Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Players in 15th Region 2009
Guys, you gotta have Robert Runyon, Buck Martin, and Luke Huffman as some of the Top Ten Pitchers in the region.
Cody Moore from Lawrence has the frame and attitude to be just as good as Shepeard from Lawrence, I think both are Sophomores in 09. This will spell trouble for opponents for the next 3 years. Both should be around 90 by their sr. years.
But there are rumors flying around on here that Chandler was already hitting 94 last year. What gives? Are posters on here exagerrating? Sad

Seriously, tho, I'm sorta afraid to make any conclusive prediction on Cody Parker this year, Big Dawg. If there was ever a kid that I wanted to see succeed and excel to his potential, it was him. I just hope there's still a chance.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:But there are rumors flying around on here that Chandler was already hitting 94 last year. What gives? Are posters on here exagerrating? Sad

Seriously, tho, I'm sorta afraid to make any conclusive prediction on Cody Parker this year, Big Dawg. If there was ever a kid that I wanted to see succeed and excel to his potential, it was him. I just hope there's still a chance.

I saw Chandler in the region last year and he pitched 85-88. He is the epitome of a pitcher as he mixes speed,pitches and location extremely well. I just wander how much more speed he can gain with his frame. He can hit 90 I feel certain, but he is not pitching 89-94 as people believe. I just think with hard work Cody could be a better college pitcher simply because of his size. Trust me college and pro scouts put too much emphasis on size, but if that what they want then I think Cody may have the better options if he keeps working.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:But there are rumors flying around on here that Chandler was already hitting 94 last year. What gives? Are posters on here exagerrating? Sad

Chandler was throwing 85-88 in region when I saw him play last year. For his age this is phenominal. However he is not pitching 90 consistently. I will say he has excellent command of his pitches and hits his spots well. I think he truly epitomizes the term pitcher.

I think Codys frame will attract as many if not more college scouts if he continues to improve. Scouts put so much emphasis on size, I believe this will play into Codys favor. By the time they are seniors I suspect that he may throw harder than Chandler. Chandler doesnt appear to have the frame to add a significant amount of speed. I hope I am wrong cause he is a talent.

If I had a child with his ablility, I would have to forego Football and concentrate fully on baseball. He already made a name for himself at the State tourney last year and I would be afraid that an injury might ruin his chances in baseball. If Midland is letting him play for them, they think he is the real deal.

Sorry about the double post, I am new at this.
Chandler doesn't have the big stocky frame-not sure if genetically he ever will but he is strong and solid. Coach says he's throwing strong and hard right now and he will only continue to get stronger as season goes on.

Cody Moore has worked his butt off and will be one to reckon with-remember his no hitter in regionals last year? Everyone is very proud at how he has set his mind to his job and how hard he has worked. He too should only get stronger as season goes on.

I understand Sam Burton is also coming along quite nicely. This lefty should see some time on the mound this year.
Big Dawg Wrote:Chandler doesn't have the big stocky frame-not sure if genetically he ever will but he is strong and solid. Coach says he's throwing strong and hard right now and he will only continue to get stronger as season goes on.

Cody Moore has worked his butt off and will be one to reckon with-remember his no hitter in regionals last year? Everyone is very proud at how he has set his mind to his job and how hard he has worked. He too should only get stronger as season goes on.

I understand Sam Burton is also coming along quite nicely. This lefty should see some time on the mound this year.

Well i think just a couple of things need to get cleared up. First off, Cody Moore didn't throw a no-hitter, he threw a shut out in the regionals, and also Sam Burton is not a lefty. I thought you were from there?

Cody Moore from what i have seen has a lot of potential, but he does have some mechanical issues that he needs worked out or it will be hard for him to gain velocity at a high rate. He doesn't push off and with somebody with his frame that will be essential for him to learn if he is going to gain the velocity needed to live up to everyone's expecations on here.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:[/SIZE][/B]

Well i think just a couple of things need to get cleared up. First off, Cody Moore didn't throw a no-hitter, he threw a shut out in the regionals, and also Sam Burton is not a lefty. I thought you were from there?

Cody Moore from what i have seen has a lot of potential, but he does have some mechanical issues that he needs worked out or it will be hard for him to gain velocity at a high rate. He doesn't push off and with somebody with his frame that will be essential for him to learn if he is going to gain the velocity needed to live up to everyone's expecations on here.

Travis told me that Steve Blevins worked all fall with their pitchers and that Cody worked out a lot of kinks with him. He said Cody has added more lower body to his pitching mechanics. He also added that there is additional speed.

Must be nice having Steve around in the off season. Lawrence always does a good job in the off season, and now they have a minor leaguer to help out.
Commanche Wrote:Travis told me that Steve Blevins worked all fall with their pitchers and that Cody worked out a lot of kinks with him. He said Cody has added more lower body to his pitching mechanics. He also added that there is additional speed.

Must be nice having Steve around in the off season. Lawrence always does a good job in the off season, and now they have a minor leaguer to help out.

Well if thats the case then i am sure he worked it out and i hope he starts pushing off a little more.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:[/SIZE][/B]

I am! Sam was always a left handed pitcher in Little league-in truth I haven't seen him pitch in a year or two so maybe he switched? But I know he was a lefty then?
The Guru Wrote:missy???
I bet you just crack yourself up.
I love going to other counties and seeing other people around that ask me who that "arse" Kimball is. So everyone can now know Mr.Kimball is the self-proclaimed knows everything on every subject and everyone that has ever played any kind of sport in the history of the world, and if you ever have the misfortune of ever disagreeing with his opinions, then you just show your ignorance as he is the only correct opinion, EVER! Now I have to go and change everything from my W-2's Social security carf, licenses, and even have to tell my wife that I recently was informed by the smartest person in the world that I am actualy a female. Since this is the second time he has called me a girl. Ladies out there...don't worry when you see me in the ladies room from now on. I must be one of you.

You have to learn not to take anything he says serious-he calls me papaw? Go figure that one.....
Big Dawg Wrote:I am! Sam was always a left handed pitcher in Little league-in truth I haven't seen him pitch in a year or two so maybe he switched? But I know he was a lefty then?

Now what sense does that make???
Guru that is one ugly mugshot avatar but back to the topic, Conley-Miller-shep probaly top 3
Sam burton is not and has never been a lefty mark my words thats the most rediculous thing ive ever heard, and to clear up sheps pitching he topped out at 91 mph last year against morgan co. @ paintsville and pitched in the high 80's most of the time, and i will agree with the top three as Shep, Conley, and Miller
Conley looks like he is going to be tough in the 15th region but i was looking for parker to come through this year for central
I really think Cory Adams has to be considered in this as well. He is as good of a hitter as Miller, and from what I hear he has developed a left handed swing as well, and if he can be consistent with it, he could end up being the best player in the region this year.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Now what sense does that make???

JRS-my bad! I was confusing Burton with Parker from Little league. Parker is a lefty!

I stand corrected!
Big Dawg Wrote:JRS-my bad! I was confusing Burton with Parker from Little league. Parker is a lefty!

I stand corrected!

O okay i gotcha, im not sure on that one though.
runninrebs21 Wrote:I would say Logan and Hunter Crowder from Allen Central have to be two of the best in the region.

logan has already established himself one of the better players in the region...hunter improved his hitting alot last year and should do the same this year...if hunter keeps his strikeout numbers down and gets better mechanics for throwning runners out from behind the plate then i will have to put him on the list
Quote:Cody Moore from what i have seen has a lot of potential, but he does have some mechanical issues that he needs worked out or it will be hard for him to gain velocity at a high rate. He doesn't push off and with somebody with his frame that will be essential for him to learn if he is going to gain the velocity needed to live up to everyone's expectations on here.

Moore does have some mechanical issues to work out, but for the most part he has been very good. He has a nice 2 seam fastball with good movement. He has thrown in the low - mid 80s for some time and im looking for him to start hitting upper 80s by the time his junior season rolls around.
I think that LC needs to put Chris Cline as the starting pitcher.
I heard he can throw a mean 18mph fastball and it almost makes it to home plate.
LOL AT ABOVE!!!

Valley- Cody varney
Pikeville- Daniel Harmon
East Ridge- Payton Elswick
P burg-???
metz- bath county he can shoot the lights out
I OWN THE PAINT Wrote:metz- bath county he can shoot the lights out

LOL i think ur on the wrong thread big man Confusedhh:
Big Dawg Wrote:What happened to Cody Parker at JC? HEARD so much about him last year but never SAW him?

I am Cody's Uncle. Cody didn't get to pitch a lot last year because of him being a freshman and the coaching staff did not get to work with him like they wanted but in his starts last year he had around a 7-1 record with around a 1.00 era. You can look for him in the 15th region basketball tourney and you should see him a lot more on the field this coming year.
Payton Elswick hit around 8 or 9 Homeruns last year as a sophomore.
Austin Lyons from Paintsville
Corey Adams from Paintsville
Cody Parker from Johnson Central
Lawrence county: chandler shepherd
jordan miller
Shane pack
UndeniableLeader Wrote:Austin Lyons from Paintsville
Corey Adams from Paintsville
Cody Parker from Johnson Central

You forgot the #2 pitcher in the region as well from Johnson Central, Mike Conley. I think if he is healthy he has some really nasty stuff, and next to Shepherd he's the best pitcher in the region. I am sorry I know Austin is a good pitcher I just think that if Conley is 100% then he is slightly better, and I haven't seen Austin get up over 82 MPH. I'm sure he will, and he has already proven he can pitch in the big games, but Conley when he was young also beat a very very good Boyd County team. So it could possibly be up in the air with these two, but im giving the nod to Conley
cody slone from sheldon clark has to be the best center fielder in the 15th