Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tussey to resign
Tammy Tussey will resign from PC
When will this happen? After the season or before? And what is the reason?

Seems like big news....I for one can't believe it...
This is crazy, Why is this? She is a great coach
Happened last night, new coach named tomorrow.
Why though, why would she leave?
This is crazy..I hate politics..Tammy is the most accomplished coach at PC and one of the most accomplished in the region..She doesn't deserve this and I hope she puts up a fight before all is said and done.
WHY? WHY? Someone tell me why one of the best coaches in the region is quitting?
Is it her choice is the question?
Her choice
This is not her choice!!!
She was given the choice to resign or be fired, so I guess you could say she chose.
Hate to see her go.
Will this hurt Pike Central??????????????????
This was not her choice. She was forced into resignation.
Can someone shed some light on why?
Don't know any details, just know she was forced to resign.
Well I no longer put Central as a contender!!!
"Basketballer" Wrote:Well I no longer put Central as a contender!!!
Why not??
Maybe the players will welcome the change and actually perform to their abilities or beyond???
She is a top coach in this region, other than Ratliff they have no strong players..
Why wouldn't you put Central as a contender? Just because of a coaching change?
Let's see... Ratliff, K. Lowe, P. Lowe, there are more than one strong player on this team. This team has unbelievable talent, if only they will play as a team.
I guess we will just have to wait and see..Who's the new coach?
No word yet, Who would be a good coach for PCC?
Tussey's assistant maybe, I think her name was Amanda Collins
IMO i think that with Tussey leaving that it will bring the girls closer together. What do you guys think?
I hate to hear this .. she was a great coach.. they will miss her a lot
i heard the principle told tussey he wasnt happy with regional champs the he wanted state champs
:lol: :lol: McCoy is in WAY over his head...wanting state championships in girls bball and football. Smile

But I have heard players in the past say that they didn't like her...so it might be a good move.
PC is definitely a contender....maybe even more than before....they are by far the most talented team in the region top to bottom...I know for a fact that the players were not happy with her as the coach...she is a great coach, no doubt, and will easily get another job....and Central will be better for it.
any word on who the new coach will be???
The interim coach is Courtney Mercer. She played at Phelps in the late 90's. Her father is the principal at ECMS now. If they don't keep her as coach, they will hire someone else. I think Coach Tussey was forced to resign for political reasons and for reasons that should be illegal, IMO. They stated that she had lost the support of the community and school. If her players and community aren't willing to help fight and keep her there, then they don't deserve her. It more than likely stemmed from parents. If she had parental support from her team, then the principal would not have asked her to resign. It basically boils down to someone disliking her for reasons other than her coaching methods. She is a wonderful coach and will have zero problems scoring a job elsewhere. Rumor has it she may be sitting on the bench with Coach Halbert at Pikeville this year. I hate to see a great coach like her treated like this, but in the end she will have the last laugh. Good Luck Coach Tussey--you have tons of support out there, including me.
Courtney doesn't want the job.