Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top scorers and rebounders in the 14th Region
I know Mcfarland averages quite a bit for Powell , who are the rest in the region.
Junior Miika Turner of Owsley County is averaging 24 ppg and 13 rpg. Unfortutnately she has missed the last two games (both in the All A) and has been out for two weeks now with mono. Hopefully she will be back to finish the season. Good luck and good health to her. :thumpsup:
Those are impressive numbers. Best of luck to her on her health.
Kendra Mcfarland from POWELL, is the best for sure!!!!!!!!!!Against Perry Central she had 38 points over half of the total score. And she already has over 1000 points by her sophomore year. I say she will have 2000 or more before she graduates.
piratefan24 Wrote:Kendra Mcfarland from POWELL, is the best for sure!!!!!!!!!!Against Perry Central she had 38 points over half of the total score. And she already has over 1000 points by her sophomore year. I say she will have 2000 or more before she graduates.

No. She is not the best. Kendall Noble at Breathitt is by far the best player in the region.
Slugger 35 that was just my personal opinion. Noble is really good i would really like to see her and kendra go against each other.
piratefan24 Wrote:Slugger 35 that was just my personal opinion. Noble is really good i would really like to see her and kendra go against each other.

I am not taking anything away from Kendra, she is an exellent player. Noble is just so dominant. She could honestly average 35 a game but she is just so unselfish. She does everything. Blocks shots.steals, rebounds.and scores as well as leads the team in assist. Don't forget, she is just a freshman and was the M.V.P. in the regional tournament as a seventh grader and has led her team to two straight state tounament appearances. By the way, did Powell's girls win tonight?
Yes Powell girls did win tonite.
I have to agree Kendall Noble is by far the best player in 14th region,she may not be leading scorer/rebounder but if she wanted that glory it would be her's,she is a team player and if things goes right i do believe Kendall has a shot at being Kentucky's Miss Basketball when she is a senior,she very well could be the second one from Breathitt County, Irene Moore was in 1978.
Kendall Noble hands down is the best player in the region ,she is on a team where she dosent have to be the leading scorer or rebounder for her team to win.
Kendall Noble has a great coach. That is what it takes for a player to really show her talent. Good luck this year Kendall!!
Is Powell playing Breathitt this Saturday?
Yea... Breathitt and Powell are playin at Breathitt this Saturday
7:30
I thought this thread was about the best rebounders and scorers?? Yal should have named the thread "Let's argue about Kendall and Kendra!" I mean C'mon on now....Kendra and Kendall are great! But what about Kincer and Bays pulling down the boards for Letcher Central, and Sexton and Eldridge for LC are GREAT scorers! Then what about KC, they got some big girls who get some double digit boards always! Did yal forget about baby Shouse too??? C'mon guys...lets have a real dicussion on the topic here!!!
Paige Slone for Cordia scores quite often for them, likes in the 20's every night. I'm not for sure bout the rebounding part but she is an 8th grader.
FAST_EDDIE_FELSON Wrote:Paige Slone for Cordia scores quite often for them, likes in the 20's every night. I'm not for sure bout the rebounding part but she is an 8th grader.

Most kids would score 20+ every night if they played the teams Cordia plays.
piratefan24;688552[B Wrote:]Kendra Mcfarland from POWELL, is the best for sure!!!!!!!!!![/B]Against Perry Central she had 38 points over half of the total score. And she already has over 1000 points by her sophomore year. I say she will have 2000 or more before she graduates.

I bet her numbers don't come close to Owsley's Mika Turner's. And Mika's teammate, Peyton Wright (a freshman btw) is averaging around 20 ppg and double digit rebounds.
jump_shot5 Wrote:Most kids would score 20+ every night if they played the teams Cordia plays.

Most 8th graders could'nt
FAST_EDDIE_FELSON Wrote:Paige Slone for Cordia scores quite often for them, likes in the 20's every night. I'm not for sure bout the rebounding part but she is an 8th grader.

Wink I agree, She'll be a great one! Do you think she'll stay at Cordia?
Well I'm not a Cordia fan, but I have seen this the Slone girl play more than once in grade school and high school ball this year. And in all honestly 8th grader or not, no one in this region has faced more box and chasers than Paige Slone and to put up the numbers she has is absolutely tough. I have no clue how many points she has in her career or this season, but i guarantee you she is in the top 5 or better overall as a player RIGHT NOW. She has to be close to 20 pts or better as an 8th grader. I personally hope she goes to PCC, but if not so be it. If Kendall Noble is the best freshman around than Slone is the best 8th grader around. I respect Turners game, but all I'm saying is that if you trade places with Slone and anyone of those girls from Owsley or anywhere else in the 14th region, I find it hard to believe that they could do put up the numbers she does. Kendall on the other hand is a different story. I'd love to see Slone at PCC next year against Breathitt. And in case anyone has forgot DJ from PCC has had a couple big scoring games herself, just inconsistant. Again this is just a person who loves the game giving her honest opinion, and hope all these girls have a great future.
HHS-GAL Wrote:Well I'm not a Cordia fan, but I have seen this the Slone girl play more than once in grade school and high school ball this year. And in all honestly 8th grader or not, no one in this region has faced more box and chasers than Paige Slone and to put up the numbers she has is absolutely tough. I have no clue how many points she has in her career or this season, but i guarantee you she is in the top 5 or better overall as a player RIGHT NOW. She has to be close to 20 pts or better as an 8th grader. I personally hope she goes to PCC, but if not so be it. If Kendall Noble is the best freshman around than Slone is the best 8th grader around. I respect Turners game, but all I'm saying is that if you trade places with Slone and anyone of those girls from Owsley or anywhere else in the 14th region, I find it hard to believe that they could do put up the numbers she does. Kendall on the other hand is a different story. I'd love to see Slone at PCC next year against Breathitt. And in case anyone has forgot DJ from PCC has had a couple big scoring games herself, just inconsistant. Again this is just a person who loves the game giving her honest opinion, and hope all these girls have a great future.

We'll i'm gong to agree and disagree with this post. First of all I hope Paige goes to Knott with my daughter, second of all i agree she's in the top 5 as an overall player easily. But as a true point guard she may be the best in the 14th region besides Kendall Noble, and if she goes to KCC then it's horse race. I have seen her play only about 3 time this year, but in all 3 games the other team started out in a box and chaser right off the bat. As for the one post about teams that Cordia has played, i refer you to the khsaa and check their schedule. Not that they have beat some great teams, but even i have to admit they have played some VERY good teams during the year. I personall think that the Pratt girl is underrated myself, i believe we could get her eligible at KCC also.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I bet her numbers don't come close to Owsley's Mika Turner's. And Mika's teammate, Peyton Wright (a freshman btw) is averaging around 20 ppg and double digit rebounds.

Pretty sure Mcfarland's numbers come pretty even to Mika's. Maybe even better than Mika's. Wright will be very good her senior year.
In the last three games Kendra has scored almost or over 80 points. Tonite she was on fire!!! Even though the girl guarding her was much taller than her. Way to go Kendra!!
Paige is not a true point guard. She could be but she shoots 100 shots a game. Plus she has a bad attitude. Shes got such good skills, and shes one of the best gaurds around...period. But when shes not scoring...watch out...she cries and goes on...it's sad really. She's too good to act that way.