go post on the one that is open.

You have my apologies.
Good win SV go big blue.
Good win for SV, this game went as expected way to much SV tonight.:glassjoe:
Great game by Valley this was one was never close. Valley jumps out 15-0 and never looked back. The dunk by Adams off the Bryant lob was straight up nasty. Betsy Layne was completely outclassed... When SV shows up no one in this region can hang close.
it was the first time I watched sv. They really impressed me. One thing. I dont understand the back tapping of the ball. It was really impressive. I never seen a team do it so much. I wonder why they dont call it a reach in. As long as you can get away with it I would do it. Bobcats keep fighting hard.
TheRealVille Wrote:Is Hatfield ok? I hope so.

Coach said after the game it is a day by day situation with Tyler Newsome and Hatfield, both of them with ankle problems.
Jolly Rancher Wrote:i could be wrong but i just dont see valley blowing bl out ....i was there at sv and bl gave them everything they wanted.....im gonna say sv by ten or less in a very good game between imo the best two teams in the region

I just thought I would bring this prediction back up...
betsylaynealum Wrote:it was the first time I watched sv. They really impressed me. One thing. I dont understand the back tapping of the ball. It was really impressive. I never seen a team do it so much. I wonder why they dont call it a reach in. As long as you can get away with it I would do it. Bobcats keep fighting hard.

Some refs try to be to much a part of the game. It is only a foul if they foul them (Hack, Slap or whatever). It is a great defensive set for SV, Many fastbreaks from it. Not to cry over spilt milk but 2 years ago in the state tourny, SV wasn't allowed to do this at all, it completely took our defense out of the game and we know the outcome of the EC game in the 1st rd.
Nice win Valley! More like what we expected!
great game Wildcats

elisha had 2 dunks

devan adams 2 both were great

valley looked unstopable
valleyfan09 Wrote:great game Wildcats

elisha had 2 dunks

devan adams 2 both were great

valley looked unstopable

Keep posting Valleyfan, the team needs your support anyway you can.
Just some facts that no one has posted yet.

Valley shot 4 out of 10 from behind the 3
Valley hit 19 of 21 free throws, their best free throw shooting night of the season.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
was afraid Shelby Valley was peaking too early...looks as though things may be getting better...
Unofficially:

Valley was 24-50 from the field.
4-11 from 3.
19-21 from the FT line.

BL was 12-40 from the field.
3-14 from 3.
9-15 from the FT line.

Elisha 25 points
Logan 12 points, 4 rebounds
Taylor 8 points, 4 rebounds
Curby 7 points, 6 rebounds
Ashley 5 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists