Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top players for each team in the 60th...
who are they?

there are Phelps, Pike Central, and Belfry in this district.

give me some input.
Pike Central: Buck Martin, Ryan Charles, Justin Norman, Aaron McGuire and Michael Daniel

Belfry: Matt Blackburn, Robert Runyon

Phelps: Dillon Stiltner
Is Buck the catcher for Central, I thought he graduated?
Kyboy13 Wrote:Is Buck the catcher for Central, I thought he graduated?

You are thinking Bobby McKinney, he was their catcher. Buck is the left handed pitcher and first baseman. If Buck is on, he can be the best pitcher in the region. He has the most natural movement I have ever seen on a fastball.
Commanche Wrote:You are thinking Bobby McKinney, he was their catcher. Buck is the left handed pitcher and first baseman. If Buck is on, he can be the best pitcher in the region. He has the most natural movement I have ever seen on a fastball.

Come on now? I can think of atleast 3 right off the bat that are better.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Come on now? I can think of atleast 3 right off the bat that are better.

If you will read closely, I said, "If he is on", I did not say he was the best. I think in there are several just as good. Obviously:

Shepeard is #1, from then you have Moore(LC), Lyons(Paintsville),Huffman(Pikeville),Robert Runyon(Belfry) and Conley(JC) in no particular order would be the next tier along with Buck.

Have you ever seen him throw with the summer team where they actually have catchers that can catch him? At Pike Central he has only had very and I stress a very mediocre catcher. That limits how comfortable that a pitcher can be to throw the nasty stuff. He has a good change, a decent curve and a phenominal slider(which he cannot throw to mediocre catchers). Ask Corey Adams, Patrick Keene, or Taylor Smith how nasty it can be. It is tough for good catchers to hang on to .

Not wanting to argue, I was just stating my opinion.
Commanche Wrote:If you will read closely, I said, "If he is on", I did not say he was the best. I think in there are several just as good. Obviously:

Shepeard is #1, from then you have Moore(LC), Lyons(Paintsville),Huffman(Pikeville),Robert Runyon(Belfry) and Conley(JC) in no particular order would be the next tier along with Buck.

Have you ever seen him throw with the summer team where they actually have catchers that can catch him? At Pike Central he has only had very and I stress a very mediocre catcher. That limits how comfortable that a pitcher can be to throw the nasty stuff. He has a good change, a decent curve and a phenominal slider(which he cannot throw to mediocre catchers). Ask Corey Adams, Patrick Keene, or Taylor Smith how nasty it can be. It is tough for good catchers to hang on to .

Not wanting to argue, I was just stating my opinion.

i understand that but what i was saying is even if he's on is not anywhere close to being the best in the region.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:i understand that but what i was saying is even if he's on is not anywhere close to being the best in the region.

Again, IF HE IS ON, put he and anyother pitcher in the region on equally talented teams and you would be surprised how good he is. He has played on the Pikeville team with my son and they play all over TN, KY, SC, and OH. I have seen him dominate teams from the big cities that were more talented than the Pikeville team.

Again Chandler is the best, but if you know baseball the way you seem, then surely you will agree that on any given day good pitchers can dominate. I didnt mean to insinuate that he is the best only that he can be the best on a given day.

I seem to remember everyone doubting Grimm last year and he happens to be playing on the Top JUCO team in the country. They are preseason number 1.
Commanche Wrote:Again, IF HE IS ON, put he and anyother pitcher in the region on equally talented teams and you would be surprised how good he is. He has played on the Pikeville team with my son and they play all over TN, KY, SC, and OH. I have seen him dominate teams from the big cities that were more talented than the Pikeville team.
Again Chandler is the best, but if you know baseball the way you seem, then surely you will agree that on any given day good pitchers can dominate. I didnt mean to insinuate that he is the best only that he can be the best on a given day.

I seem to remember everyone doubting Grimm last year and he happens to be playing on the Top JUCO team in the country. They are preseason number 1.

The Pikeville team was not that talented to begin with, i mean they were competitive, but that's it. I would say as far as talent goes just about every team they played was more talented. I hope your not comparing him to Grimm? Grimm is and was and always will be head and shoulders above this kid, they shouldn't even be considered in the same sentence. He barely breakes 80 MPH, and granted I have seen him when he has been on, and his best pitch is his breaking ball and when that isn't locating, what does he have to fall back on? His FB is not overpowering enough to go to that, and thats the difference between him and alot of the others is most of them have a pitch they can go to if something goes wrong. Therefore, it doesn't matter if they are on, they don't have to be on, and they are going to be the best every time they touch the mound, because they can make needed adjustments.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:The Pikeville team was not that talented to begin with, i mean they were competitive, but that's it. I would say as far as talent goes just about every team they played was more talented. I hope your not comparing him to Grimm? Grimm is and was and always will be head and shoulders above this kid, they shouldn't even be considered in the same sentence. He barely breakes 80 MPH, and granted I have seen him when he has been on, and his best pitch is his breaking ball and when that isn't locating, what does he have to fall back on? His FB is not overpowering enough to go to that, and thats the difference between him and alot of the others is most of them have a pitch they can go to if something goes wrong. Therefore, it doesn't matter if they are on, they don't have to be on, and they are going to be the best every time they touch the mound, because they can make needed adjustments.

You only want to argue, I see. Again I didnt compare him to Grimm, did I? Just made a statement and I would venture to say you couldnt point the kid out if he walked by you in a Pike Central Uniform. All you ever saw when the summer team played Paintsville is the better players sitting alot so the others could get more playing time when they were not in a tournament. The Coach never threw his regular best pitchers over and inning or so in each contest. This gave kids who did not pitch much on weekends a chance to see some more playing time. As for the summer team, they came in 3rd in a 16 team tourney in Louisville, won the 76's juniior tournament, and played the socks off teams from all over including Knoxville, Columbus, Cincinati, Chattanooga, Memphis, Marietta GA, Brevard Co. FL...... in the 18u division when most of them were just 15-16 year olds. The summer team had several wins over teams from these cities. Unless you follow them on weekends, you have no right to make judgement against this team. I would not cut any child and hope this was not your intent.
Commanche Wrote:You only want to argue, I see. Again I didnt compare him to Grimm, did I? Just made a statement and I would venture to say you couldnt point the kid out if he walked by you in a Pike Central Uniform. All you ever saw when the summer team played Paintsville is the better players sitting alot so the others could get more playing time when they were not in a tournament. The Coach never threw his regular best pitchers over and inning or so in each contest. This gave kids who did not pitch much on weekends a chance to see some more playing time. As for the summer team, they came in 3rd in a 16 team tourney in Louisville, won the 76's juniior tournament, and played the socks off teams from all over including Knoxville, Columbus, Cincinati, Chattanooga, Memphis, Marietta GA, Brevard Co. FL...... in the 18u division when most of them were just 15-16 year olds. The summer team had several wins over teams from these cities. Unless you follow them on weekends, you have no right to make judgement against this team. I would not cut any child and hope this was not your intent.

Im not cutting him by no means, i am keeping your statement from getting blown up to something its not. The next thing you'll say is that he is D1 material and then we'll have to go through all that mess. Im not trying to argue, but your not the only one that has an opinion, and just because its not the same as your doesn't mean its wrong. I seen that team play many times, and I can tell you that yes i can make a judgement abou them and i can also make a judgement about him as well, i've met him many times. Too many times ppl have nothing but biased opinions on here and they end up getting blown up into something thats almost on the verge on rediculus and i was hoping that wouldn't happen. I am not denying he is a descent pitcher, but there are a lot of lefty's that can throw 75-80 with a descent curve ball, they are a dime a dozen, especially when you venture outside of Pike County.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Im not cutting him by no means, i am keeping your statement from getting blown up to something its not. The next thing you'll say is that he is D1 material and then we'll have to go through all that mess. Im not trying to argue, but your not the only one that has an opinion, and just because its not the same as your doesn't mean its wrong. I seen that team play many times, and I can tell you that yes i can make a judgement abou them and i can also make a judgement about him as well, i've met him many times. Too many times ppl have nothing but biased opinions on here and they end up getting blown up into something thats almost on the verge on rediculus and i was hoping that wouldn't happen. I am not denying he is a descent pitcher, but there are a lot of lefty's that can throw 75-80 with a descent curve ball, they are a dime a dozen, especially when you venture outside of Pike County.

Have you been to any weekend tourneys? Simple question, just please answer.

How many times have you seen him pitch on weekends, not high school?

No, he is not D1, he is wanting to go to Allice Lloyd and it is a great fit.

There are very few D1 players in East Kentucky, simply due to where we live. Our kids dont have many oppurtunities. My kid plays 32 high school games and 50 in summer and fall. Teams we play down south play 60 or so in the summer and 40 or so in the fall, plus their HS season. Hard to compete when very few east kentucky kids even play summer or fall.

So for your info, right now the only shoe in D-1 barring injury is Shepeard. I am not a dreamer I am a realist. More than likely no other kid currently playing in this region will go D-1. I do think Moore has a shot as well.

But I guess you are the only opinion on here thats right. My kid doesnt even go to Pike Central, so dont think I am a homer.
Commanche Wrote:Have you been to any weekend tourneys? Simple question, just please answer.

How many times have you seen him pitch on weekends, not high school?

No, he is not D1, he is wanting to go to Allice Lloyd and it is a great fit.

There are very few D1 players in East Kentucky, simply due to where we live. Our kids dont have many oppurtunities. My kid plays 32 high school games and 50 in summer and fall. Teams we play down south play 60 or so in the summer and 40 or so in the fall, plus their HS season. Hard to compete when very few east kentucky kids even play summer or fall.

So for your info, right now the only shoe in D-1 barring injury is Shepeard. I am not a dreamer I am a realist. More than likely no other kid currently playing in this region will go D-1. I do think Moore has a shot as well.

But I guess you are the only opinion on here thats right. My kid doesnt even go to Pike Central, so dont think I am a homer.

There is no need in getting yourself all tore up over this, its simply a conversation. Calm down, it is two opinions that are different, it's not the end of the world. And also to answer your question the only tournament i saw was the one in Ashland, and I also seen a game in pikeville at the college field that was a weekend game, but not a tournament. I don't know what that has to do with anything but there is my answer. I have seen the kid several times, and ive watched him throw for people with it just being him on the mound. You know my opinioin on him, and I agree with you I think alice loyd will be a perfect fit for him. I am not even going to comment on the D1 status of players right now because that is just silly.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:There is no need in getting yourself all tore up over this, its simply a conversation. Calm down, it is two opinions that are different, it's not the end of the world. And also to answer your question the only tournament i saw was the one in Ashland, and I also seen a game in pikeville at the college field that was a weekend game, but not a tournament. I don't know what that has to do with anything but there is my answer. I have seen the kid several times, and ive watched him throw for people with it just being him on the mound. You know my opinioin on him, and I agree with you I think alice loyd will be a perfect fit for him. I am not even going to comment on the D1 status of players right now because that is just silly.

You must be an ump as I notice you are an expert on all kids in all regions. You know every kid in the 13,14,15, and 16 region and their abiliities after reading your other post. You are the one who brought D1 status up pal, not I. I simply was stating to you that Buck is not D1 status imo, so I guess you are the silly one for bringing it up.

This thread has got way off base with you and I, it is time to get back on topic. I am sure we will cross paths on here again since you like to pick out one word and make a new topic out of it.
Thank you commache... Yes, it did get off topic... NOW.. BACK to the thread topic of discussion....

I KNOW Dillion Stiltner is an excellent pitcher/player... Phelps also has several great players who will make an impact on their season....

Belfry has a lot of talent also... They have some freshman moving up that within a couple of years are going to be something to reckon with.... They went to the Jr. League state tournament last year defeating everyone by mercy rule... (scored 81 runs and allowed 9)....teams they defeated... Virgie, Knott County, Phelps, Prestonsburg, and Paintsville.... They ARE good and only have time to improve...

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:Thank you commache... Yes, it did get off topic... NOW.. BACK to the thread topic of discussion....

I KNOW Dillion Stiltner is an excellent pitcher/player... Phelps also has several great players who will make an impact on their season....

Belfry has a lot of talent also... They have some freshman moving up that within a couple of years are going to be something to reckon with.... They went to the Jr. League state tournament last year defeating everyone by mercy rule... (scored 81 runs and allowed 9)....teams they defeated... Virgie, Knott County, Phelps, Prestonsburg, and Paintsville.... They ARE good and only have time to improve...

Dillon is a talented Pitcher and position player as well. I dont know many of there other players. I do know Belfry has some talent this year and some good young players coming up. Tyler Dotson will be sorely missed on that team. I dont think any team in the 60th will be deep at pitching.
Commanche Wrote:You must be an ump as I notice you are an expert on all kids in all regions. You know every kid in the 13,14,15, and 16 region and their abiliities after reading your other post. You are the one who brought D1 status up pal, not I. I simply was stating to you that Buck is not D1 status imo, so I guess you are the silly one for bringing it up.

This thread has got way off base with you and I, it is time to get back on topic. I am sure we will cross paths on here again since you like to pick out one word and make a new topic out of it.

Um okay? I don't consider myself an expert on anything but im not going to let somebody say something that just simply isn't true, even if you want it to be real bad.
Slim stay on topic.
Commanche Wrote:Slim stay on topic.

Were talking about a kid in the 60th district, im pretty sure that is on topic. If your done then thats fine, but i wasn't off topic.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Were talking about a kid in the 60th district, im pretty sure that is on topic. If your done then thats fine, but i wasn't off topic.

You are right, again. My bad!
Commanche Wrote:You are right, again. My bad!

alright then good to know