Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Boys' 8th Grade State Tournament
What about Russell county they went all the way to the final four last year
The only reason I didn't pick Russell Co. is because I heard one of their best players isn't playing. They are still very good.

If Rosspoint can get by Scott Co. then they will have a good tournament. I think they got a tough draw to play the defending champs in the second round.
what do u think the final four will look like
what do you think the final four will look like
Lincoln
Knox
Sebastion
Mayfield
Does anybody know anything on Grayson County, Corbin or Leestown ????
canoeman06 Wrote:Does anybody know anything on Grayson County, Corbin or Leestown ????

Corbin has a couple of guards that are pretty good. The have a left handed guard that is good. They do not have a lot to go with him.
canoeman06 Wrote:Does anybody know anything on Grayson County, Corbin or Leestown ????

Grayson CO. is supposed to be very good. KYAAU could tell you more
Everywhere I turn, I am hearing that Knox Co. is very good. Any info on them would be appreciated.
It seems like a lot of info on the eastern and souther Ky teams. What about the teams from L'ville, and N. Ky. Does either of those areas have teams good enough to make the final 4? Those areas are usually well represented in the Sweetsixteen.:1:
Need info about Pineville boys 8th grade team. PM any details! Thanks!
South Laurel should win the tournament. They may be playing under KY Heat this weekend. They are simply loaded with 8-10 players.
KoJack Wrote:South Laurel should win the tournament. They may be playing under KY Heat this weekend. They are simply loaded with 8-10 players.

Are the people at KBA allowing AAU teams to play this weekend? I know it hasn't been done in the past and it would take alot away from the tournament, and to me it would not be a middle school state tournament if that is so.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Are the people at KBA allowing AAU teams to play this weekend? I know it hasn't been done in the past and it would take alot away from the tournament, and to me it would not be a middle school state tournament if that is so.

No, Aau teams are not allowed. Also, only school teams that are really a school. Like Lexington Catholic always wants to enter, but there is no Lex Cath middle school.
mtguru Wrote:AB Combs, Eversole, RW Combs, SMS, and South Laurel are all scheduled to make the trip from Eastern Kentucky. South Laurel has won several tournaments at the Sportsplex and will be a tough team to knock out of the tournament. SMS won the 14th Region Middle School Tournament and is one of my favorites to win the state tournament, Eversole (Hazard) was the Runners-Up. AB Combs won the Perry County Grade School Tournament and RW Combs was the Runners-Up. I think these 5 teams will have a good showing at the state tournament and like I said, they are all scheduled to make the trip as of right now and all of them are capable of going very deep into the tournament. I think SMS and South Laurel have a shot at winning it, however there will be several good team in the tournament and a few great teams that I haven't had the previledge watching so I wish all the teams the best of luck and have a great 3 days of basketball. Good luck to all teams.

Posted this 2 times now??? lol
Pond creek nation Wrote:Is belfry in this and if they are then how far can they go?

They are not it but i dont think they would make far past there paly in game the day they go there.........
Do they still play a play in game the night they get there because i remember when i played there we played a play in game at 10:30 the night we got there then had to get p at 8 and play the next morning!!!
This makes it hard on your team especially when you have a long ride down there.............
i know, right? Wrote:Do they still play a play in game the night they get there because i remember when i played there we played a play in game at 10:30 the night we got there then had to get p at 8 and play the next morning!!!
This makes it hard on your team especially when you have a long ride down there.............

Yes, there is still a play in game.
MR. Slate Wrote:No, Aau teams are not allowed. Also, only school teams that are really a school. Like Lexington Catholic always wants to enter, but there is no Lex Cath middle school.

Thanks,

I didn't think so, but I read where South Laurel's team would be an AAU team, and then a coach told me that his grade school team wasn't going, but their AAU team was.
I think some schools make them take a bus or have insurance issues. They may call them AAU because they don't take the whole team. But, all the kids attend the same school even though they call it AAU it is usually to avoid some issue that the school may have.
cart man Wrote:I think some schools make them take a bus or have insurance issues. They may call them AAU because they don't take the whole team. But, all the kids attend the same school even though they call it AAU it is usually to avoid some issue that the school may have.

Thanks. We've attended the tournament since 04 and it has always been a school tournament so I was confused by some of the responses.
It'll be intresting to see if any of the E.Ky or Southern Ky teams even make it to the final 4. When the teams roll out of the other parts of the state where the traditional basketball power is, there may not be any of the E. or S. Ky teams make it let alone 2 or 3 as some on here have suggested.

It will be intresting come tomorrow.
Betsy Layne and Jones who do you think will win this one!!!!
Jones by 8
Betsy Layne beat Jones by 14 points i think. Not sure
Congrats Betsy Lane!

Now get that football team in the Big Sandy Conference where they belong.
Does anybody know how A.B. and R.W. have done?
You can go check it out here:

http://www.scoresandschedules.com/KBALiv...tateID=300
The Final Eight

Madison vs Lincoln

Clay vs. Knox

Sebastian vs Eversole

Scott Vs. South Laurel
Looks like 5 of the final 8 are mountain teams. :Thumbs: