Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious Questions
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:What about tattoos? Are they a sin? Or coloring your hair? Or dieting or tanning? Are these things okay in God's eyes?

I tan and highlighted my hair, and I diet. But I don't do it to be 'seen', I just do it because I feel better about myself. I had more confidence about myself after I did these things. I don't do them to try to be 'hot' or to please anyone else. I just like myself that way.

if your doing it for the right reasons i say no it's not
Kentucky_Liberal Wrote:if your doing it for the right reasons i say no it's not
Tammy Fae Baker would have agreed!
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:What about tattoos? Are they a sin? Or coloring your hair? Or dieting or tanning? Are these things okay in God's eyes?

I tan and highlighted my hair, and I diet. But I don't do it to be 'seen', I just do it because I feel better about myself. I had more confidence about myself after I did these things. I don't do them to try to be 'hot' or to please anyone else. I just like myself that way.

I think the one they called jesus of nazareth said something about how things outside of us could not enter into us and defile us. It was the things inside us, like hatred and prejudice and malice (for some examples) that caused the spiritual problem. It is funny, though, because in days past, tans were considered low class and more plump girls were in higher esteem than thinner ones.
DevilsWin Wrote:Tammy Fae Baker would have agreed!
Huh?...lol
Kentucky_Liberal Wrote:Huh?...lol
[attachment=o1515]
---------------- Listening to: Taylor Swift - White Horse
DevilsWin Wrote:[attachment=o1515]

I know who she is but what did you mean by that would make her proud was that a bad thing or good?
On the tattoo issue I found this-

http://www.religioustattoos.net/Bible_Support/index.php
Kentucky_Liberal Wrote:---------------- Listening to: Taylor Swift - White Horse

I know who she is but what did you mean by that would make her proud was that a bad thing or good?
PRIDE is one of the 7 deadly sins.

So if its for pride, then I say no its not ok. Vanity is also 1 of the 7 deadly sins. But Pride is the worst.
There is nothing wrong with asking questions about the bible, but I think questioning why something is in the bible is wrong. Anyone who has a question should ask. The bible said faith come by hearing. If someone listens to what the bible saids and learns then there faith will come.
DevilsWin Wrote:With that pretext, being anointed doesn't really mean anything.

You get the same effect by jumping in a mud puddle.
there fun in sin for a season.. read chapter 5 of galatians for an answer
cougarpride08 Wrote:There is nothing wrong with asking questions about the bible, but I think questioning why something is in the bible is wrong. Anyone who has a question should ask. The bible said faith come by hearing. If someone listens to what the bible saids and learns then there faith will come.

:Thumbs:
My mom got me a great book for Christmas. It's simply titled Jesus written by Tim lahaye. I had a bunch of questions that i was afraid to ask due to my Christian upbringing. But this book answers a lot of them. I would suggest that anyone who doubts the fallibility or wonders if stuff was left out like other books suggest to reAd this book
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:My mom got me a great book for Christmas. It's simply titled Jesus written by Tim lahaye. I had a bunch of questions that i was afraid to ask due to my Christian upbringing. But this book answers a lot of them. I would suggest that anyone who doubts the fallibility or wonders if stuff was left out like other books suggest to reAd this book

Tim LaHaye from the Left Behind series
Yup that's the one.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.